“Simply Amazing!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hidden Valley Inn

You added Hidden Valley Inn to your Saves list
Hidden Valley Inn
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4 Miles Cooma Cairn Road, Mountain Pine Ridge Reserve, Belize   |
Special Price
30% off room rate
Certificate of Excellence 2014
San Ignacio, Cayo, Belize
“Simply Amazing!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

From the service, to the food, to the place itself...Hidden Valley is just amazing! The people there are so friendly and hospitable! I had never met such kind people. The environment is very homey and comfy! I love it! I definitely see myself going back some time. Its name is also very fitting as it is truly hidden - long ride - but the wait and patience is worthwhile!

I went on business relations there and still ended up having a great time. Some of my colleagues were even stunned asking why they were so nice to us jeje - they just are! :D

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
San Ignacio, Belize
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

Firstly, let me say that I have been to other first-class resorts in Belize, namely: Vicotria House, Chaa Creek and Blancaneaux. Out of all these, Hidden Valley Inn is the one that has impressed me the most with the best personal service and its location. This trip, I was with friends and other colleagues. From the time of our arrival, we were warmly welcomed by Arleni, at the front-desk and Raul, the Marketing Manager. All of the staff was really attentive to our needs. The rooms were beautiful, the food at the restaurant was excellent and the pool area is gorgeous as well. I had no idea that there are so many beautiful natural wonders in the many acres of land it is situated on! I was blown away when we went to the yoga platform that overlooks the scenic mountains and waterfalls, and also when we went to the secluded sacred pools (waterfalls). It is impressive that each of their waterfall locations is booked so that it is always a private tour for the couple/persons going to swim and relax there for the day or half day. I definitely recommend this romantic/adventurous tour for honeymooners or couples on wedding anniversary, etc. The place is also heaven for birdwatchers, I saw a couple different birds I have never seen before, our tour guide, Oscar took attention to detail to explain many interesting facts of the place and took care of everyone! Overall, Hidden Valley Inn is paradise in the most intimate setting! The day we arrived home, I felt relaxed and renewed! I cannot say enough things of the place and the entire staff. I'm definitely going back to Hidden Valley with my husband sometime soon!

Belize City, Belize, Belize
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

I visited the Hidden Valley Inn last month, I would like to highly reccoment this place to anyone looking for a place to get away, to relax and to see what nature has to offer. The hidden valley is located at around 1 hr drive front san ignacio town, is high up there in beautiful mountain pine ridge. We were pampered from the minute we got off the car into the property. WE were greeted with a relaxing herbal drink and a nice hand massage. Our room was very romantic, very clean and we were surrounded by nature. In the nights we would turn on the fire place and speak of our day out exploring the property. Butterfly falls was amazing! the water was very refreshing after the 20 minute hike to the fall. We also had some drink while enjoying the warm Jacuzzi located at the pool were you can enjoy the natural view that you dont get anywere else in the world but Belize. I was so greatful for the opportunity to visit such a nice place. Arleni the front desk Clerk wars great! The bar tender was awesome he tought us some geat bar trick :) Our tour guide was very knowledgeable. What more can I say ? Hidden Valley was the Most beautiful place I have ever seen when it comes to nature, birds and water ways. Simply romantic and beautiful.

Thank you everyone at the Hidden valley for such nice service you made our stay an unforgetable one .

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Port Townsend, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

We stayed for a week in September and had a fabulous time. So many hikes, walks, waterfalls to enjoy. It was pretty hot and we took quite a few dips while hiking some of the trails. Even if the hotel is full of guests, you never felt crowded. The staff are very pleasant and attentive, food was awesome, we are vegetarians and there was always a choice for us. Oscar took us on a tour and he knows his stuff. Rick picked us up from the airport so we also got a lot of history about the Island and Hidden Valley. Other than walking/hiking or taking trips to other locations, there's not much else to do except relax and be pampered. Yoga was available every day and the pool, tho' not large, was a welcome spot. Luscious gardens, immaculately maintained. We had hoped to take the nigh walk, but time and our energy didn't allow for that! - highly recommend this place!

Room Tip: There is a beautiful 2 room (adjoining suite) available with it's own lounging area. All rooms...
Placencia, Belize
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

We had been looking forward to visiting Hidden Valley Inn after reading their reviews and seeing all the outdoor amenities they offered on their websites. My wife called to book a few nights but they only had one available (which we were impressed they were full even in the off season. next time we will call further in advance!)

I stayed in a mountain home near Hidden Valley Inn and wanted to stop in to check it out. When we pulled in someone greeted us and invited us in for breakfast. The atmosphere of inn was like a 5 star mountain cottage with beautiful finishes. The executive chef came out and greeted us which was very impressive! The food was great and the setting was phenomenal, we explored the grounds, the pool, and the rooms. We then drove the trails and saw waterfalls including the "1000 ft. Waterfall" and their private airstrip!

Raul immediately realized that it was my wife that had called before for the nights and he said he had even called back to let us know he had a room come available (though we had made plans already) I really appreciated his initiative!

All that to say I will definitely be booking a longer stay there and will look forward to updating this review!

Room Tip: pick the room with the outdoor waterfall shower!
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

First some back ground: I did not want to rough it or worry while on my honeymoon. Cost was not such an issue because this was a splurge trip for us. That being said I hope this review will help you.

I had done hours upon hours of research to find the right hotel. I literally read every review about Hidden Valley Inn(HVI) that exists on TA and many on other sites as well. I was eyes wide open about what to expect. For this reason, I can easily say I was not surprised by anything. Some people say they don't like certain charges that they had on their bill or something was not to their liking. I am a bit of a nitpicker but I couldn't find much of anything to complain about because I already knew exactly what to expect. So, I will give the good and the bad with some explanation. It does look like some things have changed since we went(at least the website).

THE GOOD(really, great!)
-we were pampered from the get go by the congeniality of the staff, the accommodations, the treatment. (hand massage and delicious lemongrass tea while reclining on a comfortable couch, all prior to checking in)

-The grounds near the cabins and lodge are immaculate and well considered, very lush and welcoming

-The rooms are very spacious and with many modern conveniences for being so far in the middle of nowhere

-The louvered windows and ceiling fan more than made up for not having A/C (I'm a spoiled American) It was deliciously fresh and almost cold at night for our stay

-The food was absolutely delicious. People can complain about the prices; it's all listed on their website, it's in the middle of nowhere, of COURSE you have to eat there, it should not be any surprise. It was not every day fare, definitely upper level cuisine and amazing service! I couldn't get enough of the Belizean Big Belly Breakfast and the multi course dinners were varied and excellent.

-Tea time was a nice chance to snag some fresh tea, pastries and finger foods, and enjoy some down time before dinner a few hours later

-The bar had an extensive collection of cocktails, plus beer and wine, which we certainly enjoyed

-The in house library was big enough for both my wife and I to find books we swapped ones we brought to get new ones we enjoyed

-Turn down service was a new experience for me, and always had fresh flower petals decorating the bed

-For the life of me I cannot remember our guide to Caracol, Rio on Pools and Rio Frio Cave, but he provided an excellent tour with humor and information. the lunch was great too! I love the punch.

-We reserved Secret pools and falls for the day which I can't emphasize enough was beyond my expectations. The seclusion of the falls, the flora and fauna, the wonderful basket lunch and chilled sparkling wine, the falls themselves where we swam lazily and jumped off the rocks, it all combined to an unbelize-able experience. Yes, I just went there. I can't emphasize enough that this experience is well worth it(if they still offer it)

-I'll close with the check out/billing. We were given a detailed bill, no rush to review it or any attitude from the helpful manager(again, the name escapes me!), and we did take our time reviewing it. We found no issues with extra or surprise charges.

THE BAD
-If it had been hot, the no a/c would have made it much different

-The overall reserve, not the main are around the lodge/cabins, still suffers from the effects of forest fires and pine beetle infestation. Can't be blamed on the Inn but it is what it is

-The beds in the rooms, while comfortable enough, were twin beds lashed together. It must be hard to transport queen/king size beds i guess

- Being so far out, it was not possible to visit San Ignacio. Then again, we weren't there for very long and our time was full. So it is possible but it will cost for the trip.

-We didn't get to visit so much of the reserve because of our short stay. I recc'd giving it more time than us if possible!

In summary, our trip was everything i expected it to be because I did so much research. HVI is a wonderful choice and you will not regret it if you know what you are doing when you book there. It was an unforgettable experience and maybe we can go back for the 25th ;)

Room Tip: We loved our room, not sure there are any bad ones really.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
london
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

will probably be a few years from now before we go back, but what a place. freedom to explore yet the safety of a walkie talkie. waterfalls galore, cycling and walking. only wish we had had more time there

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Hidden Valley Inn? Share your experiences!