“Worth the drive!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Augusta, Georgia
“Worth the drive!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

We were staying in Abilene for the week and several folks recommended that we head out to Buffalo Gap and eat at Periini's . e were not disappointed. the service was exceptional and the food was even better. The atmosphere is just what you expect from a Texas ranch, they even had a roaring fire going in the fireplace. Don't forget to eat some of the desserts. I had the bread pudding and others in my group had the chocolate cake and cheese cake all were delicious. I just wish I lived closer so I could eat here again! Well worth the drive out to the country for the experience and the amazing food!

• Visited February 2013

Midland, Texas
“Worth driving from Midland for”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

Had lunch here on the way to Abilene State Park. Food was excellent. I had cajun catfish and it was the best. I love bread pudding and had to try that too.. Their bread pudding is absolutely the best I've had and I've had a lot. Service was top notch too. We will definately be coming back here.

• Visited February 2013
Strawn, Texas
“Plan to return, often.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

After many attempts, accepted a 5:30PM reservation on a Wednesday. To start, the Manhattan was the best I've had in fifty years, and each serving was improved by the previous. The quail legs were good, but they prepared your taste for the exciting blue cheese salad, followed by a perfect cowboy rib eye and asparagus. I finished with the bread pudding and black coffee. I will return again if only for the bread pudding and black coffee.
My dinner at Perini's has to be one of my top ten dining experiences.

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Best steakhouse in ABILENE hands down and rivals bigger cities.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013 via mobile

After finally getting a reservation, my wife and I got there and immediately were impressed by the environment coming into it. Got the Texas feel and atmosphere. Our server was Billy and he was very friendly and attentive. My wife got the prime rib and I got the 16oz rib eye. All I gotta say is incredible.....we finished off with a strawberry shortcake and upon seeing it I was disappointed because it wasn't what I was expecting but boy let me tell you. It's worth going back just for that dessert. Love it!!!!!

Smithfield, Virginia
“Just perfect!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Went on a Saturday at lunch, from the moment we arrived the experience was unique and special. The best steak ever. Save room for dessert, the bread pudding was awesome. If you enjoy a after dinner coffee, Jay's special coffee is a definite (alcoholic). This is a place for a special time because it is a little pricey.

• Visited December 2012