“I've recommended to friends” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
magnolia, tx
“I've recommended to friends”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2010

Two time visitor during busy A&M weekends. Were seated and served promptly and separate checks weren't a problem. Many large groups being served yet quiet enough for conversation. The chicken friend steak eaters were quite pleased as were our other diners. I hope our next visit will be the same as we will be back.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Jacksonville, Texas
“Stay Away From This Mom & Pop Operation”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2010

My usual reviews get down to the nitty gritty about eating establishments that I frequent, but this one gets my "as few words as possible" review. I've eaten here at least four times at varies times of the day, but it stays the same.......BAD.

Service....terrible....thats all I can say about it.

Food......much, much less than mediocre. Your typical greasy spoon.

Atmosphere.....nice if you wear cowboy boots....lots of beer signs, loud music, and very hard aluminum booths.........nothing comfortable about this place.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
College STation, TX
“Not very good, poor customer service, poor quality.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2009

Don't come here for a steak. Don't come here with a group of 8 or more, and don't bring infants in car seats without being cornered at the door and receiving a lecture on 'bring infants in at your own risk because they have no place for infants here'. Wow, what a welcome!

Having been a Bryan resident for over 30 years, I've watched the community grow. The Longhorn Steakhouse has been around for awhile, but more of a forgotten place tucked way back out in the North side of Bryan, and serving food that was edible, but not 5 star compared to the booming side of South Bryan and of course College Station. Their restaurant always smelled like mildew and bleach and we just gave up going there.

When we heard they moved, we thought we'd try again since we tend to be optimistic about things. They moved to a new spot in downtown Bryan with less parking, and we went with a group of 8, which consisted of family and friends.

My husband and I regularly spend hundreds of dollars a month eating out. Mostly because our business lets us take clients out for a good time on the town and we enjoy eating out on our own time as well. It would be honest to say that we have extensive experience in some of the finest (and the worst) restaurants in Texas, and we've come to learn over the years, what defines quality and service that brings customers back.

The steak ordered was a 16 oz rib-eye for $24 and it was cooked correctly, but the only seasoning was black pepper, it was not aged, it was not Angus, and it was chewy which meant it was probably an old cow. The thickness was less than an inch, and it didn't have the taste of a $24 steak.

The overall experience was not the best. After the waitstaff continued to pester our friends about where they could not place the car seat (they kept telling them to put it on the floor under the table with the baby in it), our friends opted to place it in a chair next to them and the waitress dropped the bill into the carseat at the end of the meal. Thank goodness the baby was getting a diaper change in the restroom at the moment.

The menu said that %20 gratuity would be added to parties of 10 or more, and they added it to our party of 8. So to add insult to inury, every ticket at the table paid roughly $10 to the waitress for lesser quality food. At this point, something needed to be said about the food (the forced tip was the breaking point) and though the waitress was nice, the management refused to comment and the plate was dropped and shattered in the kitchen from an upset cook.

The restaurant quality is the same as it was several years ago but in a newer setting. Sadly, we will not come back due to the fact that they are not family oriented, over priced and have no intention of doing their best to 'make it right' with the customer. I do not recommend this place. There are many more wonderful places in the area to go.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
College STation, TX
“Longhorn Steakhouse, Bryan”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2009

texas
“chicken fried chicken my fav...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2009

I now live out of town, but I always make sure I grab something to eat from the Longhorn when I'm in town. I love the chicken fried chicken, but the salads are great too. I always have a hard time deciding what to get. The chicken fried steak is good, and it's HUGE! If you get it with a baked potato, you'll be taking food home with you. The burgers are good and the steak fries are great for dipping in their cream gravy. Like I said, I have a hard time deciding what to get....it's ALL good!