“sweet employees - nasty managment” 1 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Brownfield
Midland, Texas
“sweet employees - nasty managment”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2011

at check in i was greeting great at night when i called to ask for web username password and to get ideas for restaurants, the over night clerk spoke and treated me with respect. the morning on another hand, after having problems with our bill i ask to speak with ramila patel whom on the business cards say in the manager, she was not there. it was then that Judy patel the actual on site manager spoke to us. very rude and what i got out of our stay and here say from other guest, wants the employees to treat the guest like crap. i pray these girls i spoke to find a better place of employment soon. never will i stay at this hotel again nor the budget inn which they also run. before posting this i spoke to an associate of mine who happens to be a regular there, says the managers are a couple who pay their employees next to nothing. so Patel's be grateful and stop being so darn petty!

Room Tip: any room will do they aren't any different from one another the wheelchair access rooms are chea...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
holidayinnexpressbro, Webmaster at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Brownfield, responded to this review, August 17, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thanks for staying at the Holiday Inn, Brownfield.

We have observed your review and sorry for the inconvenience.

We have investigated the entire episode and rather than giving any explanations, have taken steps to avoid any such lapse from our hotel staff.

We sat with them and enrolled them about the importance of professional hospitality.

In light of this and the current hotel staff guest relations, you should consider giving a chance to prove ourselves.

Hotel Manager.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Fort Worth, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2011

We were in town last week for the funeral of my mother and stayed at the Holiday Inn Express for 3 days. Although the staff was rude, the rooms were comfortable and the hotel is very new. On the third day, one hour before check out the manager pounded on our door and started accusing us of having an pet in our room and said she was charging us and additional $250 for the unauthorized pet. In total astonishment we invited her into the room to see that there was clearly no pet. She stood there arguing with us for 15 minutes saying a housekeeper told her she heard a dog barking in our room on the first day we stayed there. We asked to speak with the housekeeper, but she was conveniently off that day. This General Manager basically stood there and belligerently called us liars and insisted that we would be charged the $250 fee even though she could clearly see there wasn't any dog! On top of that madness, I later discovered via our internet banking that we were charged an additional $30 that was not disclosed on the final bill or by front desk clerk at check out even though I specifically asked the clerk if anything else was being charged. I still have not gotten a straight answer from these people of what that charge was! Did I mention they knew we were in town for my mother's funeral and STILL treated us horribly? I was so angry I was shaking when I left this place! The General Manager name is Ramila Patel and is also the owner's wife...not surprising.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Dear Valued Guest,

Thanks for staying at the Holiday Inn Express.

We went through your review and sorry for the inconvenience that too when you were to attend your mother’s funeral. Our apologies for the pet related misunderstanding.

We have taken this as a serious issue and enrolled each and every member of the hotel staff.

We have a new team of professional hotel staff and you would never have such an experience.

Please do reconsider your decision.

Fort Worth, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2011

Stayed there for my mother-in-law's funeral. We arrived to a cold welcome from the front counter staff to say the least. The room was adequate but it was never once serviced!!!!!!! When we went to the front counter to ask to have the room serviced we were told that the cleaning staff had already been sent home and that if we really needed it we could grab ourselves some fresh towels. That being said...we had a busy weekend due to family obligations... upon check out we were to be charged an ADDITIONAL 250.00 as they insisted they "heard" a dog in our room????? We had no dog and were called "liars" by Ramillia Patel. I told her she had to prove to me or find some evidence that we had a dog... she said the maid heard it. I asked to speak with the maid... but of course, she was not there. These "Patels" are crooks... DO NOT STAY HERE!!! My wife is going to contact someone up in the Holiday Inn organizatoin to report these people.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
holidayinnexpressbro, Webmaster at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Brownfield, responded to this review, June 3, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thanks for your comments. I’m sorry that there was some kind of misunderstanding involving your room which I’m sure was quickly and correctly resolved. These comments were several years ago, however, and we have made many changes in staffing and policies. Future guests can be certain that there will not be any issues in this regard and can be sure that this reported incident isn’t an indication of how we do business.

Austin, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2011

I stayed here for 3 weeks on a business trip. The hotel is clean, housekeeping was very nice, the staff were polite and the pool and hot tub were always clean.
I recommended it.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
DeSoto, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2011

There are a few Hotels’ in the city, but the Holiday Inn Express is the best by far. If you want a nice, comfortable stay, I highly recommend Brownfield’s- Holiday Inn Express. The rooms are huge and very clean. I slept in and did not have a chance to get breakfast, but I am sure the complementary breakfast would have been great. The area only has a few restaurants’ (McDonalds, Sonic, Pizza Inn, Subway and Kentucky). I’ve tried all of them and they were below average. So you may want to pack lunches if you plan to stay in the Holiday Inn since each room is equipped with a mini fridge and microwave.

Best of Luck

• Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
Lufkin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2011

I used to live in Brownfield area and moved to Houston area, when we visit I cringe at the thought of having to stay anywhere other than with family. The hotel selections in this area are remeniscent of the Bates Hotel =) Yet at the Holiday Inn my family and I were PLEASANTLY surprised!!! Once you walk into the lobby of the hotel it's almost like you're transported in time!! The entire hotel is very modern and clean and well worth the price. After the long 10-12 hour drive the beds were like laying on clouds!!! I'm excited to return and visit with familly now, knowing that there is a nice place to stay.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Brownfield, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2011

I travel all over the world, and always stay at the Holiday Inn, and have been really pleased up until this stay, this one in Brownfield Texas obviously is NOT family oriented and did NOT have one bit of good customer service!!! I spoke to the manager of a problem I had and she told me that I was more than welcome to cancle my stay and book a room across the street! REALLY!! My children were sooo uncomfortable and did not want to stay.....needless to say even go down to eat breakfast the next morning. They felt like they had to walk on egg shells..........I will consider my next stay to be across the street next time, maybe we will be greeted with kindness and felt welcomed and appreciate my business........

• Stayed April 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying at the Holiday Inn during your recent visit to our area.

We thank you for your review and regret the incidence and our apologies howsoever.

At the same time we apologize on behalf of the concerned hotel staff for any unruly behavior
and assure that it will never happen again.

We have given additional training to the hotel staff and reception managers to ensure that their requests are promptly taken care of and they always feel welcome and wanted.

We take our reviews very seriously, and I think you will appreciate it.

During your next visit to our place please consider our hotel once again and experience a new hospitality.

Hotel Manager.

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Brownfield? Share your experiences!