“Wonderful Weekend Trip” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Brenham House Bed and Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Brenham
Brenham House Bed and Breakfast
You added Brenham House Bed and Breakfast to your Saves list
705 Clinton Street, Brenham, TX 77833   |
Ranked #1 of 10 Brenham B&B and Inns
Houston
“Wonderful Weekend Trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2008

We were greated with smiles, lemonade and fresh baked cookies! The home was beautifully decorated and our room was lovely. The breakfast was wonderful! There was so much to do in Brenham. We are planning our next trip The Brenham House now and we can't wait to go back!

• Liked — Everything
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2008

met my sisters for a weekend in the hill country. we stayed at the brenham house bed and breakfast and enjoyed true texas hospitality. everything about this place was first class from the charming accomodations to the delicious three course breakfast. The inn keepers were gracious and treated us just like family. if you are looking for a relaxing place to stay, this is THE place.

Stayed May 2008
Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2008

The Brenham House weekend was my getaway gift to myself and my first bed and breakfast experience. The proprietors met me at the door and welcomed me, gave me the mini-tour and then offered me refreshments. The coffee (which I don't even drink) smelled heavenly! Since I arrived late in the evening, I went straight to bed my first night, and the bed (in the Bluebonnet Room) was wonderful. The next morning, I woke to that wonderful coffee aroma and breakfast was delicious, it seems the proprietors were caterers in a former life, and the food was gourmet quality! Brenham was full of cute little shops and I didn't get to see nearly everything I wanted to see. When I go back, I will book the "library". If this is the Bed and Breakfast life, I am hooked!

• Liked — The house was so cozy, and yet privacy was completely assured
  • Disliked — There are plenty of festivals in the town but I went on a quiet weekend
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Texas USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2008

James & Susan Lopez are friendly, professional hosts who greet you, help you with luggage, feed you amazing gourmet breakfasts and are always on hand to help you plan where to go and what to see and do. The Brenham House is decorated with family and vintage antique furniture and bric-a-brac. Meals are served on lovely, handed-down, blue-rimmed Lenox china. Everything is clean and neat as a pin. The private baths with the 2 rooms we stayed in were welcomed features, as were the twin beds in one room. The gourmet breakfasts, complete with "dessert", were dee-licious and beautifully served. They spoil you like family.

Brenham is centrally located in the Texas bluebonnet and "Independence Trail" area between Houston and Bryan-College Station, a great location to stay. And Brenham's historic downtown's full of interesting shops, cafes and restaurants. There are frequent entertaining weekend events there too. We did the Bluebell Creamery tour and visited the Antique Rose Emporium near Independence, Washington on the Brazos State Park ("where Texas began"), and beautiful old Chappell Hill. Even had lunch at the well-known Martha's Bloomers in Navasota. Found them all easily with the good maps our host James provided.

The Brenham House is a real find! We look forward to staying with James & Susan again.

Barbara, Mary and Bernice

• Liked — Friendly, on-site host & hostess availability, cleanliness, decor and the great breakfasts.
  • Disliked — Didn't have enough electrical outlets for phone & camera recharging.
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Brenham House Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!