“Don't book**Rip Off” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 6 Hotels in Buda
Aledo, Texas
“Don't book**Rip Off”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2011

I booked a reservation at the Holiday Inn Express Buda. A few days prior I had to cancel. I cancelled "days" outside the cancel policy. I printed my cancellation number. Holiday Inn Buda charged me no-show anyway. After approximately 10 attempts to reach the manager of this hotel by email, fax and phone with NO RESPONSE, I contacted the main Holiday Inn offices. They responded to me that the absent manager advised I had 2 reservations. NO ONE HAS BEEN ABLE TO PROVIDE ME PROOF OF 2 RESERVATIONS nor have they even tried to do so. They basically stole from me. I, nor any company I know, can charge you without proof or receipt. I don't see how they can. AVOID THIS HOTEL. THERE ARE PLENTY NEARBY. This hotel is a rip off with no morals. After 2 months I still have not heard from this hotel's manager nor have I gotten my money back.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Jacksonville, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2011

I had a great 7 night stay here, the beds were so comfortable I couldn't wait to go to sleep at night! The hotel was clean and the staff was friendly and helpful, especially one the housekeepers who friendly smile whenever we passed her in the hall was very welcoming (I wish I knew her name so I could give her special recognition because she also did a wonderful job in our room, I believe she was working the 4th floor on 11/20). My only wish is that the coffee was offered was stronger, but then agian I'm coffee addict (Starbucks and McD's in walking distance). Overall, I would stay here again and again.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Norfolk, Ne
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2011

We were impressed with the property. The breakfast was very complete, rooms well appointed, and staff wes friendly. The new floor tiles in the bath room were very carelessly grouted, with grouth on the walls, door, and sink stand. The room could have been cleaned a little better due to the reconstruction dust, but otherwise a very good choice and good value.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2011

Well thought out...this is what a hotel room should be. First the entire hotel was sparkling clean. The rooms were spacious with great decore and high ceilings, ceiling fan so you don't need the AC unit on all night, small kitchenette and the BEST bed I have ever slept in. Must disagree with a previous reviewer re: squeaky & uncomfortable beds as ours were great and unlike him we found the hotel very quiet. The location is right off I-35 close to Austin but at half the price and also only a few miles from the San Marcos outlet mall. Great stay!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
China Spring, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2011

Nothing to look at from the outside BUTTTTTT the inside was VERY NICE. Excellent staff, wonderful breakfast, VERY clean hotel and the rooms we had were enormous WITH a ceiling fan over the bed !!!! A hot flash momma's dream !!!! small kitchenette & the BEST BED EVER. Told my husband I would be willing to pay for an extra night just to stay and SLEEP on that bed !!!!!! Ohhhh Myyyyy! Would highly recommend.

Room Tip: LARGE rooms ! Fridge, microwave, & bid bathroom !
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Burnet, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2011

I would definitely recommend staying here if you need to stay close to Austin or San Marcos. The hotel is very nice, clean, and great breakfast!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
Austin, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2011

First the good. The day staff is great. Eric and Raj at the front desk were more than courteous and professional in everything from helping us make a reservation over the phone to doing their best to ameliorate some of the problems we experienced at this property. A+ for those guys.

The property is pretty new, so everything looks great.

However, they cut some corners with this particular Holiday Inn. The noise you encounter (especially when it's full on weekends) from the hallway and, at times, adjoining rooms is uncommon for a newer facility. We had to move from a room on the first floor that was too close to the lobby because all the traffic through the lobby and in/out of the pool area kept disturbing our 2-year-old at night. The second floor room we were moved to was better, but still uncommonly noisy for a hotel of this standard.

Whoever ordered the mini-fridges made a big mistake. The fridge in the first room had to be replaced because the coils had frozen and it was no longer cool. They brought us a fridge right out of the box which was fine, but when we moved into the quieter room on the 2nd floor the fridge there also did not work and had to be replaced (with the fridge from the first room).

There were other slight annoyances like breakfast not being ready on time on Sunday morning; it was an hour late I think because someone didn’t show up for work.

Accessibility to the property is and has been an issue, as the underpass you would go under after exiting I-35 to access the hotel has been under construction for some time. You must take detours that add 3-4 minutes when accessing the facility from I-35 south or 5-6 minutes if accessing I-35 south from the hotel.

The beds in both rooms were really, really squeaky and the mattresses were unkind to our backs after several days. Probably won’t bother you if you’re staying there just 2 or 3 nights.

The check-out process took a hair under 12 minutes, which was more than annoying. We checked out at 4:45am to catch an early flight, but the desk worker must have fallen asleep in the back. It took a solid 5 minutes of me shouting to rouse him from his slumber. Then he couldn’t figure out how to check us out. He first asked us to sign the check-in form stating that we understood the hotel’s non-smoking and pet policy, which made no sense. After drawing his attention to the fact that I needed to pay and check out of the hotel, he took another 4-5 minutes figuring it all out. When you have a 6:20am flight to catch, a long check-out is the last thing you need. More training is needed for their graveyard staff (and a bell to ring when they fall asleep)

On our last visit to Buda we stayed at the Hampton Inn on the other side of the freeway. Although it is usually a bit pricier (sometimes you can snag deals), Hampton is probably the nicest hotel in Buda overall. However, the Holiday Inn has fridges and microwaves in every room while Hampton does not.

Room Tip: Get room away from lobby/pool area.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled on business

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Buda? Share your experiences!