“Better than Christopher's” 5 of 5 stars

979-846-5913
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
La Riviera Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #16 of 146 Restaurants in Bryan
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: North Avenue
Transit: Yes. stops right in the parking lot.
Bryan, Texas
“Better than Christopher's”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014

This is our go to place. It's fine dining and reasonably priced. There are lots of options on the menu. I always get the Strawberry & Brie Salad. Of all the entrees we've had, we've never been disappointed. We always get the Tres Leches for dessert. The service is usually slow but the food is worth it.

Gause, TX
“Great Meal”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2014

My wife, mother and I ate dinner at LaRiviera last night and it was quite good, but not enough for me to give it 5 stars. The food was great and the waitress did a very good job. It took us 1 1/2hrs to eat our meal though. The place was about empty when we got there and about ¾ full by the time we got our meal. The waitresses were really moving it, but it appeared that the kitchen was the hold up. I read other reviews about the slow service here and one would think the management would fix the problem, whatever it is.

But, all in all, it was a great meal. Since we were not in a hurry, the time did not bother us, but we all realized it was taking longer than the normal restaurant. The decor was fine, but nothing special. White linen table cloths. Comfortable atmosphere. Plenty of parking. The menu is well rounded and priced right. I had a 10 oz ribeye steak for $21. Serving sizes are average, but quite sufficient. We had desserts and they were very good. Cost $70 for the three of us plus tip, so it was quite reasonable for a more upscale venue. Very good value I think.

I do recommend La Riviera and I will also be going back, but don't go there if you are in a time crunch because they simply do not get the food out of the kitchen in a timely manner.

• Visited June 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
louisiana
“Fairly good nice restaurant”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2014

More formal dining experence in Bryan with tablecloths, cloth napkins, and waiters in uniform. The service was good, food including appetizers was fair, and we had to wait 20 minutes on our reservation. Customers were dressed in everything from shorts and tee shirts to jackets and dresses. Would not be real excited to make a return visit.

• Visited April 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Bryan, Texas
“good food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

IT is an elegant place to eat or take friends and family out to eat The times I have eaten there it has been great good steaks, salads and yummy deserts as well and the atmosphere is great too.

Visited October 2013
Texas
1,421 helpful votes 1,421 helpful votes
“Another Nice Dining Experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2014

Rather than go to our usual Friday night haunt, we decided to go to La Riviera for dinner. It was a pleasing dining experience. My wife had a Caprese salad followed by the shrimp risotto, and I had a Caesar salad followed by the Lone Star steak. The food was prepared as requested and the service was attentive. This restaurant had a good wine selection, with several excellent ones served by the glass. I would be inclined to return to this restaurant.

• Visited February 2014