Hubs and I went to Redneck Disney Land (Cabela's) and asked for a Tex-Mex recommendation in the area. We were told about Garcia's. Hubs and I went, with very low expectations. Boy were we surprised.
Yes, like the other reviews say, it is a small space; let's call it quaint and cozy. But if that is the "worst problem", then life is good.
I ordered fajita nachos and hubs got the carne guisada with fideo. Nothing fancy but muy deliciosos! What we were most amazed about:
1. The food was very flavorful and well-prepared. We gobbled up everything...cleaned our plates!.
2. The food was NOT greasy, which can be typical of Tex-Mex.
3. The staff were friendly, helpful, and made the dining experience enjoyable.
4. The great pricing. We both had healthy portions and dessert and it still did not add up to the prices we are used to paying in the Austin area for mediocre Tex-Mex.
5. Their menu is not typical with many selections for all us with different taste buds.
Buda is not anywhere close to where we live. If we take the toll road and there is no traffic, it would take us 35 minutes to get there...not a local place. But we would drive there again because the food and the service was that good.
This is what Tex-Mex and the restaurant industry were meant to be. Offer a great meal at a great price with friendly customer service. Garcia's did that in spades.
I highly recommend this place to all the peeps in ATX and CPTX area!!
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.