“I used to like this place.” 2 of 5 stars

LaSalle Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   120 South Main Street, Bryan, TX 77803   |
Ranked #6 of 11 Hotels in Bryan
Dallas, Texas
“I used to like this place.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

We stayed at the La Salle for a December graduation. THE SIGN AT THE FRONT DESK WARNS ABOUT THE NIGHTLY TRAINS. The suite was small but adequate, I never did figure out how to work the jacuzzi. There were no carts to get the luggage to the room, although the little girl at the front desk offered to help she only carried one load. The maid did not clean the room on day two. We had to make our own beds and go to the front desk for clean towels. Breakfast was eggs or cereal but service was beyond slow. Plan on 30 to 45 minutes on Saturdays. This hotel is on the verge of going either up or down and I'm betting it goes down.

Room Tip: Two freight trains run by the southwest corner of the building each night.
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Contemporary renovations and decor within a historic setting makes for a very comfortable environment for work and relaxing. Drawback is that it is flanked by two train tracks a block away (they supply ear plugs on request). However the rooms are spacious and quiet, there is a friendly bar with Happy Hour (Lauren is one of the best bartenders ;-) )and a delicious affordable menu and lastly free milk and cookies for a bedtime snack!

Stayed December 2014, traveled on business
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Absolutely love this hotel. I try to stay here every time I come to town for work. The bed is ridiculously comfortable....almost always sleep through the night! I love the purple color scheme too. And the bathroom is amazing. The claw foot jetted tub is the reason I keep coming back.

The only catch is it's farther away from campus than most, but the amenities and the comfort of this cute little historic hotel more than makes up for it!

Just wish there were more available dates next spring for my upcoming trips!

Room Tip: Queen suites have claw foot jetted tubs, but are on the side of the hotel closest to the train and w...
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled on business
McKinney, TX
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2014

I stayed here for business, and I really liked my stay. I booked a 2-room suite because I was with a colleague. They gave us a corner room on the top floor, and the view was great. It's a beautiful room with lots of windows. I liked that both rooms had a sink & mirror, and the bathroom was spacious. One room had a king size bed, while the smaller room had a double (or queen, maybe?). They offered freshly baked cookies from 8 to 10 p.m. and a free breakfast. I read that during the week, there is also a happy hour. It's in a great location in downtown Bryan. And they offer free wifi. And free parking, as long as you can find it. I had no trouble. The guy serving coffee and breakfast was very nice and very happy to be of service.

Only cons--really, the train sucks. I sleep very well, and it still woke up a few times. The hotel does offer free earplugs, though, so there's that. Oh, and the girl who was at the check-in was just blah. She didn't really care to smile, and she didn't seem to want to help with much.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2014

Loved my two night stay here. We chose this place to be in the historic part of town. The service was fantastic, rooms are cute and location is great. The train is near by so I downloaded a fan app on my phone to help with the noise. It stirred me as it went by but it wasn't bothersome. If you are used to a dark room like we are then you might bring a blindfold or something because there is a lot of light coming in. This place is old but that's what I liked about it. Make sure to get a cookie from the desk in the evening. They are good and free. Will stay here next time I'm in town.

• Stayed October 2014
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2014

Built in the 1900's , reading the history which is provided in every room, is very interesting. Some things are still original such as the elevator, it reminds me of watching an old movie , with the half circle at the top of elevator a clocklike dial which lights up as the elevator travels the floors.Cookies and milk are served at 8pm every evening .I find myself yes looking forward to 8 pm oddly enough, its kinda a fun thing a bit of nostalgic. Speaking of food , delicious , i like the La Sale salad with added chicken, the basil tomato soup. the chocolate pecan pie, makes a great dinner , the staff will bring it up to your room upon request. Personally I always tip for this service plus i send a tip for the chef . However that's a personal choice .Cable always works and has many channels. Hotel in middle of old downtown Bryan . If antiques is your thing , great shopping for you . Yes there is a train but i like the sound feels homey . Parking is on the street this is true, however hotel is near Bryan police station . Police cars patrol often

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business

Been to LaSalle Hotel? Share your experiences!