“Best Tex/Mex good in Bryan área!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Jewett, Texas
“Best Tex/Mex good in Bryan área!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013 via mobile

I live 60 miles from Bryan in a small Texas town. Bryan is our closest "BIG" city, so many trips are made there. When we go, my sin is always the one that says "Casa Rod" when asked where he wants to eat.
Building is old, shabby almost in the outside. Located in a strip of older buildings in old town Bryan, one could almost see the lives of the pioneer founders in the architecture upon first glance.
We came at an off time during the week. I had the tacos, rice, and beans and my son had the tack, rice, beans, cheese enchiladas, and tamales. Everything was fantastic. The refried beans were "real" pinto beans that had been mashed and tiny pieces left where they weren't pulverized totally. They were seasoned good, little garlic taste and onion noticed. The tacos were great. Ground meat wasn't orange and greasy. Enchiladas were great as well as tamales. Sweet tea is a must. Be prepared to have leftovers. Staff was friendly, and kept drinks fresh at all times. Chips are homemade and crispy thin. Salsa is the same, not too hot but spicy enough for a kick. Definately a place to come eat many times over.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

texas
“Good, old-school Mexican restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

A big bowl of tortilla soup on a cold day really hit the spot. Good value for the lunch specials, too. My dining partner spoke highly of the carnitas and the enchiladas. Would recommend this place over another Mexican restaurant in downtown Bryan.

Visited October 2012
College Station, Texas, United States
“Mariachi Bands”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

This is a fun place to go although its very Tex-Mex - at least it's good, it's friendly and it's packed every First Friday - the bands are great and people wait outside to get a seat here.

Visited May 2012
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Best Mexican Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

I've never had a visit where I felt like I had to be rolled out from eating some of the finest Mexican food. Delicious, fast, and reasonable.

Visited August 2012
Texas
“Excellent!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

My husband and I went to Casa Rodriguez over a decade ago but have since moved away from the area. We decided on a whim to go after a recent football game. We very much prefer to patronize local establishments over large national chains. There was a line out the door, but we and everyone else were seated after only a short wait. Chips and salsa are excellent - both fresh and just the right amount of tomato/garlic/kick. I ordered the fried avocado stuffed with fajita chicken, since I'd never tried that before, and my husband had the beef fajitas. Both were great! The charro beans and rice were both very flavorful, and we appreciated that the serving sizes were realistic - not too large or too small. Also - our server was excellent. Despite the crowd, she made several visits to our table, made sure our drinks were refilled and our entrees came out quickly. We will, without a doubt, return.

• Visited September 2012