“County living” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Murski Homestead B&B

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Brenham
Murski Homestead B&B
1662 Old Independence Road, Brenham, TX 77833   |
Ranked #3 of 10 Brenham B&B and Inns
“County living”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013 via mobile

A wonderful experience from the people to the scenery... Just beautiful.. We'll be back.. The owner operators are wonderful people who we help guide you around the area so that you can enjoy your stay more

• Stayed March 2013

158 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013 via mobile

Everything was great from the owner operators to our surroundings. Brenham has more to offer then we imagined and I'm sure you'll find that it has more than you can imagine also.. Give them a call and come and experience country living and hospitality

• Stayed March 2013
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013 via mobile

I somehow stumbled upon The Murski Homestead B&B when searching online for a great weekend escape with my husband. After reading the reviews on Tripadvisor I knew that this was going to be an amazing stay. And it was and somehow even exceeded my high expectations. I was drawn to the Rosemary Room and it looked so beautiful in the pictures. But it was even more stunning in person.
We arrived and were greeted by Pamela Murski. She was so friendly and engaging on first impression. And after speaking with her throughout our stay, she is just the most beautiful person. What an incredibly talented and true to heart woman. We met her husband Tom on our last day as he was out of town on business. He was just so funny, personable, and warm. I can tell he is a hoot to talk to and I can't wait to go back and hear some of his stories. But here is the thing. We wanted to visit and are social people. If you are not social and want to be left alone, no worries as Pamela and Tom give you all the privacy in the world. They read their guests well and are not intrusive at all. I had such an interest in seeing all of the rooms (vacant at the time) and Pamela picked up on that and showed me the entire inn. Oh it's incredible! Whichever room you stay in it is perfect and I would be happy in any of these rooms. Pamela even showed us her beautiful home. Needs to be featured in Victoria Magazine or Southern Living!
The grounds are so Beautiful. So many quite places to sit and enjoy the views and lovely landscaping. There is this happy vibe and positive energy that emanates the environment here. And we just loooooved the kitties Spec and Tigger. And we really enjoyed watching the cows and their babies, donkeys, horses, and other animal life. The air here is clean and pure and you could let out a deep breath. I had a bad week before coming here and this place, and Pamela lifted my spirits. I am back to myself again.
Oh and the food was amazing! We had two incredible breakfasts and a very special dinner prepared by Pamela. We just came back from a five star inn known for their cooking school and dinners. They have nothing on Pamela. Her cooking was superior and magical. I wish we had taken pictures but it didn't last on our plates long enough for us to.
Also, the bed was the best most comfy bed. And I'm picky! I could just live there. Please, go and experience this amazing pace. Oh and Brenham is so charming and wonderful too!
Can't wait to go back!

Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Lewisville, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

We took a quick trip to hill country for my birthday and found this little gem of a place online in Brenham. I'm skeptical about B&B's but this place was heads above anywhere else I've stayed! The Lavendar room was very comfortable, well decorated, and had all our needs met. The door is right off the back porch, which we spent the morning watching the animals in the yard and the fog roll through. Not being in a traditional bed and breakfast with the rooms all within the house but instead accessible from the back porch, we were able to come and go without interrupting the innkeeper.The breakfast pantry had our morning breakfast (delicious ham and cheese quiche and fruit quesadilla!), enjoyed at our convenience with a microwave and coffee pot. The little things was what made this space special: homemade liquor and local toffee, bread and fresh butter and the lavendar bath accessories. The lavendar room also had a small private back porch which we took our breakfast on.
Pamela gave us a review of a great Mexican restaurant in town, and the B&B is minutes away from the Bluebell factory! Only drawback is that we were unable to stay longer than one night! Definitely will be returning.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Houston, TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

We've stayed several times at the Murski Homestead and always find ourselves coming back. This time we stayed in the Sage room which had changed quite a bit since our last stay. The bathroom, which used to only have a bath, now has both the old fashioned bathtub and a new marble shower. There is also a heater & A/C in the room, in addition to the central unit in the B&B. This made it very easy for us to get temperature right where we wanted it in our room. Lastly, a mini fridge had been added to the room. Overall, we had a great relaxing stay as always, despite the poor weather during our visit. Pamela is always attentive to our requests and is a pleasure to visit with. Until next time!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Humble, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

May of 2012 I traveled to Brenham and stayed with the Murski's for 3 days to celebrate my 50th. Being so far from my childhood home where all my friends live they made my birthday memerible. The accomadations are top notch (raised in the hotel industry) and the location to my present home very convenient. I love their outdoor settings for relaxation especially the front covered porch. This B&B is ideal for small weddings and anniversaries or any special occasions. The food is exceptional and enjoyed all that Mrs. Murski provided. I was so impressed I am going back for my 51st. I highly recommend this B&B to all as I stay at many over the past 20 yrs.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
Humble, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

We visited for a 35th anniversary getaway, but more importantly, just to escape the bustle of our daily lives in the city! The place was fabulous...lovely accommodations, beautiful setting, and wonderful breakfast meals! Loved having everything accessible to fix at our leisure each morning so we could sleep in and relax as long as we pleased! Thank you, Pamela, for a lovely visit!

Room Tip: We stayed in The Rosemary Room....cozy and warm...very comfortable bed and bath!