“Average Hampton Inn” 3 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Spring, TX
“Average Hampton Inn”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

Stayed here one night while visiting Driftwood TX for wine trail, and bbq. It was a newer Hampton Inn, right off I-35. Was able to get a same-day reservation. Room was very nice and clean, but bed was awful! Stayed in room 401, and king bed had a huge low spot in the middle. Very uncomfortable to sleep. This bed needs to be replaced! Since we had arrived late, and hotel was sold out, did not report it till the morning. Clerk apologized, but did not offer anything else.

Another disappointment for us was the amount of noise we heard during the night. Doors slamming all night, and early in the morning. Could hear people talking in rooms next to us.

On the plus side, the breakfast in the morning was very nice, with great hot and cold choices.

If ever in this area again, I would likely choose to stay elsewhere.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
rickcrain, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Buda, responded to this review, February 23, 2013
I am sorry we were unable to provide you with the quality of amenities and service you deserved during your recent stay. We apologize for the issues in your room and will work with our maintenance team to ensure this does not happen again. If you return to our area, we hope you will consider staying with us again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Fontana, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

I really enjoyed staying at this hotel, and this was actually my second stay here. I stayed for a week and it was very good for the most part. This is a newer building and so it is in great shape. The only problem that I had, is that one day I came back a little earlier, because I had left early, and my room wasn't cleaned yet. The lady did come by a bit later and I had her take out the trash and replace my empty kleenex box, but I didn't want to wait for a full cleaning, which she would have done. I asked her if she was by herself cleaning and she said that she is always by herself. They have the Golf Channel, which is nice. They have a small pond/lake behind the hotel which also very nice. There are a myriad of fast food places around and a decent thai takeout place nearby. I also got a haircut at the local Great Clips, which I walked to. The Cabela's nearby is great, as I am sure all of their stores probably are, but I am not really into that sort of thing, so I was merely checking out the museum like atmosphere. I used this hotel as a springboard to my business visit to the Austin area, and it really isn't that far from downtown, so I will probably stay here from now on, because I hate the traffic assocatied with major cities.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for choosing us a second time around and staying at the Hampton Inn & Suites - Buda. We want all of our guests to have a great experience when they stay with us and we want to thank you for sharing yours with the TripAdvisor community! Glad to hear that you will be returning on your future Austin/Buda visits and we look forward to having you back.
North Carolina, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

The staff is amazing and the room was a delight!! Parking was well lit.
The front desk customer service was above and beyond. Our room was ready when we arrived. We will definitely stay there again when we head back to Austin!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Sweeny, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

My wife and I stayed two nights in January 2013 to attend a wedding. We had a King Suite. The room was large, comfortable, clean and quiet. The breakfast selection was excellent, including waffles, eggs, fruit, oatmeal, cereal, juice, coffee, yogurt and more. I would definitely recommend this hotel to friends.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Beaumont, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

My niece actually booked this hotel through Priceline.com. WARNING: Do NOT use Priceline.com for ANYTHING!! I only WISH someone would have told US that before she did it. Anywho, we arrived very late the first night. She told the guy at the desk the name her reservation was under. He asked for her credit card so he could "just verify the numbers" and told her it wouldn't be charged anything. LIE. She was suspicious after he swiped the card (twice), so she checked her bank statement and sure enough....she had been charged again for the room AND "incidentals". She went to the front desk and explained it to the staff. They went through the motions (looking at bank statements, verification from Priceline, etc....) and said they would "fix it". As of the time we left, it still wasn't fixed. BUT, we are waiting to see if they will stay on top of it and get my niece her money back. (We only checked out yesterday, so we will see) We actually had a handicap room as we were expecting my elderly mother to travel with us, so the room itself was quite large. We enjoyed the extra space. The beds were nicely made, but to be honest, I've never hurt so bad after sleeping in a hotel bed. In fact, my husband and I neither one got much sleep and our backs were NOT thanking us. So, I'm not sure what's up with the beds. The hotel itself was clean and our room had a nice smell to it. The pool was really nice. It's very quiet and in a good location. (Cabela's is in the extended parking lot and is DEFINITELY worth a trip!!) I don't know anything about the breakfast as I didn't eat any of it. The snacks they sell downstairs are pricey. ($2 for a bag of chips or a candy bar!) The first night we came in, there were fresh cookies and coffee (free), which was nice, but I never saw cookies again after that. I "lost" my Mother's Ring while I was there. The lady at the front desk asked the cleaning lady/manager person to go up and talk to whomever cleaned the room and they would let me know if they found it and whatnot. While I was standing at the front desk, the cleaning manager got on her walkie talkie and asked the front desk lady "So, are they gone yet or what??" To be honest, you could read a lot of things into that if you chose to, but either way, it was a little rude and unprofessional. So, to sum it up: The hotel is clean and quiet. The pool is nice. The rooms were nice, but not so much the beds. Some of the staff need some extra training. AND...they need to make sure they don't double charge people for stuff. Still waiting to see about that refund. 50/50 on whether I would stay there again or not.

Room Tip: Call the hotel and see about a room rate BEFORE you try a 3rd party company. The hotel's room ra...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Richmond, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

We stayed at this hotel as we had a wedding in Buda in Dec. We rented 2 rooms and had a great experience with one of them but the other was horrible. It backed up to the ice machine and it made the most horrific noise ALL NIGHT! The hotel was completely sold out so we dealt with it but told the front desk. Sorry, we can't refund your stay. Ok, fine with me. But they did offer to comp a room for future visit. Tried to do that (with Lacey) but she can't honor the date b/c it's a peak weekend for them. So, the guarantee of customer 100% satisfied was not applied to me. Won't be going back. Other than that, we had an enjoyable stay, the pool was clean and breakfast was standard. The room were comfortable and clean. Disappointed in their customer service.

Room Tip: Avoid the room by the ice machine...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
rickcrain, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Buda, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
I’m sorry we were not able to provide you with a great experience during your recent stay. Your satisfaction is very important to us and we appreciate your feedback about the ice machine noise. Your comments have helped us to improve our guest experience. Thank you for your comments.
Hawley, TX
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

This hotel is a very comfortable place to stay especially if one has business on the south side of Austin. it is located very close to I-35 and is basically across the parking lot from Cabela's. The bed was very comfortable with plenty of good pillows and the room could not have been cleaner of fresher. The hotel has fast wifi and a good selection of channels on the TV. Breakfast next monring was excellent with plenty of choices for a good hot meal and the hotel was quiet and restful. It is a great place to stay when in the area.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
rickcrain, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Buda, responded to this review, January 22, 2013
Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay with us. We are truly grateful to have hotel team members that enjoy being of service to our hotel guests and make you feel comfortable while staying with us. We know that you have many choices for hotel accommodations when staying in the Buda area and we appreciate you giving us the opportunity to host your accommodations.

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Buda? Share your experiences!