“Opportunistic...” 1 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Brenham Texas
“Opportunistic...”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

I have to say that this review is from a long time back, but I see from reading the other reviews that nothing has changed, this visit was after a very bad time in Brenham with a hurricane bearing down on Houston and literally thousands of people fleeing Houston up Hwy 290. We were not affected by the storm as much as most and it was business as usual for businesses in Brenham, mind you, this was AFTER, probably the week after the storm had come thru and things were getting back to normal. My business associates (from out of town) and I decided to go to Applebees as we were fond of their soup and sandwich lunch..we were told upon ordering it that it was not available because of "all the storm people' and that they would not be honoring any special pricing at this time. I was SHOCKED. NOT HONORING advertised special pricing because of a hurricane??? Did I hear you correctly, this is bordering on price gauging..I live in Brenham, I can always go somewhere else, even home, but to NOT honor special pricing because of all the extra people in Brenham at that time, are you for real??? To NOT honor special pricing, when people were desperately looking for somewhere to eat and sleep on the road...Highly unethical, not nice, not good business, and maybe even illegal..that is the reason that I took so long to write this review..I have not been back since that instance, haven't missed it and will NEVER be a customer of Applebees again..

• Visited December 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Hitchcock, TX
“Disappointing experience.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

After having good experience at another Applebee's, we decided to have lunch at the Brenham Applebee's Sunday. 7/28/2013. What a monumental letdown. We got waited on pretty quickly but it went downhill fast after that. The waitress messed up my wife's order and it had to be delivered in two trips. Really...for a soup and sandwich. Her sandwich was unrecognizable as a real sandwich. It was really just a sliver of bread with some stuff in between. Not even four bites. Her tomato basil soup had the consistency of a can of axle grease with just about as much flavor. My french onion soup was so salty it was nearly impossible to eat. All that hight quality food after a 25 minute wait. We were 60 seconds from walking out when we finally got our order. We're done with Applebee's. They obviously have a serious management problem.

• Visited July 2013
Chappell Hill, Texas
“A typical Applebee's - okay trip.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

The service was friendly and quick - with a smile. The food was typical for Applebee's - do not expect a gourmet experience. You get what you pay for in this restaurant. We will go back again for the quick and comfortable meal.

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Brenham, Texas
“Rumors of bad service are NOT exaggerated.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

I went to Applebee's in Brenham for lunch today with two coworkers. Hadn't eaten here in years, and now I remember why.

The place was only half full, with almost all the patrons seated on the east side of the bar. My friends and I were seated at the big booth in the corner. After waiting for 15 minutes without even being approached by a waitress to take our drink order, one of us went to the hostess and complained. We then watched and waited; the hostess looked flustered and talked to the manager. After 20 minutes went by with still no waitress interested in even talking to us, we again complained. The hostess assured us that the manager was in the kitchen trying to rush our order so we wouldn't be late to work, and then she fled back to attend the nonexistent crowd coming in the door.

Trying to rush our order??? We didn't know how that could be, since nobody had taken our order. Mind you, the so-called waitresses working in the place DID stop at each and every table around us, but they never gave US so much as eye contact. Nobody even bothered to say, "Ladies, I'll be with you as soon as I can." Just . . . nothing. Acquaintances whom we had waved hello to when they walked in AFTER us already had their food, and we STILL HAD NOT EVEN BEEN ASKED FOR OUR DRINK ORDER AFTER 25 MINUTES.

At this point, we got up and left and went next door to Schlotzsky's, as we now had to rush to get something for lunch before we were late to work. And you know what? The counter staff at Schlotzsky's were far better waitresses than the staff at Applebee's. Pretty sad.

• Visited June 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Brenham, Texas
“It was terrible.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

We bought the 9 oz steak and 7 oz sirloin. It was uneditable.. baked potatoe was burnt and crunchy. and broccoli was disgusting. We paid anyways only because the waitresses were so nice. What a waste of time with someone I love trying to have a good meal and relax.

• Visited April 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

Been to Applebee's? Share your experiences!