“My stay at the Best Western, Buda Tx” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Inn and Suites

You added Quality Inn and Suites to your Saves list
Quality Inn and Suites
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   18658 Interstate 35 South, Buda, TX 78610 (Formerly The Southgate Inn & Suites)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Buda
kingsville texas
“My stay at the Best Western, Buda Tx”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2012

Best Western Souhgate Inn, was a very nice and clean enviornment. I was impressed with high quailty of hospitality displayed. First impressions make a difference. The rooms were clean and very well kept. and the beds slept like clouds of cotton. The grounds were were clean and displayed a serene enviornment of safety. The Best Western Southgate left a lasting impression for me and my family needs. However we were not able to visit the swimming pool, but from the other amenities of the hotel, I am convinced that the pool would have been breath taking.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
Robby P, Manager at Quality Inn and Suites, responded to this review, April 19, 2012
Dear Sir,

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

Your business is very important to us and we value your feedback. By telling us what you liked about your stay and how we can improve, you are helping us deliver a superior experience for you and other guests in the future. I'm sorry to hear you did not get to swim in the pool. It has been remodeled. We hope you will come back and see us again soon.

Thank you again for taking the time to complete the review. We appreciate your loyalty to our brand & to our property.

Robby Patel - GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Dallas, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2012

Hardly any guests in the hotel this Sat. night, but was given a room on the ground floor facing the front of the hotel where the big lights illuminating the hotel shined right into my window. The room did not look or smell fresh. The sheets were rumpled, the towels were frayed, the carpet needed a serious vacuuming. My Sunday wake-up call scheduled for 7:00am didn't come until 8:00am! Worse breakfast I have ever seen at a BW. Disgusting watery eggs and sausage. No biscuits but there WAS cream gravy that looked inedible. No pancakes or waffles. One juice was empty by 8:00am and not replenished. Only four small tables in the eating area and all were full. There is room for more tables. No one bussed the tables after people left. Trash was overflowing in the receptacle.

Also, it is very easy to miss the hotel "entrance" off the service road of the interstate and there is no way to get into it from the adjacent property. The side doors did not work with the card key. The lobby was dirty and had fingerprints up high on the glass doors and windows. The window ledges are dusty and have loose screws, etc. sitting on them. Makes you wonder when they were last cleaned. There is too much artificial flora throughout. It looks tacky as all get out!

Room Tip: Get on an upper floor.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
bwSouthgateInn, Webmaster at Quality Inn and Suites, responded to this review, March 30, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing BEST WESTERN Southgate Inn for your recent stay in our area.

• Management was approached about the possibility of better marking the entrance so that it would be easier for our valued guests.

• Breakfast staff received additional training in presenting a proper breakfast.

• Management and desk staff received additional training in seeing to it that wake up calls were sent at the proper times.

I hope that the next time you visit our area, you will once again choose to stay at BEST WESTERN Southgate Inn. We take our reviews very seriously, and I think you will be greatly pleased.

Ramat Gan, Israel
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2012

We were 3 nights in this hotel. The staff were friendly. The big broblem with this hotel is bad maintenance and poor cleaning of the public area. the breakfast was very poor and thier was'nt any staff in the breakfast room that clean and keep fulfil the food that finished. the old carpet make difficult to keep good smell in the hotel. the room was big but the air condioning was noisy.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
bwSouthgateInn, Webmaster at Quality Inn and Suites, responded to this review, March 6, 2012
Dear Guest,

• Housekeeping and maintenance received additional training in the level which they are meet in cleanliness and functioning of equipment as our employees.

• Maintenance was informed of the noisy A/C in the room assigned to you and instructed to see to any necessary repair or replacement needed.

Georgetown, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2011

On Dec 9th 2011We received horrible service from the Best Western in Buda Texas. We checked in around 5:30pm put our things in the room and then went out for dinner. While at dinner we found out that my wife's mother had been rushed to the hospital. We returned to the hotel (around 7) to collect our things and I informed the front desk we had to leave due to an emergency and asked if we could get a credit or a partial refund. The owner came out and told me that "she didn't care" and when I asked her for her name and to write it on a card she would only give me her 1st name and then proceeded to toss the card in my face. We called customer service and they said there was nothing they could do. Also our non smoking room reeked of cigarette smoke and the entire hotel had a curry smell. We were not asking for much just a little humanity. Other than dropping off our bags we didn't use the room at all. Stay away from this place.

Room Tip: Stay far form the lobby as the place stinks of curry.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
bwSouthgateInn, Webmaster at Quality Inn and Suites, responded to this review, March 5, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing BEST WESTERN Southgate Inn for your recent attempt to stay in our area. I am so sorry about your mother-in-law and sincerely hope that she is better now.

Thank you for giving us a review, it is very much appreciated. Upon receipt of your review, the following actions were taken::

• The owner received additional training in the courteous manner in which our valued guests are to be treated.

• A copy of your review was sent to the head representatives of Best Western.

We take our reviews very seriously. I hope that the next time you visit our area, you will once again choose to stay at BEST WESTERN Southgate Inn. I think you will be greatly pleased.

Baytown, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2011

I wasn't expecting much when I booked this room with short notice. I was lucky to even get a room because I was there the weekend of SXSW and there weren't many rooms still available. I was pleasantly surprised when I walked into our hotel room! The place was very clean, the furnishings were great and the bed was extremely comfortable. I will stay there again!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
Norfolk, Ne
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2011

This is an older Best Western that has minimal cleanliness. Upon entering the bathroom in our room 304 we found a wash rag from a previous guest hanging on the shower curtain rod, and a bottle of conditioner sitting on the shelf in the tub surround.
Nice large flatscreen and refirg and microwave. A/C worked. Bed had 3 really small sqaure pillows and one normal sized pilow. Bed was comfotable.
Elevator smelled like cigarette smoke, and lobby had a strong smell of spiced foods.
Breakfast was minimal, a few cooked sausage patties, and no eggs were left. Three cerals, a few danishes, some bread, milk, 3 cereals, juice, and coffee. For the price the property would be OK if housekeeping did what they should do.

Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
bwSouthgateInn, Webmaster at Quality Inn and Suites, responded to this review, September 17, 2011
Dear Guest,

• Housekeeping received additional training regarding the level of cleanliness required of them as our employees.

Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2011

I recently stayed at this best western on my last trip to Buda for 2 nights. The rooms where clean, comfortable the beds are awsome to die for slept like a baby!!. This is one of the best best westerns I have stayed in the staff was friendly and helpful.

I like most was skeptical after the negative reviews I had read here but decided to try them out, I normally stay at best westerns and found this one as good as the others if not better then the other ones I stay at.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business

Been to Quality Inn and Suites? Share your experiences!