“Nice with complications!!” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Brownfield
Beverly Hills, Florida
“Nice with complications!!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013 via mobile

We checked in kind of late. The clerk quoted me a price and I told her that was a lot higher than the Tripadvisor web site said. She asked to see the price and I showed her on my phone. She tried to call the manager and could not reach her. So, she agreed to give me the higher end of the range on the page. I initialled a rate quote and she authorized my credit card. We went in for the night. The room was very nice, very clean and had good wifi reception. We had breakfast in the morning which was also very good. Then I went to check out and another woman was on duty. She told me that the manager said for her to tell me they could not honor the rate the lady gave me last night. She was going to raise it $30. I told her they already had honored it and I would not have stayed at the higher rate. She asked me to give her a printed copy of the web rate. I told her it was on my phone and I could not print it. She asked me to pull it up on her computer. So I did. She looked at it and told me it was wrong and they could not honor it. I told her I was not paying any more. She tried to call the manager several times and could not get her to answer, so she finally gave me copy of the original bill and told me to just go on. I hope the first lady does not get in any kind of trouble as she was very nice. The lady this morning was kind of cranky about it but I understand she was put in the middle of something she had nothing do with.

• Stayed February 2013
Nisha P, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Caprock Inn, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
Thank you for your stay at the hotel we are working on upgrading this property

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Flint Hills, Kansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

The price was a little higher than the quality of the hotel deserved but the oil field action is probably driving that. The room was a bit worn and had a musty smell to it. It was clean, but the best part was the hot breakfast. They had sausage and gravy, real omelets, and great bacon and link sausage along with all the other continental style things.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you and are going to replace carpets
Austin, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

As we have traveled back and forth to New Mexico and Colorado, we have stayed at this motel a number of times as it was the only one in Brownfield where we felt comfortable. However, a couple of years ago, we stayed there and the price was high for the accommodations, and it was a little run-down. A new Holiday Inn Express was under construction across the highway, and evidently that prompted updating, and the updates are very nice. The ability to park right outside our room makes unloading and loading convenient. The breakfast has always been very good with eggs, sausage, bacon, and my favorite--biscuits and gravy. There is also an assortment of cereals and fruit. The price was more reasonable, this time, especially considering all the updates. We will definitely be staying here on future trips.

Room Tip: We stayed in the one-story unit on the west side.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Nisha P, Manager at BEST WESTERN Caprock Inn, responded to this review, December 28, 2012
Thank you this incourages us to work harder and continue improving the property
Clifton
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

We stayed in an updated section of the motel. Very comfortable room. Beds good. Bath was great. I loved the instant hot water and the pressure in the shower.

A little too costly compared to other BW;s. Guess you can get what you want if the next town is half way to China.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Nisha P, Manager at BEST WESTERN Caprock Inn, responded to this review, December 6, 2012
Thank you for complimenting on our rooms and apologies for the price being high,this being due to all the oil activity in the area. We hope to see again and will try to make it up for you.
Mesa, Arizona
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2012

Old hotel (motel). The bed covering was dirty, the bed looked like it was made up by a 12 year old. The shower was pulling out of the wall. But most distressing was the large number of flies in the room. There must have been 2 dozen, we could not find anyway to get rid of them all. When I mentioned it to the desk clerk she just acknowledged the problem and said there was nothing they could do about it. We would not stay here again at any cost, and this was one of the more expensive Best Westerns we stayed at.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Taos, New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2012

We travel a lot and have stayed at a lot of hotel/motels and for cleanliness along with value of this motel is really good. They allowed pets to stay for a nominal $10 additional for the night which is important to us. The desk service was helpful and friendly although we first were given a room that hadn't been serviced - but no problem as they got us another room right away. The room was nicely updated with a granite counter and also granite in the bath area. The beds were comfortable and the TV was a new flat screen with many channels available. Refrigerator, microwave, and coffee pot were all new. We left before breakfast, so no review for that. We will stay here again (without checking out other motels) when we travel through Brounfield again!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your comments , this gives us incouragement yo continue improving the property for our guests
Van Horn, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2011

Stayed at this hotel for a few months. Rooms are average and great mad service. The manager however is a royal *#$%. Accused me of not getting room service due to the color of my maid :(. Very sad..............I would NEVER stay at this hotel! Across the road at the Hilton would be the place you need to go!

Room Tip: Do not stay at the place.
  • Stayed December 2010, traveled on business

Been to BEST WESTERN Caprock Inn? Share your experiences!