“Since renovations completed, the motel offers many unexpected upgrades.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Coach Light Inn Brenham

Special Price
10% off room
Ranked #3 of 10 hotels in Brenham
san antonio, tx
“Since renovations completed, the motel offers many unexpected upgrades.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2009

I have stayed at this motel 1-2 times per year for the last five years. The owners are very pleasant and always willing to provide detailed directions to their recommended restaurants and tourist sites. With the recently completed renovations, the rooms are quite attractive with new carpets, stainless steel refrigerator, freezer, and microwave, coffee maker, up-graded sundries, and comfortable beds. Flat panel TVs and free wireless access are also available in all rooms. Simple continental breakfasts are offered with juice, coffee, pastries, yogurt, toast and cereal. I have found the rates reasonable in comparison to its competitors. I have never had a problem with the appearance of the neighborhood or a concern about safety.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business

88 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Humble
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2009

Rented 5 rooms for daughter's college graduation ceremonies. Recently remodeled and very clean. Owners were very helpful. Large rooms and conveniently located to all areas of Brenham.

• Stayed May 2009
Dallas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2009

The good points: OK, let me think... well the room wasn't too bad, it was reasonably clean but not great. The location is near the highway but not in the best area.

The bad: That's easy, the staff. We left our room around 9:15am to get breakfast and when we returned at 10am the room door was wide open and our bags had gone. We then saw the front desk clerk walking across the parking lot with one of our bags. He said, we thought you'd left so we were cleaning out the room. OK, but did we check out? No. Did we drive away and take our bags? No. Isn't check out 11am? Yes. So why are you entering the room and taking out our stuff? Don't know.

I have never had an experience like this, and won't be returning to have a 2nd!

This place is NOT safe, you'd be better off anywhere else.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
Austin Tx
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2009

I picked Coach Light Inn for it's inexpensive prices and good TA ratings, but when we arrived, I was shocked at how poor the property was.

Negatives ::
* The hotel was being renovated and there was noise until 11pm at night.
* We could also hear traffic from Market Street.
* The area did not feel safe - we brought in all of our belonging and put a chair against the door.
* The wireless internet did not work.

Positives:
* The room was reasonably clean, but smelled of Lysol and the sheets were worn.
* The TV was new and the reception was good.
* The price was low.

I would never stay there again. I have slept in hotels in Africa that were as nice as this one. It needs alot of work.

• Liked — The hotel owner was friendly and polite.
  • Disliked — Feeling of danger. Noise of tractor-trailer trucks.
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Portland Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2009

I found them on the Internet. After reading a few reviews, and not wanting to spend almost $100 per night for a room, I made reservations over the phone. I arrived about 2:30 in the afternoon and my room was ready. It was on the ground floor and I could park right next to my room. The room was super big, had two large beds, a small kitchen electric range (I did not use it), a larger than average dorm frig,sink, and a microwave. The room also had a big screen (37" to 40" maybe?) 16:9 aspect ratio TV with maybe 50 channels. Very nice line up.

I need to be in touch so Internet access is very important to me. I set up my new (mid year, 2008) Duo HP Pavilion laptop and looked for the wireless signal. My stock laptop found it, but said the signal was too weak to connect. The table my computer was on was deep in the rear of the room. I moved the table next to the front of the hotel room, under a window. My laptop connected just fine. Using speednet.net, I measured about 1.5Mbps down and about 300Kbps up. I video conference with my girlfriend. The upload speed was a tad slow for video conference But for all other uses, this broadband is just fine.

The people here are nice, polite and easy to get along with. The bed was perfect. I highly recommend this little place to anyone.

• Liked — new, 16:9 aspect ratio TV, fast internet
  • Disliked — I heard friday night cars in this little town make noise on the highway. But not so bad
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Houston
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2008

My family and I had a great stay at the Coach Light Inn. The rooms were very clean, nice size, microwave and refrigerator, and extremely comfortable beds. A nice surprise was the coffemaker and hairdryer in the room. The staff was very friendly and helpful, recommending two excellent restaurants in town. We have already made reservations to stay again in the fall.

• Liked — clean, comfortable, and affordable
  • Disliked — Not right on highway
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Victorville, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2007

I have stayed at the Coatch Light Inn from August/01/2007 to about Three week on this trip and I always came in to a well keeped Motel with Great!!, House keeping personel in there hire. I needed a return visit and was welcomed once again with this wonderfull service and clean room and I mean always clean, not just the first day but always.
I highly recomend The Coach Light as a Great place to visit while on the road. And while in town for breakfast the Santa Fe Restaurant has by my opinion the best food and the most pleasant people to talk to in Texas.

• Liked — Very clean rooms and well keeped rooms, great staff!
  • Disliked — Could use out door area for BBQ's and tables.
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
BrenhamBob01, manger at Coach Light Inn Brenham, responded to this review, April 22, 2008
Thank you for kind words.

Been to Coach Light Inn Brenham? Share your experiences!