“*** Excellent Staff ***” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Brownwood
Certificate of Excellence 2014
“*** Excellent Staff ***”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2011

The Staff was helpful, friendly, and excellent on providing us with what we needed to accomplish our mission. The rooms are quite comfortable, and were freshened up everyday (quickly). As one of the many members of Taskforce 61 (wildland fire fighters) I would like to thank all the staff for their abilities to perform above and beyond the typical Hotel Staff.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Fort Worth, Texas, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2011

I recently stayed at the Holiday Inn Express in Brownwood for my best friends wedding. I have to say not only did we get a great group rate, the hotel was a pleasure to work with during the entire experience. Our rooms were rather large, maybe a semi suite with a king bed and pull out sofa. We also utilized the meeting space to get ready for the wedding. It was very comfy and met our needs perfectly. Most of all the GM went above and beyond to make our experience great. She was so sweet and even decorated the newlyweds room with beautiful rose pedals etc. I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with friends
Dallas, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2011

We stayed one night and wouldn't advise anyone to go there. We got no rest as we were on the first floor and had to listen to loud noises upstairs until around 2:00 PM. The girl at the desk was rude, Stephanie, and not attentive to one's needs and stayed on her computer most of the time.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
StaySmartwHIE_BWDTX, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Brownwood, responded to this review, November 23, 2011
As the Director of Sales, I would like to say thank you for your honest review. I am terribly sorry to hear that you had such an unpleasant stay at our hotel. Noise issues, though rare, do occur, and it is very unfortunate that your stay with us was influenced by this. Our staff is always growing and evolving, and we are constantly looking for ways to improve our guests' stay.

We would like to invite you back to our property to thoroughly impress you with our services and our staff. It would be our pleasure to serve you again if you're ever through the area, to prove our dedication to quality and excellence.

Michael Bradford,
Director of Sales
HIE Brownwood
Smithville, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2010

Normal holiday inn, bathroom needs some attention. But I have to say the bed was extremely comfortable or I was really tired and slept all night long. I never do that. So was impressed with that.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2009

Room was very clean, great service. Bed was very comfortable. I would recommend this as the best hotel in Brownwood, I have stayed before and I have always had a very positive experience each time. The breakfast bar had a great selection and was kept clean and stocked. This was a great stay.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2008

I called in about 3 weeks prior to my arrivial. I was advised that they had only one room, a double smoking at a rate of $ 102.00 per night. As a non smoker not wanting to sleep in my car, I accepted. Once I arrived and checked in, I was asked to sign on a couple of forms and show my drivers license and credit card. I had a friend ask for me to check if they had any more rooms available. I asked and they said that they had 1 at $ 103.00 per night. I told him and he later said that he got the room for $ 90.00.
I went to the counter and asked the girl why I was told the diffrent price, and she blew me off. I asked her what the rate for my room was again and she told me it was 103.95 per night, and that was one of the forms that I had signed. I told her what I was quoted and gave her my confirmation number, she said that "the person that I talked to did not know what they were talking about". I told her that it was her that I had spoke to on the phone, her response.... "I do not know what I was talking about". She then blew me off again. I went up to my room, the T.V. remote did not work. I went to the front desk again, she gave me new battries. The remote still did not work. I went back to her, she gave me a book on how to program the remote. I guess it is a self service place? I gave her the book back. I did not pay $ 103.95 to program a remote. The best thing about the stay was it had A/C and the breakfeast was pretty good too. Next time however, I will stay at Days Inn, where I was told it was 55-60 bucks a night.

• Liked — Breakfeast and A/C
  • Disliked — price change, t.v. remote did not work
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2008

We walked into this hotel with no reservations after leaving the HORRIBLE Days Inn down the street. The desk clerk greeted us warmly, was friendly, and very helpful. The property is relatively new and very nice. The hotel decor was excellent for the price. Our room was large, very clean, smelled very nice, and was cool and comfortable despite the outside temperature of 103 degrees.
I would definitely recommend this hotel for anyone!!

• Liked — The value for the price.
  • Disliked — Nothing! Welllll......maybe the warmed frozen scrambled eggs?
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Holiday Inn Express Brownwood? Share your experiences!