“Nice!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Christopher's World Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 146 Restaurants in Bryan
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: 1/2 mile from University Rd.
College Station, Texas, United States
“Nice!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

this is an upscale place to eat for a birthday or anniversary - quite expensive but very very good! I've been here several times for special occasions and was very impressed with the service and the food.

Lakewood, Colorado
“Fresh in From Denver, CO to this delightful place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

And what a special, special treat this was! It was last Thursday Night, Oct. 25th 2012 about 7:30pm with two other of my very good friends and Sis. In order to make an attempt at maintainig our appetite for the main course we shared as much as we could. First off, the bread was fresh and enhanced by the green olive tapenade. The crab cake was huge! Enough for the four of us to to have several bites. Another appetizer we enjoyed was a cucumber, crab meat with an avocado salsa. It was wrapped in a couple of cucumber slices and very refreshing. French onion soup and shrimp soup.....I never had shrimp soup so creamy....there was special ingredient that made our mouth water!
Finally the main course: The special was a filet stuffed with blue cheese and wrapped in bacon. Okay, I'm not saying I eat this everyday nor advocate such indulgence every day! However, it was perfect! Heated to each of our preferences and perfectly presented over scalloped potatos, asparagus and sauted mushrooms. Delicious!!!
So all that wasn't enough for us? How about the "Heaven and Hell" cake? Angel food cake layered with devil's food cake layered with...hello...peanut butter in between. My, oh my! Again we each were able to have more that a few bites each!
In summation: Malcolm, our server, was proficient in knowledge of everything from the cocktails all the way through to the desserts. He was a professional, such a rarity these days, he was an absolute delight, warm and friendly. The whole delicious meal was made even more special by his ease of serving and interacting. The wine list was diverse to accomodate most budgets and taste. I look forward to my return the Bryan/College Station and to Christopher's as my first stop once again!
Enjoy!
I proudly sign my name:
Diane Tune
Flame of the Rockies

Laredo, Texas
“Excellent Fine Dining”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

Gourmet Chef started in an old remodeled house, now expanded. Excellent fine dining with extensive menu and wine list. Great appetizers and salads. I had Osso Booko and it was delicious. Several had fish dishes and steaks and were equally pleased. Wait staff is professional and accomodating. Have eaten at Christopher's over the years and food is consistantly excellent. The older "house" area has about three rooms of 5-8 tables and is more intimate and quieter. New section is larger and noisier, but can accomodate larger tables.

New Braunfels, Texas
“Gourmet Food and Attentive Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

We dined with friends last weekend following the Texas Reds Steak and Grape Festival in Bryan. We had a great experience at Christopher's! The atmosphere was very warm and homey, and the staff friendly and attentive. And, then there was the food ... which was truly excellent! We especially enjoyed the Almond Baked Brie ... enough for two to share for an appetizer. My wife's Delmonico Steak and my Pastramied Steelhead Salmon were both perfectly prepared. We capped dinner off with a gluten free chocolate-on-chocolate cake ... again, plenty generous enough for two to share. We greatly appreciated the "no hurry" service which was just perfect for an evening of chatting with good friends. Overall, a very enjoyable experience!

Montgomery, Texas
“Excellent In Every Way!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

Even though I live away from B/CS, I have dined at Christopher's since it opened many years ago. And I can say with no hesitation, that the quality of food, level of service and atmosphere are still fresh, innovative and outstanding. I recently ate lunch there and it could not have been better. Our waiter, Dalton, was most helpful and knowledgable. The food was excellent, as always. Christopher's is on par with any upscale Houston restaurant for service, food and ambience. You will encounter exceptional service, enjoy a most delicious meal, all in a pleasant and relaxing atmosphere. They're the best and that's why they still deliver. Give them a try and ask for Dalton.