“The Event” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 6 Boerne B&B and Inns
Columbus, Ohio
“The Event”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

Whatever the event may be Ye Kindall Inn is set up to perfectly cater to all of the guests. With historic buildings preserved from destruction, the feel of times past is present with all the emenities of today. The history and location with scenic walkways and great food make this a desitination worth visiting. Every detail has been painstakingly rendered with perfection for a large gathering or a quiet getaway. The rooms being seperate villas only added to the magic of this location.

Room Tip: The Lancaster was great.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

85 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

I have nothing but good things to say about this place. Well kept, friendly staff, unique rooms / character, quality service, good food, etc. And I went to a wedding here and they did a great job accomodating the event, especially in light of the weather not working out. All in all a great place!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

I had my wedding at Ye Kendall Inn and it was just perfect! The staff was incredibly helpful throughout the planning process and after it was all said and done, my wedding was even better than I could have ever anticipated.

Many of our out of town guests stayed at Ye Kendall Inn and LOVED it! From the themed cabins to the more traditional rooms, everyone loved the decor and the South Texas feel that Ye Kendall offers. Not a single guest had anything bad to say about their stay at the Ye Kendall Inn. It's in the perfect location right off Main Street, with plenty of shops to walk to, which was perfect for our guests who were looking for something to do before the wedding.

If I'm being honest, the biggest hit at the wedding was the food. Ye Kendall Inn nailed it with the Pistachio Crusted Chicken and Beef Tenderloin. Many of our guests went back for seconds (we had a buffet)... It was delicious! Ye Kendall Inn was able to make the food taste just as fabulous cooking for 100 people as they did when I went in for my tasting. All the food is prepared by the chef at the Limestone Grille, which is the restaurant inside Ye Kendall Inn. I have been there several times just for dinner and have never ordered something I didn't like! I was very impressed that they were able to take on such a large group and still offer food that tasted so good.

Overall, Ye Kendall Inn is just wonderful. I highly recommend it as wedding venue, a place to host a reception, or any event for that matter! And even if you aren't planning a wedding, just stop by for dinner, you'll be glad you did!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012 via mobile

My wife and I have stayed here 3 times now and we love it! The property is so rich in history and the limestone grill has some great food! Everyone has been very kind to us even down to the maintenance! I recommend staying in one of the cottages.

Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

I LOVE Ye Kendall Inn!! First off, when you walk in you are greeted with a beautiful lobby that makes you feel right at home. The bar area surrounds you with gorgeous native limestone that gives the restaurant/bar a cozy yet professional feel. There food is phenomenal. They have an amazing chef and everything tastes great! They have a wonderful menu that gives you plenty to choose from to appease your palette! I have been here numerous times for lunch and dinner. My husband and I also had our wedding reception here and it couldn't have turned out more perfect!! We asked for elegant Christmas lighting and they strung up Christmas lights exactly as we envisioned. We used their outdoor fireplace to add some fun to our reception by roasting s'mores! It was the hit of the party!! Their staff was incredibly nice and on top of everything!! They really made sure everything we wanted was done exactly the way we dreamed! And we did have the time of our lives! I would recommend to anyone to have their wedding and/or reception here!!! This place is always a delight and my family and I will continue going to Ye Kendall Inn and suggesting them to all of our friends!!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

This place was a great place for me and my wife to have our wedding reception. We got married here last year and the place looked amazing. They hung up Christmas lights and our vintage mason jar candle holders just as we asked them. This is a true gem to have since it adds to the the charm of the event. I have nothing but good things to say about the Ye Kendall Inn.

This is was such a special day for us that with the fear of rain they even held the ballroom for us as a plan B.

The Ye Kendall Inn is truly a great place to have your reception. We could not get married there just because we were expecting too many people, or else we would have. Everything was done to perfection. With the warm lights and the chimney lit and ready for smores for our guests, this was truly a great time for all.

The rooms really added to the charm because they were convenient for everyone and they were truly something to see. I felt as if I was in a different time period. Rooms were reserved for family that was coming out of town and they were given a good deal. The staff was courteous and very attentive. The food was great and the service was phenomenal.

I would highly recommend this venue to anyone. Even if you are not getting married, this is a good place to relax and enjoy the charm of the town. Grab a drink from the bar and sit on the porch and allow yourself to relax.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

My husband and I,my sister's family, my daughter's family and my mother have been staying here for at least a decade. We have been once a month, for the past 3 months. Which means 2 rooms each trip.... We come EVERY year, the day after Thanksgiving for the weekend...2-3 rooms. Just to give you an idea of how often we are there. Something has gone terribly Wrong!!! Everything before was perfect ! Now the worst problem is filty rooms. Underwear left from previous guest.....next trip,same room...underwear still there. Sheets that smells like baby poop. And the worst yet, veil, rose petals, and SOILED BEDDING...and DOUBLED CHARGED ON THE CREDIT CARD last 2 trips!!!!

Room Tip: Fernando, at the desk is more than willing to help in anyway possible! The cabins are a romantic won...
Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
YKIAdministrator, Public Relations Manager at Ye Kendall Inn, responded to this review, September 24, 2012
Dear Diana,
On behalf of Ye Kendall Inn, please accept our sincere apologies. We regret the discomfort and the inconvenience that you experienced during your recent stay. Maintaining high standards of cleanliness and hospitality are of utmost importance to us. Please be assured that these concerns have been addressed and resolved immediately.

Thank you for your loyalty to our hotel. We look forward to serving you and your family in the future.

Been to Ye Kendall Inn? Share your experiences!