“Delicious at Dodging Duck” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 87 Restaurants in Boerne
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Eddy, Texas
“Delicious at Dodging Duck”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

We enjoyed the beer sampler at the Dodging Duck. You can get either 3 or 4 generous samples of the beer brewed here. The cost is minimal and then you know exactly what you like. We also purchased the sausage plate. The sausage is delciious and it is accompanied by slices of cheddar cheese, Bavarian potato salad, tasty mustard and a large warm pretzel. It was all so delicious. We went late afternoon and avoided any crowds. Right across the street you will find the creek that runs through town. It is even fun for adults to feed the ducks.

Austin, Texas
“Different and Fun”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

We drove over to see the Cave With No Name in Boerne, Texas and wanted to eat afterwards. Fun menu with varied dishes. My husband's burger with avocado was amazing. I don't normally eat burgers but it looked wonderful and so I tried a bite. Very tender and tasty- scrumptious! The fried green tomatoes were pretty good. They have an extensive wine and beer selection and what looks like some great salads on the menu. I do not recommend the fish and chips. OK- so I am a cook myself and when I go out I want at least equal or better to my own cooking. I make much better beer battered fish. The beer battered fish was hard, not tender and the batter not very beer tasting. Served with just the usual French fries. Overall, in a small Texas town, this was good. Right across from the river park. I loved the native plantings, outdoor dining and using a home for a business.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Houston, Texas
“Definitely try it.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

Neat menu and great beer. Went there 7/4/2013. I had the sausage plate...really good particularly the potato salad which is more like a scooped out baked potato with seasonings. The big soft pretzel as a side was cool.

New Braunfels, Texas
“Beer and burgers.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013 via mobile

Had their burger which was pretty decent size with excellent flavor. Their handcrafted beers are very nicely done as well. I had their IPA which was very hoppy ( which it should be) and just full of flavor. Would definately recommend this place and well worth a short drive if in the area

Kingsville, TX, USA
“Dodge going to the Duck”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

The front desk at our motel in San Antonio recommended a restaurant in Boerne with "Gretel" in the title. So, we drove out and they were closed, but the cleanup crew recommended the "Dodging Duck" down the street by saying that it was "pretty good". We were rather hungry, so we stopped in. Food was "dry" and service was to the extent that the server did get it on the table. The wife's chicken was so dry that she managed to eat half of it. My beef kabob was so dry that I managed to cut off a third of the meat that was burned black. I won't go back and would not recommend it.

• Visited June 2013