I can see why this place gets mixed reviews. My experience here was not good. When I arrived for an impromptu three-day working retreat, I had high hopes, having enjoyed the long drive in from Austin and the beautiful scenery leading up to the facility. It's priced like a higher-end retreat center, but it's run more like a state campground. You're given a map and a key to your building and a rather perfunctory send off. Even though it looked like they had few guests at the time, I was placed further away facing nothing but dense cedar trees. The room was awkwardly organized, cold and barren feeling, and filled with down comforters and pillows, even know we had requested them be removed many hours earlier. My allergic reaction was immediate, however the front desk response was slow and unconcerned, even accusatory. I had been looking also for a quiet place to work, but the room offered none of the advertised wifi access. The restaurant had little to nothing in the way of vegetarian options, and attempted only half-heartedly to problem solve. Fortunately though they were willing to cancel the reservation and refund the initial charge. So they earned three stars for that accommodation. There was a very friendly and warm grounds worker there, who looked like he loved his job and made the place more welcoming than any of the other staff had. I believe Canyon at the Eagles is probably the right kind of place for a large family retreat, or someone looking to spend more time in nature. But it didn't suit the needs of this private retreatant looking for a quiet place to work in a beautiful setting with some comfort. I ended up staying a very comfortable night in a warm and feather free room, overlooking a heated pool at the Marriott Horseshoe Bay, for less cost per night (via Priceline).
- Also Known As:
- Canyon Of The Eagles Lodge And Nature Park Hotel
- Canyon Of The Eagles Lodge And Nature Park Hotel Burnet
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Leave your big city cares behind and immerse yourself in the serenity and natural beauty of this Texas Hill Country lodge. Enjoy the wildlife and the wonderful hiking trails.Take advantage of Canyon of the Eagles, many features and activities:* Home away from home. Check into one of our well-appointed guestrooms with all of the comforts of home and none of the distractions * Relax on your room porch's rocking chair, read a good book, take a nap,bask in a dazzling sunset or watch the moonlight reflect from the native fauna * Get back to nature in one of our 34 tent camping sites or 24 RV sites* Explore the outdoors. Meander the beautiful Bird and Butterfly Trailor hike some of the 14 miles of maintained trails (please be aware, some of the trails in the nature preserve area are closed through August for the nesting of our endangered and threatened bird species) * Indulge in gourmet Hill Country cuisine. The award-winning Overlook Restaurant with its panoramic view of Lake Buchanan, serves made from scratch breakfast, lunch, dinner, and desserts every day of the year (reservations are suggested for dinner)* A birdwatcher's dream. Spot a Black-Capped Vireo, Golden-CheekedWarbler or many other winged beauties that nest in the nature preserve * Lay by the pool. Bask in the sun and feel the Lake Buchanan breeze(Resort room guests only) * Vino. Sip a glass of Texas wine from local vineyards or yourfavorite vintner * Enjoy live music on Saturday nights (throughout the spring and summer) * Educational Programs including Guided Nature Hikes and Build yourown Terrarium or Humming Bird Feeder, will be offered throughout the summer *View the heavens and be awed at the Eagle Eye Observatory. Attend a Star Party which during the summer are also offered during the week! * Cruise the historic Colorado River on the Vanishing Texas River Cruise (which also offers kayak and stand-up paddle board rentals)* Cuddle up and watch a family friendly movie on the patio or in one ofour conference rooms * Let your mind wander. enjoy the quiet relaxation of the naturalsurroundings * Know why we say, "Canyon of the Eagles, where the road ends the adventure begins." ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, TripOnline SA and Travelocity so you can book your Canyon of the Eagles Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.