“Quick Getaway” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Murski Homestead B&B

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Brenham
Murski Homestead B&B
Save Saved
You added Murski Homestead B&B to your Saves list
1662 Old Independence Road, Brenham, TX 77833   |
Ranked #3 of 10 Brenham B&B and Inns
Lewisville, Texas
“Quick Getaway”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

We took a quick trip to hill country for my birthday and found this little gem of a place online in Brenham. I'm skeptical about B&B's but this place was heads above anywhere else I've stayed! The Lavendar room was very comfortable, well decorated, and had all our needs met. The door is right off the back porch, which we spent the morning watching the animals in the yard and the fog roll through. Not being in a traditional bed and breakfast with the rooms all within the house but instead accessible from the back porch, we were able to come and go without interrupting the innkeeper.The breakfast pantry had our morning breakfast (delicious ham and cheese quiche and fruit quesadilla!), enjoyed at our convenience with a microwave and coffee pot. The little things was what made this space special: homemade liquor and local toffee, bread and fresh butter and the lavendar bath accessories. The lavendar room also had a small private back porch which we took our breakfast on.
Pamela gave us a review of a great Mexican restaurant in town, and the B&B is minutes away from the Bluebell factory! Only drawback is that we were unable to stay longer than one night! Definitely will be returning.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Houston, TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

We've stayed several times at the Murski Homestead and always find ourselves coming back. This time we stayed in the Sage room which had changed quite a bit since our last stay. The bathroom, which used to only have a bath, now has both the old fashioned bathtub and a new marble shower. There is also a heater & A/C in the room, in addition to the central unit in the B&B. This made it very easy for us to get temperature right where we wanted it in our room. Lastly, a mini fridge had been added to the room. Overall, we had a great relaxing stay as always, despite the poor weather during our visit. Pamela is always attentive to our requests and is a pleasure to visit with. Until next time!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Humble, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

May of 2012 I traveled to Brenham and stayed with the Murski's for 3 days to celebrate my 50th. Being so far from my childhood home where all my friends live they made my birthday memerible. The accomadations are top notch (raised in the hotel industry) and the location to my present home very convenient. I love their outdoor settings for relaxation especially the front covered porch. This B&B is ideal for small weddings and anniversaries or any special occasions. The food is exceptional and enjoyed all that Mrs. Murski provided. I was so impressed I am going back for my 51st. I highly recommend this B&B to all as I stay at many over the past 20 yrs.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
Humble, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

We visited for a 35th anniversary getaway, but more importantly, just to escape the bustle of our daily lives in the city! The place was fabulous...lovely accommodations, beautiful setting, and wonderful breakfast meals! Loved having everything accessible to fix at our leisure each morning so we could sleep in and relax as long as we pleased! Thank you, Pamela, for a lovely visit!

Room Tip: We stayed in The Rosemary Room....cozy and warm...very comfortable bed and bath!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

My husband and I have stayed at many b&b's in recent years and certainly, this one will be at the top of our list....quiet, relaxing, convenient (not a long drive for us "seniors") and the food was fantastic!!! Sitting on the porch with a book and a cup of coffee, visiting with Pamela and exchanging views on things, watching the sunset, petting Gyp or Spec, browsing downtown, enjoying the very, very comfortable Sage Room.....all added up to a future visit in the not too distant future. Thanks so much for the wonderful time!!!

Pasadena, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

We had a great weekend at Murski Homestead. The property is located off the road so you feel like you are in the middle of nowhere but have the convenience of being in town and close to great dining, shopping, etc. Pamela gave us great restaurant recommendations, spot on for people who like good food. Our room was beautiful, very comfy bedding, breakfast was amazing, and the overall feel of the place is relaxing and homey. Great to wake up and eat on the porch and watch the livestock and dogs run around, very scenic. We will definitely go there again!

Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

I want to start by saying that I have stayed in several top notch b&b's across the country, so I had high expectations of the Murski Homestead. I took my wife to Brenham for our anniversary trip, and after reading many reviews and doing my research I chose the Murski Homestead. It is one of the top 3 b&b's I've stayed at, and my wife would say the same. We just loved the country charm of this quaint little cottage nestled on the top of the rolling countryside. This place did exactly what we needed it to do for us... lift all the burdens of the husle and bustle, and allow my wife and I to just be, and enjoy each others company without the noise and distractions. We loved our stay!

Thank you Murski family for your true southern hospitality!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Murski Homestead B&B? Share your experiences!