“Amazing game day weekend stay” 5 of 5 stars

The Villa at Messina Hof
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   4545 Old Reliance Road, Bryan, TX 77808   |
Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Bryan
Bremerton, Washington
“Amazing game day weekend stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

We stayed here with some friends as a first trip back to Aggieland in nearly 4 years. All that was missing from the stay was a shuttle from the Villa to campus - management should REALLY consider adding this for game day weekends. If they had a shuttle we would have had more than a glass of wine in the new (to us) tasting room and then gone to catch up with friends at tailgates before the game. As Aggies, we have a special spot for Messina Hoff wines, the restaurant, and the winery itself. Relaxing stay in the Villa. Fun conversation with the other guests over a filling breakfast the next morning. Book early if you plan to stay over graduation, parent's weekend, game day, or other TAMU events. Seriously though, get a shuttle to be included in the cost of a room at the Villa and offer it for guests of the restaurant or tasting room at a charge on game day/graduation weekends.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

This is a family owned business that love what they do. Their passion comes across in their winery. They truly want you to enjoy your experience.

My friend and I can for the day and had a great time. We went on a tour and ate at the restaurant and had a blast! I would suggest the tour to all wine newbies. It gives you a chance to try different wines and get an idea of what types you like.

I would highly recommend this to anyone! It's a great escape from the city; really gives you a chance to breath, relax and drink great wine ;)

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Breckenridge, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

This was my first ever Murder Mystery Dinner and the event was great! The staff was very friendly and helpful, as they coached me and my guests through the evening. The food and wine were exceptional! I had been to Messina Hoff for lunch before, but this dinner was a showcase of culinary delights! I couldn't believe the turnout of guests that dressed in costumes and played their roles to the hilt! I will definitely attend more events.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Bryan, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

My husband and I travel for pleasure at least 3-5 times a year. Me for business 10-15 times a year. The first phone call I made to the Villa's @ Messina Hof was answered by Emily. She listened to what I wanted and then suggested rooms that would meet my requests. The only time I had to call her again is when I needed to make a correction. I received a confirmation email from them when the rooms were booked and then follow up email's related to activities going on at the Vineyard and the Villa's.

I booked two rooms at the Villa to surprise my Sister for a big yr birthday celebration! Upon arrival I met with Jean who gave us the lay of the land and keys to both rooms so we could have her birthday gifts, flowers, balloons, wine, etc waiting for her arrival. Jean saw to every need or question that I or my husband raised, she is an great lady!

We were able to do the wine tour with the wonderfully animated Michael who was soo much fun. This was my 10+ time of doing the tour but my sister and my husband's first time and they enjoyed it immensely.

We had the Thomas Jefferson room & The Venus room. I put my sister and her boyfriend in the Thomas Jefferson room as it has the greatest view of the pond, waterfall and the vineyards!

The Venus is a lovely room but the view is that of the parking lot, but the balcony is still equally inviting for a sipping your wine late a night (excellent breeze to in the am for sipping your Mimosa!)

We had a lovely breakfast and even visited with Mr & Mrs. Bonariggo (the owners of Messina Hof) while we ate. Mrs. Bonariggo is a lovely lady and her husband is an outstanding gentleman.

We live in B/CS and this was our first stay at the Villa's @ Messina Hof. As I previously stated I go there frequently with girlfriends and business associates but we will make it a point from this year forward to stay at least one every other year for a birthday celebration.

We vacation 28-40 days a year and are 5 years out from full retirement!

Room Tip: Thomas Jefferson best view. Venus exact layout but no view except parking lot. Both rooms are on opp...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Magnolia, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2012

We have been all over the world but this is one of our favorite places to go ... and it's only an hour from our home! Messina Hof Winery is such a beautiful place to visit and unwind. There is so much to see and do here. It's not far from Texas A&M University and the George Bush Presidential Library. The grounds are simply stunning. Take a romantic stroll through the vineyards, sit and enjoy fabulous Texas wines in the tasting room, go on a tour of the winery, eat lunch/dinner at the wonderful restaurant. There is always something exciting going on here. Check out their web site at www.messinahof.com for their schedule of events. Be sure to visit on harvest weekends in August of each year. It's a great time and lots of fun. Paul and Merrill Bonarrigo are the wonderful owners of Messina Hof, and they are often walking around the grounds greeting their guests.

The Villa is a real treat. Each of the 11 rooms is beautifully decorated. We stayed in the Thomas Jefferson room which was huge! Had a nice balcony overlooking the vineyards. It was so peaceful, especially in the quiet of the morning. Along with our room we also received chocolates, wine and cheese, and a free tour of the vineyard. In the morning we had a complimentary champagne breakfast buffet for The Villa guests. The innkeeper made a casserole that was out of this world!

I can't say enough about this place. It's a well-kept secret in the heart of Texas.

Room Tip: Book early especially during the spring/summer. The Villa is very popular and fills up quickly!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Dallas, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2012

This is a very pretty B&B in Bryan, Texas, which is not known for pretty hotels. Our room, the Thomas Jefferson room was large and nice. The wine/cheese sampler was also nice. The wines are good for Texas wines. We stayed here for our daughter's graduation from A&M, and it was not very convenient to get to the school. And, getting in touch with them to make a change in our reservation was very difficult through the Hotels.com and calling them. However, if visiting in the area, it is the most unique hotel and would be fun for a night out.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2012 via mobile

We stayed at Messina Hof for my fiance's birthday and truly enjoyed our stay! Our stay included a free tour of the vineyard and a wine and cheese social for the nights we were there, both of which were wonderful. Chocolate night is on Wednesday nights and that was so neat! For $10 you get a few things coated in chocolate and three wines paired along with the food. The included breakfast was amaaaaaazing and we really enjoyed that. We stayed in the D'Artagnon suite and the furniture was gorgeous. I opted to do the VIP membership which I would not have done in hindsight as they called me two months later saying it had expired, but overall it was an enjoyable trip that I would recommend for a low key trip.

• Stayed February 2012

Been to The Villa at Messina Hof? Share your experiences!