“Amazing Underground Sanctuary!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Seattle
4 attraction reviews
“Amazing Underground Sanctuary!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

On a recent trip to San Antonio and Austin, we took a drive into Hill Country and found a hidden gem in the Cave Without a Name. Just 6 months ago we had been on the island of Borneo and visited some amazing caves there and found this one to have its own distinct beauty and history. We received good directions in Boerne at the Bear Moon restaurant and found this treasure, being greeted by a sign that said "...This is It...Cave Without a Name...You Found Us!" We had an hour tour with a well-spoken, humorous and knowledgeable guide and were amazed at the several "rooms" and the many different formations. It's a perfect venue for acoustic music performances. We can't say enough about this incredible, inexpensive find.

Visited April 2013

Katy, Texas
6 attraction reviews
“Not a bad cave, but tour guide was not great with kids.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

I'm a cave lover. This one was better than Natural Bridge in the ways everyone else describes -- less commercialized, feels more authentic. I enjoyed Kickapoo more, but that might just be because of the people. We went to this cave with extended family. While I don't want to speak ill of my niece lol, she was perhaps not the most respectful 4 year old that ever walked the earth, but she was 4. And she kept asking her dad questions at the back of the group. With the echo effect, it was louder than she intended, but not so loud that it interfered with hearing the tour guide, and I'm usually quick to tell my kids or nieces/nephews to zip it out of respect. The tour guide abruptly stopped and said with not-a-gentle tone "Can you please be quiet, little girl?" Now, seriously, I get that it is polite to be quiet while someone else is talking, but she was 4, and a perhaps more appropriate response would have been "is there a question in the back I can help with?" to get the point across. Anyway. It wasn't a complete waste of a trip. The adults enjoyed it. The 4 year old cried quietly to herself the rest of the tour and still hates caves to this day (she's now 9).

Visited May 2012
“Nice formations- larger cave than one would expect for a "nameless" cave”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013 via mobile

Nice guided tour with just our family - knowledgeable and affable tour guide. The cave was a pretty decent size with interesting formations. Not commercialized like others and felt like an authentic experience.

Visited April 2013
Houston, Texas
“Great tour”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

The tour was quite good. Not as commercial as some of the others I have visited. We weren't forced to take a picture of us in the cave, so they could try and sell it to us at the end of the tour, nor were we forced through the gift shop. The guide was very entertaining, although i would have liked more technical information on the caverns themselves. That being said the group on this tour didn't really seem like they were there for the technical side, so i understand why he didn't go into much of that detail. It should be accessible to most people who can walk. There are over a hundred stairs that need to be ascended to exit the cave. I am a fairly heavy smoker and I made the stairs easily. I was definitely winded but made it without having to stop.

Visited March 2013
arkansas
“Interesting”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

A local told us about this cave. It is off the beaten path. We had a great time. Our guide was very nice, we had a small group of about 10 people. The tour was supposed to be about an hour but we went over about 15 min. Our guide was great about answering questions and very patient as my 5 yr old ask MANY questions! Had a great visit!

Visited March 2013