“It was cool” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Austin, Texas
“It was cool”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014 via mobile

We went to buffalo wild wings first & they told us it would take 2hrs to seat our party of 10. We drove to the next parking lot & was greeted with a smile at applebee's. The host & waitress were real friendly. We didnt wait long for the food. Everyone's food was served hot & very well seasoned. My mango swirled rita was good but not strong enough. I couldnt taste any alcohol.

• Visited April 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

pickering
“Great Service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2014

food was ok...service I liked...everyone was on the ball..atmosphere not the greatest..regular themed look

Visited November 2013
Hillsboro, Texas, United States
“Applebee's”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

We arrived pretty close to 1 p.m. and there was hardly anyone in the restaurant except for a table of 10 who were finishing up their meal. We waited approximately 5 minutes before the waitress came to the table and another 5 minutes to get our drinks! The meal was good as usual, but the service was lousy. The reason our drinks was so late in coming was that our same waitress had to give the checks (individually) to the party of 10 but couldn't bring our drinks out at the same time. Thought that was very poor service and thinking in advance.

• Visited November 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Alvarado, Texas
“Local Applebee's”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

Applebee's is a "middle of the road" chain restaurant. My last visit there was a very positive experience, due, particularly, to the waiter named Drew. He was engaging, with lots of personality and I will certainly request him again. I like Applebee's for casual dining because they offer a limited calorie menu along with their regular choices. I had the Zesty Roma Chicken and Shrimp and the chicken was tender and moist, with a nice balance of spices. My husband had the Grilled Jalapeno Lime Shrimp, which he said was tasty. I like that the bar area was closed off from the regular dining area with a wall and glass, which helps keep the smoke away from the dining area. I had a coupon for chips and salsa or the dessert bites and we chose and shared the latter...just a taste of sweet, but I did not feel I had cheated on my diet. I often take my mother to Applebee's for lunch and their specials are served quickly and efficiently. The staff works to keep the dining area clean at all times, which I like, particularly if I am towards the end of the dining hour.

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Burleson, TX
“Okay Every Once in a While”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

My husband and I took my mother to Applebee's for lunch one day this week. The inside has been completely repainted and all of the Burleson memorabilia is gone. The restaurant looks very commercial and the walls are pretty boring compared to how the dining room used to look.

As for the food. We had the soup and salad lunch special. It was pretty tastey and reasonably priced. We had to wait awhile to get our food because the waiteress dropped it on the way out of the kitchen. She told us exactly why our food was taking a long time so we appreciated the honesty.

Applebee's isn't our favorite place to eat and when we walked in we remembered why we rarely go there. When you walk in, you have to walk right by the bar and the ashtray odor permeates the air in the waiting area.

• Visited December 2012