“Over rate and bad food” 1 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
clovis, california
“Over rate and bad food”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

We went there with a big group. My dinner was cold and not very well prepared. I felt unable to complain to the chef. It really looks unsanitary to eat there. Don't waste your money or time. The local that went with us said it was not as good as he remembered. We are food snobs from California. This was not very special. Don't waste your money. Too expensive for cold tasteless food.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

Napa, California
“Quirky cool, delicious food.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

Loved this outta the way little restaurant. Don't let the rundown looking building or low budget atmosphere fool you. Just go with low ambiance expectations and a sense of humor and be prepared to fall in love with your food. We thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. If we weren't moving out of the state, we would be back often. The chef, Curren, is gifted!! We wish this establishment nothing but success!!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
covington tx
“not what I would call fine dining”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

I'm by no means a food snob but I do enjoy good food and a nice dinner out with my wife. This was just not my kind of place and the food was way below expectations. First I do not enjoy sitting at a picnic style table with 20 people I do not know ( some with kids and one new born). Second I do not like my drinks in styrofoams cups or watching someone washing dishes while I eat. The menu is very limited with no choices of what is served with your entree. The service was fair at best (never came back to refill our water cups) and had to ask a neighbor to borrow his corkscrew. The salad could have come out of a plastic bag from the produce section at albertson's and I would not have guessed my dressing was blue cheese if it wasn't for the BC on the lid of the little plastic cup with no chance to get anymore. I opted for the tenerloin ($35) very tasteless and well overdone for my medium rare taste (everyones looked cooked the same) was served with swiss chard in tart fashion, very bland and not what I enjoy wirh a steak,again no option. At the suggestion of our neighbors we tried a sampler side of mac and cheese. Awesome beyond belief,not like any you've had before. I wished I'd tried the chicken and waffles it looked and smelled great. At about $100.00 for 2 I really expected more.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Absolutely amazing food! A great place for a date night or to have a great dinner with close friends!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013 via mobile

Hands down the best food around! Chef Curren Dodds is AMAZING. Everything is so fresh and delicious! We go here a lot for a date night alone and we've also taken many friends there who have all thoroughly enjoyed it! Bring your wine and enjoy the great food and atmosphere!

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
north hill country
“The best!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

This is why I love "hole in the wall" places. Let's Eat is open only Thursday, Friday and Saturday and I would recommend reservations. They have 2 dinner seatings. They seat the entire group at the same time. Once you are seated, you will receive your food fairly quick. In the meantime, you will get a chance to meet all those around you, as it is close seating and everyone sits together. Delight yourself in this different style of dining, and enjoy meeting new people while enjoying the best meal you have had in a long time.

• Visited May 2013