“One of the better vineyards in the Hill Country” 5 of 5 stars

Type: Wineries
Attraction Details
Austin, Texas
27 attraction reviews
“One of the better vineyards in the Hill Country”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

We visited Perissos with friends (their third trip!) while visiting nearby Inks Lake State Park this past weekend. It's a family run operation on 15 acres, and the wines are very good. $10 gets you a tasting of about 8 different wines. Our favorites were the white Sweet Lucy and red Bella. Prices per bottle ran $25 to $47.

Visited April 2013

Corinth, Texas
20 attraction reviews
“Spring Break 2013”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

My husband and I visited Perissos vineyard on March 17 2013. The vineyard is out of the way, a GPS is recommend. They are open from 12-5, we were the first to arrive. The hostess was friendly and welcoming.
There is a price choice on the wine tasting from $5 -$10 each. We did the $5 which was 2 whites and 3 reds. only 1 red wine and 1 port is local to this vineyard, disappointing to us since we were interested in local grown Texas wines.
We did enjoy and purchase the two local grown wines. It was a small vineyard, but worth the visit. Take your time the drive is seine and enjoyable.

Visited March 2013
Austin, Texas
6 attraction reviews
“Lovely Wine Tasting in the Vineyard!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

My husband and I visited Perissos Vineyard with another couple when we were camping at Inks Lake State Park. It's just a short drive, so we figured why not? We had a BLAST! The vineyard itself is so pretty, even though the vines are not in bloom right now. There were a plethora of picnic tables very near the vineyard and under the shade of gorgeous trees. We chose to sit outside at a picnic table, but there was also seating inside if the weather is not to your liking.

The tasting is $10 for 6 of their wines. They provide a printout of their tasting notes so you can read about the wine you are enjoying (or about to enjoy). The employees walk around filling up your glass, going in the order they lay out. We had about 4 different people walk by to fill up our glasses, and each was super nice, knowledgeable, and passionate. There's nothing worse than going to a wine tasting where the employees seem like they have no idea about the wine. Not here! Each person we talked to had extensive knowledge of each of the wines we tasted as well as those not on the tasting menu. Not only were they knowledgeable about the wines, but about the winery itself. It seemed like they were all close friends with the owners.

Now about the wines themselves-- DANG! So delicious. The whites were on the sweet side, which I'm not a huge fan of, but they were still so, so good! The reds were super yummy, with the Syrah being my favorite. I'm pretty sure if that's the only wine I could drink for the rest of my life, I would be fine with that.

Although the tastings end at 5:00, we stayed a bit late to finish off our glasses of wine and to take a peak inside the building where the wine is held. They didn't seem to mind that we stayed late. But they DID mind when we tried to take the wine glasses with us at the end-- OOPS! We thought it was part of the tasting. It's not. So don't make that mistake.

I will definitely visit Perissos again when we're in the area!

Visited February 2013

Been to Perissos Vineyards? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Perissos Vineyards, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.

Bookmark for later