“Beware!” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Bridgeport
Kingwood, Texas
“Beware!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2013

I can't address the comments regarding the condition or cleanliness of the hotel because when I went to check in, the desk clerk could not find my reservation and the hotel was all booked up. So I had to find a room at another hotel. Nevertheless, the hotel charged my credit card for the room. What I would like to warn potential customers about is what appears to be a total lack of integrity of the hotel management and poor customer service from the Choice Hotel company. For almost 6 weeks now I have been trying to get the hotel to credit my account for their error. During this entire time I have not been able to reach a manager or to have a manager return my calls. I have called in the morning, midday and evening in hopes of reaching a manager. No matter when I call, there is no manager on duty and the desk clerk cannot issue credits. I have left messages with the receptionists to have a manager call - but have not received any calls. I have called Choice Hotels to get help with this - don't bother - it is a waste of time. They will listen to you and file complaints - but apparently have no control over individual hotels as elevating my complaint has not made a difference.

If you choose to stay at this hotel, I hope your stay is enjoyable. But if you have problems with your stay, I wish you good luck on getting resolution. I personally have no desire to ever stay at a Choice brand hotel.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Ravi M, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, February 3, 2014
Kingwood Traveler,

Thank you for your honest feedback. As a new management team we are trying to address all issues that have arose from previous management.

Please accept my apologies for the inconvenience you have encountered with your billing. Let me assure you that the concerns you have expressed are getting my full attention.

Please do not hesitate to contact me directly should you have any other questions or concerns.

Couples
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Cowgill, Missouri
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

The night I arrived I stopped by the front desk and stood there for a good while, after no one came I finally said loudly "Is anyone here", then they came to the desk. After settling in my room for the night to watch TV, it had green lines running through it.

The next morning I go down for breakfast a half hour to 45 mins., before it was suppose to be over and there was NOTHING hot left to eat. This hotel had a group of truckers staying there that had been there for some time. I didn't understand why they hadn't allowed enough food for ALL of their guest. I had to make a trip to McDonalds to get something hot to eat.

This hotel is new as far as the outside looks, but lacks on the inside. I was VERY disappointed
that they didn't have a workout facility in the hotel.

I was told by the manager at the time that my points I had used would be refunded as well as enough points for another free night. I'M STILL WAITING ON MY SECOND FREE NIGHT!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Mrs. Lyndie,

Please accept my apologies for the inconvenience you have experienced with your TV and our daily hot breakfast buffet . Let me assure you that the concerns you have expressed are getting my full attention.

Fax 940-683-4345

Travelers are raving about these Bridgeport hotels

Yukon, Oklahoma
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

This particular hotel is hurting the brand name of the hotel. The employees of the hotel are very nice and helpful but the property continues to deteriorate. They fail to maintain the high standards of the brand. The hotel is not as clean as it should be and shady characters go in and out which makes me suspect of some of the activity going on there. I can not recommend this hotel to other travelers.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
William, J,

Thank you for your honest feedback. I'm glad to hear that the staff is doing a great job.

As a new management team we are trying to address all issues that have arose from previous management. Let me assure you that the concerns you have expressed are getting my full attention.

Sulphur Springs, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

We are a group of truckers that have been staying in the hotel for a little over a month. They offered us a great rate. They have superior service at this hotel! Starting with the room, they are all suites so space is incredible, beds are to die for! Breakfast is the best i've had, they even set it out earlier for us! Happy hour in the evening is the best. Pool is not heated but with this temperature it's perfect! Hotel and employees are really accommodating. Thank you so much for all that you do to take care of our group.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Jesse, G,

Thank you for your candid feedback and exciting review. I'm glad to hear that our entire staff accomodated you during your stay and that we continue to exceed your expectations.

In meantime, if there is anything we can do to help faciliate your next stay, please feel free to contact us directly.

Sarasota, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

This was an outstanding hotel, great room, great breakfast and decent location but there was one problem no internet. How can a classy place trying to attract business men have no internet. I had unpacked and then switched on my laptop, nothing. Reception said she would reset, I removed firewalls, reset my wifi everything to try and connect, nothing, so off to McDonalds for me, I would have not checked on if I had known. One of the staff at McD said she used to work at the hotel and they always are without internet. Apart from that any family, couple will have a great stay, just no internet !!!

Room Tip: No internet
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Silverton, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

We spent 3 months here so I want to break down some of the stuff.

The room itself was pretty comfortable, it was spacious enough for two, they also have a fold out bed in the couch that's pretty comfortable. They have a big desk that can fit a computer and we were able to have a little two burner hot plate at the end of it so I could do some cooking. The microwave works ok, and they have a small refrigerator but it doesn't hold much. The bathroom is decent, they had a nice tub that was clean and in good condition so showers and baths were good. The water pressure is good and the hot water is decent. The toilet was loose so when you sit down on it, it rocks a little and you have to hold the handle down to get a good flush but it flushes well. There's ample space to place your toiletry items because there's decent counter space. They provide you with plenty of toilet paper, shampoo, soap etc... and the towels are thick and soft (not thin and full of holes like a lot of places we've stayed in). They do have a coffee maker in the bathroom as well with plenty of select coffee (Regular and decaf).

The morning breakfast is pretty good, they actually have real scrambled eggs, and usually bacon or sausage along with pastries and waffles, biscuits and gravy, sometimes there is some fresh fruit, cereal and milk. The coffee is pretty good but depending on who is working it can sometimes not be very hot so you may have to heat it in the microwave. Stay away from the patty sausage, it usually has bones in it and can break a tooth if your not careful.

The pool looks nice, I never used it, but from what I understand they don't have it heated so it's ice cold. They supposedly have a hot tub, but it has never worked the whole time we were here and from reading past reviews, it hasn't been up and running for quite a while. I think the last I heard, they were going to take it out completely.

The staff is very friendly and are willing to accommodate you in any way they can. All you have to do is let them know if you have an issue and they will do what they can to make your stay more comfortable within their control. The cleaning staff are very good and do a great job of cleaning and are friendly.

Maintenance is not terribly great, there are almost no laundry facilities that work for regular customers, but you can ask at the front desk about using their staff laundry after 3 pm, they can usually let you use their facilities for no charge if you need to do a load.

One perk about this place is that Monday thru Thursday they have free beer on tap in the rec room located next to the lobby between 7 and 9 pm. They also have a pool table that you can play free pool on at any time except when they have private parties which isn't often.

Over all, there was enough good things about this place that made our stay worth while, the staff made a huge difference, I would definitely stay here again if we happen to pass this way again.

Room Tip: Room 312 and 313 are more spacious.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013 via mobile

The main reason we decided to stay at this hotel is the indoor pool but we found out it's not even heated! The kids were so disappointed to find the water too cold to swim. Our room was clean (we thought) until we saw the bath mat...it had disgusting stains on it. About 9:30 p.m., the doors to the closet fell in, causing a huge crash. We got a call from the front desk saying the room next to us was complaining about the noise. Can you say, "ticked off"?!?!??

• Stayed March 2013

Been to Comfort Suites? Share your experiences!