“Excellent accommodations for the price.” 4 of 5 stars

Special Price
10% off room
Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in Brenham
Waxahachie, Texas
“Excellent accommodations for the price.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

A very clean and well maintained motel. You won't go wrong at this price. The manager and his wife were friendly and accommodating. The area of town is quiet and clean. The appliances were new and in good working order.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Houston, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

Coachlight Inn Fed Us to the Bed Bugs

On April 20, 2013 my wife and I checked into the Coachlight Inn just as we have for the past four years, every weekend to every other weekend. Since we do not have a house at our property at this time, we have called the Coachlight Inn “home” while we have been developing the property. After four years, I have viewed the hotel management as our “friends”. The manager put us in room 26 and asked me to talk to him in the morning before we leave. I asked what was up and he said, “Nothing, just come and talk to me in the morning.” The following morning I contacted the manager and asked again what was up. He asked me if everything was fine in the room and I said everything was fine. He asked if we noticed anything out of the ordinary and I said no. I asked him why and he responded, “Last weekend, four high school girls stayed in that same room and they complained about bed bugs.” I asked if he had called out someone to inspect for bed bugs, and he said, “Not yet.” I was shocked! There was at least a doubt concerning the presence of bed bugs and he used us as test subjects. A solid customer for four years and used us as a bug catcher. Sunday evening the bites surfaced.

(I tried to include pics of the bites, but the review will not accept pics) See below

My wife was bitten more than twenty times and myself twelve times. I immediately decided we would never stay there again. The next thing we know, I find and kill, a bed bug in our house! Now our house has been exposed to bed bugs. I called the manager “Bob” and he laughed. Yes laughed. His ridiculous response was, “I can send you a letter from my exterminator that there are no bed bugs in the room.” I said, “Anyone can print a letter. I can pay someone $30 and get a stupid letter. I have a bed bug and more than 32 bed bug bites between my wife and I.” He laughed again. That was the end of the conversation and definitely the relationship.

(I tried to include pics of the bed bug, but the review will not accept pics) See below

I took the bug to a pesticide store and they confirmed it was a bed bug. I have spent three days and more than $100 spraying my house because of the unforgivable immorality “Bob” demonstrated. All hotels are exposed to the risk of bed bugs and that doesn’t bother me…Just acknowledge it, deal with it appropriately, and go on with business. Feeding your clients to bed bugs then laughing at them when they call you about an infestation is not the way to do business. If he can do this to a customer of four years, and doubt the word of four high school girls who were uncomfortable, who are you, the one who frequents the Coachlight Inn once a year? Furthermore, he included my wife in his experiment. For all of you husbands out there who want to keep your wife comfortable and happy, think twice about staying at the Coachlight Inn. I sure am glad he wasn’t testing for scabies or fungal infections. If all hotels are full in Brenham, and Coachlight Inn has a room, camp along the highway instead. At least you won’t need to worry about being fed to the bed bugs. Friends don’t let friends sleep with bed bugs.

Please see tripadvisor.com review dated 5/9/2011 titled “Home Away from Home”. Prior to this we were very happy with the hotel.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
BrenhamBob01, Manager at Coach Light Inn Brenham, responded to this review, May 1, 2013
Thank you for taking time to review our hotel. Cleanliness is very important to us and held at a high standard. A hotel is defined by the quailty of service it provides to it's guests. It is disappointing and unacceptable to learn that you had a bad experience.

Please accept our sincere apologies.

we call entec pets managemant,inc.to ck bed bug.in room .and they did not found any bed bugs in room. there phone number 979-830-0909.
Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

Good and clean room, great price. Nice and quiet. Close to our business need. Easy to find. Husband and wife trip. Manager was extremely friendly and easy to do business with, even though we arrived late at night!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
BrenhamBob01, Manager at Coach Light Inn Brenham, responded to this review, April 26, 2013
We sincerely appreciate your warm review, .We pride ourselves in going above and beyond and are so glad that you enjoyed the time you spent with us. Have a great day.
Baytown, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

The rooms were large and well equipped. Was ideal for our group: Grandmother, 3 daughters and a granddaughter. We had 2 adjoining rooms, one with 2 queen beds and one with a king bed and a queen bed. Ideal arrangement that allowed us to put the 5 year old to bed while the rest of us visited in the other room. Made good use of the microwave and fridge/freezer. The only possible area for improvement would be the breakfast. It truly was a "continental" breakfast unlike so many motels/hotels that are now offering hot selections. It was pretty basic and included bananas, packaged sweet rolls and cold cereal.
One more recommendation I would make to the owner is that he have better signage for the check-in area. There was none and it could be made to look more welcoming.
Overall, though, we would certainly stay here again!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
BrenhamBob01, Manager at Coach Light Inn Brenham, responded to this review, April 7, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel, and thank you for staying with us. We're so glad you enjoyed your visit in Brenham. Have a wonderful day. Allison Guest Relations
Boise
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

TRAGIC PLACE. We asked for a non smoking room. Clearly the people before us were smokers. YUCK. SICKENING SMELL. Complaining to the barely English speaking owner was fruitless.
The people in the rooms on each side of us were smokers and the smell waffled in from our air conditioner. You could flush a small animal down the toilet with the colossal sucking vortex.
I'd rather sleepin my car than pend not her night here.

Room Tip: Go across the street to Rodeway!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Woking, England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

My room was spacious with 2 double beds. There was a desk and chair plus a table and 2 chairs; a fridge/freezer, microwave and coffee maker and a new tv. All I tried was one of the beds. Good shower though the curtain wasn’t quite long enough (or the rail is too high) and the floor got wet. Everything was really clean and the towels were lovely and fluffy.
The breakfast was a bit basic but I had cereal, toast and coffee which was enough to get me on my way.
Good location. Going a mile or so north takes you to historic Brenham which has numerous interesting little shops and buildings. Perhaps more importantly, it is also near the home of Blue Bell Ice Cream.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
BrenhamBob01, Manager at Coach Light Inn Brenham, responded to this review, March 22, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel, thank you for staying with us. We're so glad you enjoyed your visit in Brenham. Have a wonderful day.
Round Rock, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

saw high recommendations on here and I was really surprised they truly nice and clean rooms. Theres free wifi, they have water and toothbrushes and lots of little extras in the water plus continental breakfast.

• Stayed March 2013

Been to Coach Light Inn Brenham? Share your experiences!