“Horrible Motel and even worse manager” 1 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Call for Best Prices!
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Buda
Nic30Nic30
“Horrible Motel and even worse manager”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2010

My and my boyfriend went to Buda for a wedding. We made our reservation at Best Value Inn we drove all the way from Dallas and when we got there we had reservations about staying but said it can't be that bad "right?". Well we pull in and pay cash and get our room key. We go to our room and the smell was just gross. It smelled like body oder mixed with mildew it was just nasty. As we looked around there were holes in the bedding, stains on the sofa, no towels, no toliet paper etc... So we go to the front desk and ask for another room. They show us to another room and it was the same way, the smell everything. We called the Hampton Inn across the freeway and they gave us a better price then what we were having to pay for this filth. So we take our stuff back to the office and ask for a refund because there was no way not even if we went to the store and bought our own linens we were staying here. The manager became very aggresive with us and told us that he would not be refunding our money. After alot of back and forth he only gave us 1/2 of our money minus the tax. Needless to say we lost money but ended up at a much nicer hotel that was just amazing and cost less. I would never recommend this motel not even for my worse enemy... Stay here at your own Risk....

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
abvibuda, Owner / Manager at Americas Best Value Inn - Buda, responded to this review, February 4, 2010
To whomever it may concern: We as hotel staff and manager strive to do our best to provide a clean, comfortable and friendly room to our guest. The current management have been running this hotel for the last 10 years and have completely changes the look, renovated and upgraded this property. We have always got high scores on our inspections and rarely received any complains. As the saying or the rule in the hospitality industry is that the customer is always right but NOT in this case. The guest is taking advantage of this rule. Now he is trying to release his anger and lost case by placing a bad review on TripAdvisor? This is totally unfair. There was no problem with any of the rooms I showed the guest. It was a problem with the guest. He just wanted his money back which I was not ready to return for unfairly criticizind me hotel rooms. I have not even been rude to the guest or anyone else. rooms. Guest is very wrong to post a review like this online with Trip Advisor and ruin by business and reputation. Anyone is most welcome and feel free to check out our rooms.
If you have any question please contact me at (512) 312-1550 - Harry / GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
LA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2008

From the moment I entered the brightly lit, well presented lobby, I could tell this was a great hotel.

The desk clerk, Angie, was very helpful, friendly and looked very presentable, even at 3:00 AM, and she had no problem finding me a downstairs room for a very reasonable price.

The room itself was very clean, looked tidy and well furnished. I had a very peaceful night, the bed was comfortable and completely bug free (unlike my last visit to Buda when I stayed at Best Western).

In the morning, my wake up call was right on time, the shower worked prefectly and at check out, the desk clerk, again, was very professional. I drove away pleased and satisfied.

This is an excellent hotel to stay at as it provides an extremely comfortable and relaxing stay at reasonable prices without compromising on the quality.

• Liked — Angie
  • Disliked — Some noise from other rooms in check in
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Corpus
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2007

I aslo had reseravtion in summer of 2006 and my reservation was not held by Mike at the Best Western Don't get the Best Value Inn mixed up with Mike's Best Western at exit #217

The other bad review belongs to Best Western and NOT Best Value Inn now called Americas Best Value Inn.

I drove 3 miles north the the Americas Best Value Inn that night and Angie was very nice to help me out with a sweat voice and a great smile.

Book in advance to get better rates specially on weekends.

Stayed February 2007
Fort Worth
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2006

Disclosure; We did not stay at this hotel. We showed up and my wife put her foot down to find another hotel,

Unfortunately, we needed to stay as closed to Buda as possible. If it were me, I would have driven back to Austin and stayed at the Omni.

We looked at the rooms - clean and tidy - but NOT worth $150 a night! (Dingy, ill furnished, poorly appointed, etc...

The lobby was - well there is no lobby to speak of.

I would consider staying at Best Value Inn - Buda - for $40 per night - but I would have to be in dire straights.

The previous night we stayed at the Omni in Austin - $130. Much more value for the money - though not cheap.

Anyway, we ended up staying at the Best Western in Buda. It killed me to pay $180, there - but it probably saved my marriage...

The biggest issue for my wife and the Best Value Inn - Buda was the fact that it was motel style - with the doors immediately accessible to the outdoor walkway. (She does not feel safe.)

Also, they only had two full sized beds available. Long and the short - try not to stay in Buda. If you HAVE too, consider the Best Western and call with plenty of advance notice to get a better rate. Also make sure you get a confirmation number, there...

Good luck - and hope your travels don't have you lodging in Buda Texas - though the surrounding area is quite nice...

• Liked — Distance to wedding
  • Disliked — Price was WAY out of wack!
  • Tips/Secrets — Avaid if at all possible
  • Stayed July 2006, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Americas Best Value Inn - Buda? Share your experiences!