“Best Restaurant in Brenham” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Brenham, Texas, United States
“Best Restaurant in Brenham”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

This is the place we bring all our out of town visitors. The menu is varied and preparation is reliably fresh and delicious. The service is easy-going and attentive. Plus, the bar makes the best Margarita I've ever had (and I've had enough to know)! Ask them to use the secret ingredient (olive juice) and you're in for a treat.

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Cypress, TX
“Lots of Potential but Didn't Cut It”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012

We went to Ernie's on our trip to Brenham because we have read such good reviews. However, we were pretty disappointed in it overall. When we were walked in, were were asked to seat ourselves. The restaurant was all but vacant besides 2 other couples, and it was a Friday night. The waitress was sweet and cheerful, so the service wasn't bad. We had the giant portebello for starters and since the menu was pretty limited, I decided on the salmon, scallops and shrimp. The starter was great- but very small for two people to share. The bread we got with our starter had not been toasted or warmed up at all and served with a tiny ramiken of butter. When our entrees got there, mine was covered in the dill cream sauce although I specifically asked for it on the side. I never saw the waitress after that for about ten minutes, so I just ate it despite the mess up. It was so drowned in the sauce that it was pretty fowl, and my husbands steak didn't have a very good sear on it and was pretty tough. For the money we paid (around 100 bucks) I would try one of the other boutique restaurants in the neighborhood. You would save your money and enjoy the food better.

• Visited August 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
“Amazing!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2012 via mobile

There is nothing bad to say about this restaurant. The dressing on my side salad was delicious! The greens fresh and crisp (hard to find in this part of the world!). I ordered the fish tacos and, I'm not kidding, the flavor and quality was unbeatable! A cheesecake with chocolate graham cracker crust was the perfect way to finish the meal. The girls were so friendly, helpful, and informative as well. We drove an hour for our lunch and, believe me, we'll be back as soon as possible!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Austin, Texas
“Inconsistent”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2012

Sometimes the food is very good and sometimes not so much. Even a given dish fluctuates from visit to visit. The only thing that IS consistent s the service...always VERY friendly but always VERY slow.

• Visited May 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Austin
“disappointment”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

wanted to eat close to concert we were attending on square...what a disappointment... terrible terrible service.. had to wait 45 min. for food.. pricey wine..food was so..so.. will not go again.for sure

Visited July 2012