“Honest employees, clean, good mattress &reasonable price!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Americas Best Value Inn Buffalo

You added Americas Best Value Inn Buffalo to your Saves list
Americas Best Value Inn Buffalo
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2736 W Main Street, Hwy 79 & I-45, Buffalo, TX 75831 (Formerly Economy Inn Buffalo)   |
Hotel virtual tour
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Buffalo
“Honest employees, clean, good mattress &reasonable price!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014

I highly recommend this hotel because of the integrity of the employees. My husband and I stayed here one night. I left my wedding ring in the room and we drove two hours away before I realized it. When my husband contacted the hotel he spoke to Chad. Chad was very sympathetic with our distress and immediately went to look for the ring, found it, called us back and shipped it to us that day This honest service and the fact that it had all three of our other requirements for a hotel (cleanliness, good mattress, and reasonable price) have certainly impressed us! We will be staying here again if our travels take us in that direction.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Bella Vista
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2014

We stayed here by chance last fall and by design again on Friday. Yes, it's an older facility but delightfully updated. Rooms are spacious, clean and quiet. Pool is pleasant. Morning breakfast works just fine. Yes, we will be staying here again...especially considering the two pricier places next door.

Room Tip: We prefer first floor but then we are older. Yes, you will hear the train but you also hear it at t...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2014

Good stop for wary travelers. Hotel is large truck friendly. Rooms are cozy with minimal comforts- fridge and microwave. The room had no funny smells or pest issues. I have no complaints about the hotel or its staff. Check-in staff was friendly and you can that he enjoyed his job...definitely not a façade. Continental breakfast is available. Ask for a room away from the big truck parking lot to reduce possibility of being woke up early morning. Although, I was not waken up by the trucks but a light sleeper like my wife may be awaken.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the big truck parking lot to reduce possibility of being woke up early morn...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Butler, Missouri
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2014

I travel a great deal, and my husband and I, like to let folks know when they are doing a great job. But This was one of the worst stays I have ever had in a motel, and we stayed at the same chain the next day in Oklahoma(was a totally different stay 110% better there) we are senior citizen's & my husband is very frail and we depend on staff taking care of us, and getting a decent nights sleep when were stay in a motel. We were shocked when we found out this room was $30.00 higher than most of the others in this chain! And they charged more for a pet fee, the real shocker was when we got in the room the carpet was spotted up all over the place, we should of taken pictures, we went right to the service desk to report it as we did not want our small lap dogs who remain kenneled when we travel to be blamed for it. To our surprise the rooms were plain filthy, when I grabbed the bed rail, I got my hands dirty from the layers of dust on them, then we pulled the sheets up to learn they had hair on them as did the bathroom sink, and the room had a moldy smell to it. Its too bad there are people in business simply for you to hand them money for minimal service. I owned my own business for 30 year and my stand was the customer always comes 1st no matter what. All of this said if you do not mind paying more and sleeping in a unclean, no a filthy room go ahead and stay here. Too bad we will NEVER stay there again. And we travel often through this region.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
ABVI_BUFFALO_GM, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn Buffalo, responded to this review, April 11, 2014
Dear, Pattycake6812

Americas Best Value Inn of Buffalo would like to thank you for taking time to leave us a review on Trip Advisor. My staff and I apologize that your stay at the Americas Best Value Inn of Buffalo, TX was not satisfactory. We have built a positive online reputation over the years so the issues you faced during your stay will be taken very seriously. We do have a minimal pet fee of $10.00 per pet; also we are the only hotel in town that allows pets. I would hate to loose your long term business and I hope that we can gain your trust in the future. If you would like to discuss your stay at our hotel you can reach me at my contact information below. I will be available at any time to take care of your concerns.

Andy, GM
903-322-4202
abvibuffalotx@gmail.com
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2014

+ fair price
+ near to the freeway
+ clean room, with nice bed
- basic breakfast, make your own waffles, cereal, nothing fancy or fresh
- the train horns kept us awake, there's a train track nearby, bring your earplugs

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Owen Sound, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

Upon arrival we received excellent information and help from the owner. The room key would not work and he quickly moved us to another room and he assisted us with directions to San Antonio for the next morning.

The room was clean and large. The bed was very comfortable. We did not use the pool but it looked ok and there was a bbq (charcoal) that could be used in the area which I wish I had known because I would have.....

The bath area was very small with the sink and counter outside of the actual room that contained the bath and toilet. I am not a fan of these but its not a big concern.

Breakfast was a typical continental type with waffles, toast, cereal, etc.

If I was travelling in the area, I would use this hotel again. With the price plus the pet rate and taxes it was well worth the stay.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Longview, Texas, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

We were only passing through and hated the thought of spending $100+, so we were very pleased to find this place. It is a small hotel with just the basics. The property seems well cared for and everything was neat and clean. If I were complaining, I could say the towels weren't thick and luxurious, there was no in-room coffee, and the breakfast bar was pretty basic. But I can't complain! The cost was so reasonable that we were very happy. The bed and bedding was comfortable, 4 pillows were provided, the air worked great, we had a great sleep, the wireless service was fine. Breakfast offerings included Texas-shaped waffles, microwaveable sausage and biscuits, bagels and cream cheese, toast and jelly, cereal, milk, juice, oatmeal, and apples (I think there were bananas earlier, but by the time we got there they were all gone). We do prefer to have eggs and bacon or sausage, and yogurt would have been nice, but once again, for the money, this place was great and we have no problems staying again next time we're in the area.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Americas Best Value Inn Buffalo? Share your experiences!