“Don't bother eating lunch here” 2 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American, Bakery
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Reservations, Buffet
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Reservations, Buffet
San Antonio, Texas
“Don't bother eating lunch here”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2010

My husband and I stopped to grab a quick bite here. First off, there is no advertising of their lunch menu. We had to ask if they offered lunch. We asked what was good and took the reccomendation of chipotle grilled cheese with chicken. I had a side of chilled avocado tomato soup while my husband had a salad. We were not offered to-go service or dine in. We didn't know what to do, so we sat down. This seemed to confuse the young man that had received our order. He had assumed that we were taking it to go. Anyway, we waited 30 mins to finally get our food. I would have thought that they would give you soup and salad first. We had asked that we have whole wheat bead and both sandwiches were on white. I had specifically asked for the ww and the guy repeated it. I told him what was wrong and he made us wait 5 mins while he continued to help other people with their food. Finally another waitress came by and took our orders back. She took part of my food with her and didn't return with our sandwhics until 30 mins later! And the bread was burned. I would think that if you pay $30.00 for sandwhiches, everything would be perfect. Service and quality of food for the money was severly lacking.
I will say that I got the impression the young man was new. Also, the tomato avocado soup was very good. The baked goods did look good as well, but we never tasted any.
It was very aggrevating that the waitress took part of my food with her, and I did want the fruit. Why does it take 30 mins to make a sandwhich? It was a nice enough sandwich, if you could ignore the burnt taste. We never received an apology and we were completely ignored the entire time. A guy that looked like the owner was ten feet away from us the entire time and he never said a thing to us either! We were and are beyond frusterated at the way we were treated. If the young man was new, as he seemed to be, I would think that the owner would take responsibility for him instead of ignoring us. It was very obvious what was going on, so he could not have been oblivious to the situation.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

81% Recommend
Conroe, Texas
“Great plalce for lunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2010

They have a fantastic bakery and their sandwiches are not your normal sandwich. I love their iced tea, too!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Texas Hill Country
“Great Bakery - Equally eclectic and hometown, fabulous pastries.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2009

I have the opportunity to visit Bear Moon Bakery once or twice a year and have done so for the last 8 years. Throughout that time I have found it to be consistantly excellent. The pastries and cookies are hand made and absolutely delicious. They do have a constant change of wait staff that is your typical high school student or young adult but the bakers and kitchen help are long time employees with credentials from On The Job Training to professional pastry academies. The breakfast and lunches that I have experienced are tasty and the atmosphere is a mixture of hometown hangout and uber eclectic meeting spot. A great spot run by great people. The owner, Paula, is still the head mixer and has her hands directly on every aspect of the business. She is just as likely to be seen covered in dough as out front visiting the always full dining room. If there is one negative it is that the dining room needs more space. Do yourself a favor and visit this great little bakery.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Boulder, CO
“two thumbs up”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2009

Went for lunch and the salad., soup and wrap were so tasty.
Our daughter had the breakfast brunch which looked okay but nothing special [though it was only $9]

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Boerne TX
“Excellent food. brunch and baked goods especially”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2009

Great for weekend brunch, they also have delicious soups, sandwiches (on fresh baked bread of course), and dinners. I personally love the scones.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere