“The Service” 1 of 5 stars

Description: Tex-Mex
Odessa, Texas
“The Service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

Seems like the few times that i have eaten there the SERVICE gets worse. Last weekend my wife and i thought lets go to Gomez . When we sat down no drinks no nothing for about 15 mins .There was a couple that came in behind us Apparently they knew the waitress and got instant service . Now it wasnt just us , there were other people there before us . She finally brought us some chips with no salsa , no drinks . The other people waiting finally did get some service . Well it was time for us to just walk out. Will not be back .

• Visited September 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

“Failing generation of once a fine family business”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

I have loved this place since1981, but returning to brownwood I have been so disappointed just about 1/2 the time we've gone! It's so hit n miss with the quality of food, where as before, years ago that is, I was always very pleased with whatever I ordered! Sad sad day when you see Mrs Gomez and wonder what happened! She's still there, but depending on her kids and family to carry on the tradition. And they don't do justice to her awesome recipes! I guess everything DOES change:(

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
San Antonio, Texas
“Staff needs training!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

I was raised in Brownwood so Gomez's is the place I always visit when going there. Things have changed. I was there two weeks ago. The servers bickered almost continually with each other. Not just in the same room but from one room into the next. Our server was an older lady who did her best not to say anything that she didn't have to. Not even a "hello". She dropped our menus in front of us without saying a word. That could be considered a good thing considering that she did the same with our food when it came so we were prepared for it! We did have one good server. The man who came around and offered drinks was polite and efficent. The service was without a doubt the worst I've ever had. HOWEVER, those fried tomatoes are still so delicious I know I'll go back. Screw the servers....I want those tomatoes!!

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Odessa, Texas
“Terrible! Should close down soon”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

I have been going to Brownwood everyother weekend for 4 months. This is the worst place I had tried to eat. It has awful decor and was about 78 degrees F. They did not have half of the drinks on the menu. The waitress struggled to pay attention to us while standing at our table. The cooks and waitstaff joked and talked personal life very loudly where my kids were asking what they were talking about. The food was edible at best. I would rather go to Del Taco down the street for mexican food and I hate Del Taco.

• Visited June 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Lake Brownwood, TX
“SUPER disappointing”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

When the lady at the register asked how everything was, all I could do is look at her blankly. The service was hideous - I asked for an item 3 times and still never got it, the food was mediocre at best, it may be authentic, but authentic what I couldn't tell you. After moving from Dallas, we were excited at the thought of a good Mexican restaurant, but this one wasn't it. The atmosphere at Gomez' makes you feel as if you were in a cave, and this is one place we will never go to again. Mi Familia is 100% better than Gomez.

• Visited March 2013