“Definitely-Comfort Sweet (Suite)” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Lewis Center, Ohio
“Definitely-Comfort Sweet (Suite)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2011

I stay in 30-40 Choice Hotels properties each year. I look for certain features in each room I stay in: lighting, cleanliness, shower quality & height of showerhead, outside view, TV size & quality, comfort of bed, ease of adjusting the AC unit, work area, high speed Internet connection, newspaper provided (USA Today, not Wall Street Journal), etc.

The Comfort Suites in Buda, TX, is the most recent Choice property that I stayed in, and it is the best of all the Choice properties I have ever stayed in. Everything was top-notch: absolutely no complaints of any kind. The lobby is in the newest style, and even the front doors are automatic, which helps a lot when a person is carrying lots of supplies and luggage. I will plan to stay in that property each time I am in the area of south Austin.

Room Tip: It's just a bit difficult to find, due to all the construction at the intersection. On the east...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Palm City, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2011

I had the misfortune of staying here this past weekend as a result of being in Buda for a wedding. The property is about a year and half old but in many ways shows the effects of not being maintained as a well run property would ie; frayed carpet spots in our room, wall scuffs not removed etc. Upon arriving at about 5pm Friday after a full travel day, we were happy to be greeted by a large banner outside touting the happy hour in progess. When we came inside to register we waited 6-7 minutes at the registration desk for the only employees (her own words) to serve to guest at the bar across the lobby (more on the bar in a minute). After unpacking in our room which was clean and adequate, we ventured down to the bar, which was empty when we got their. After waiting 5-7 minutes at the bar for the lone employee who was now talking on the phone at the registration desk, she finnaly came over and greeted us. Upon ordering a drink we were told there was in fact no Happy Hour and further she could only serve beer and wine because she didnt have the key for the liquor cabinets. We asked who did. She said the bartender who wasn't coming in. We asked for the Manager and told there was no Manager...she was the only person there. Ok.....to the Management if you read this...there were about 75 wedding guests in the Hotel Friday night..looking for the bar to open. It's wonderful that your apparently doing so well that you can choose to not open the bar you advertise very prominently outside on a banner. Revenue lost to poor mamgement. The free breakfast..just ok. Looking to check out Sunday morning we waited on the 4th floor (the top floor) fo the elevator which ran at Glacial speed under normal circumstance, but it never came after 10 minutes. We walked down and informed the 2 women at the front desk. They said "yeah we know there's a guy coming to fix it". We asked them couldn't they have gone up and put a note by the elevator stating it was not running to the 4th floor and apologize for the inconveniece. The reply was blank stares. Overall a basic budget hotel propert that is definately not managed well. My recommendation...the Holiday Inn next door....don't know if it's better...but cant be any worse.

Room Tip: To get a good room....go elsewhere
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
rickcrain, General Manager at Comfort Suites Buda, responded to this review, November 8, 2011
I would like to thank you for taking your time and giving a honest review about our facility.

My team and I are very dissapointed that we did not meet or exceed your expectations in so many different experiences with our hotel. I am happy to hear that your room was adequate and very clean upon your arrival.

I understand that our onsite Bar & Grill is a very attractive amenity for a special occasions such as a wedding. I take responsibility for it not being staffed the evening of the event.

I can assure you that I have addressed your experiences with your stay in all facets with my staff and have taken steps to correct them.

I would like the opportunity to be able to get in contact you and discuss furhter.

Best Regards,

Rick Crain

Rochester, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2011

Located just south of downtown Austin (and yet convenient to the airport) this hotel has it all. A great location to the freeway (without the noise), access to Austin in minutes, local food and drink, a great free breakfast bar and super friendly staff.

The rooms provide good wall-controlled A/C and a desk for working, strong, fast wifi, and clean rooms.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Austin, TX
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2011

My main concerns for any hotel room are: cleanliness, space, decor and comfort of the bed.
I'm not that familiar with the Comfort Suites brand, so my expectations were pretty low. I booked this hotel for a short visit, and it exceeded all my expectations in each of these areas. As it turned out, the suite I got was made for wheelchair accessibility, so the oohing and ahhing I did over the size of the bathroom probably wouldn't have happened in a average room.
The bed was very clean, the decor was chic and modern, the color scheme was warm and inviting. I really wished I could have stayed longer.
Downfall: The hotel entrance closest to my room was in the back of the hotel, where there was no close-by parking, and there's only a paved sidewalk on one side, so I had to walk through grass to get to the door. Felt awkward.
Didn't use the pool/ jacuzzi, but it looked inviting.
I'll be back to finish my stay properly...

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Amarillo, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2011 via mobile

This is an average hotel in my opinion. Decent rooms and average overall quality. I don't know, maybe my expectations are a little high, but I wasn't impressed with the part time bar and grill in lobby. I would rather have a super clean room, quiet while I'm trying to sleep, and true high-speed Internet. I didn't experience any of the three consistently. The next time I stay in Buda, I'll probably try another hotel.

• Stayed August 2011
Legue City, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2011

This new hotel is about 15 miles south of Austin off I-35. It's much cheaper than hotels in Austin, San Antonio, or New Braunfels (under $100). We used it as a base for visiting Austin and Schlitterbahn in New Braunfels. The rooms are large, we had two queen beds, with a sitting area with a couch and table, plus refrigerator and flat-screen TV. The place was very clean. The included breakfast had hot (eggs, waffels, bacon, sausage) and cold (cereal, bagels, yogurt, fruit) selections. Buda is small, but there's a Walmart, Chilis, and other restaurants. There's also a bar area in the lobby and a pool with a spa. I would highly recommend this hotel for visiting the Hill Country.

Room Tip: Rooms are all quiet - king bed rooms can connect.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
Mansfield.Tx
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2011

This was our first at Comfort Suites. My wife and daughter love it. Most impressive was Sean who check on my family and I 15-20 minutes after our arrival. The morning The morning and evening staff was most accomadating. One of your evening staff who was a young was very observance because even though she didn't know my daughter was afraid of dogs she observed my daughter hesitation to come in the lobby and warn the owner to hold on to her dog. Thant meant a lot to us. My wife loved the beds and how good the mattress felt. Only draw back the carpet could be shampoo a bit more. Love the indoor pool.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family

Been to Comfort Suites Buda? Share your experiences!