“The Filet Mignon tasted like an inexpensive sirloin” 2 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #64 of 86 restaurants in Boerne
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Description: you have the B&B listed, but not the restaurant. I wanted to review the restaurant
Georgetown, Texas
“The Filet Mignon tasted like an inexpensive sirloin”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2011

The Filet Mignon tasted like an inexpensive sirloin.
Went to Spinelli's for New Year's Eve dinner and ordered the Filet Mignon with shrimp.
Ordered the filet medium rare but it was cooked closer to medium and it had to be the worst Filet that I have ever had - very little flavor and it did not exhibit the texture and consistency of a typical Filet Mignon cut. Very disappointing considering that this was a special evening for my wife and I. I am a long time tripadvisor (love tripadvisor) user but have not provided many reviews until this experience.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

61% Recommend
“Spinelli's Vistro is my favorite sit-down...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2010 via mobile

Spinelli's Vistro is my favorite sit-down restaurant in Boerne. The food is always excellent, so every time I go I try something different! They have great pasta, salads, burgers, tilapia, almost anything you're looking for, even pizzas, and the dessert is to die for!! Vistro staff does a wonderful job, and has the experience to keep up : ) The Vistro is perfect for a romantic dinner too! The last time I was in there for dinner, my boyfriend and I witnessed a man proposing to the love of his life!! Anyway, I love the vistro, everything about it, so I thought I'd post here : ))

• 5 of 5 stars Food
“Boerne vistro Is my favorite restaurant...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2010 via mobile

Boerne vistro Is my favorite restaurant of all time the chicken parmesan is my favorite dish it has a combination of Alfredo and marinara sauce and is oven baked creating a taste of excellence. the music creates a relaxing atmosphere and the service is always great. I recommend the vistro as a place to eat if you want good food great service and a calm antique atmosphere!

boerne
“Great inn and food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2010

y family accompanied me on a business trip and we moved to this inn after leaving another one that was unclean and uncomfortable and what an oasis the HIE proved to be!

The room was clean - linens, bathroom, floor, window, mirrors, you name & it was clean.
There was no offensive artificial odor from air fresheners (aka air stinkers).
The beds were comfortable.
The breakfast included in the price was far superior to other "free" breakfasts. Aside from the usual cereal and breakfast breads there were hot eggs, omelettes, bacon, that even pleased my picky southern husband. cool.
The coffe was quite good with a variety of creamers to choose from.
It's conveniently located, near many restaurants and shopping centers. Boerne's antique shops and cafes are nearby, as are countless delicious Mexican restaurants. And if you must dine you can eat at the vistro great food too. a must GO

boerne
“Great place to stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2010

Had my wedding at the Vistro this year. It has a beautiful country inn and great food. I loved the beautiful building as well as the perfect location and views. My wedding party and closest family members were all able to get rooms on the property. Great place to party, we were all over the venue. Outside on the patio, upstairs overlooking the hill country, it was truly a blast! My husband and I stayed in the honeymoon suite and really enjoyed the history of the place. The owner, Dennis, was so much fun and very accommodating. His staff was there every step of the way to make sure every detail was perfect. Great food, wine, and awesome place! Very unique and within walking distance to almost everything in Boerne! LOVED it!!