“Don't judge a book by it's cover” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Blanco County Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Blanco
Blanco County Inn
You added Blanco County Inn to your Saves list
902 Main Street, Blanco, TX 78606   |
Ranked #1 of 2 Blanco B&B and Inns
St. Petersburg, Florida
“Don't judge a book by it's cover”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2012

I strongly agree with the other reviews, the owners of this property could not be nicer or more helpful. The grounds are not much to look at by the interior of my room was beautify detailed and homey. It was more of a motel on the outside and lovely B&B on the inside. I have stayed at hotels around the world and often marvel at how much better a room could be with just a few adjustments. The owners of this hotel really have taken the time and effort to make the rooms all they could be – based on the room I was in. It was small but wonderfully decorated and complete with everything; and it was very up-to-date.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Cleburne, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2012

This little cozy Inn is wonderful ! The owners are friendly,thoughtful, & very helpful.. The room was very clean & inviting. The beds are cozy & comfy.. We would absolutely stay here again!!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
dkd4727, Owner at Blanco County Inn, responded to this review, March 17, 2012
We are glad you had a nice stay with us. Please come back & visit anytime. Thank you for your kind words.

Deborah & Ralph
Indianapolis, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2012

I broke down and was fortunate enough to pull into this Inn. I was having the worst day ever. Debra and Ralph were the most helpful, kind, and caring people. The helped me repair my vehicle and feed my spouse and I. I rented a room and it was spotless and comfy. I loved it! It was like being at home. I would go back again and again. Thank You Debra and Ralph.

Johnson's

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
DFW
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2011

What a Gem to find in Blanco. Right On Tx Hwy-281 and The Best Management Team EVER! Ralph and Deb were Extreemly helpful and accommodating. The Rooms are Neat and Clean. Coffe Maker and a Mini Fridge made it all the more comfotable. I said Neat, yeah, check out the Different decor that's set up for each room! The Big Deck is and Absolute Blast as many of the world's problems are resolved there and stay there too! Blanco is deffinately on my places to go and Just Visit! See you again soon Ralph and Deb!!

Room Tip: Check out the Redbud Cafe or the Sunset Griil, both located on the square.
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled solo
Fort Worth, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2011

Home away from home. If only my home where this well- appointed! My boyfriend chose this motel based in the idea that it was "your grandmother's best guest room". This does not do the inn justice! As perfect, tiny and functional as an ALOFT (my favorite when travelling for work), but with all the amenities of a Southern Living guest home.
We rolled in late, after stopping liberally along hwy281, and checked into a complete surprise.
My favorite components:
The sitting area around the pool. It's like a friend of a friend's ultra well groomed backyard that, when you attend the backyard party, you are embarrassed to admit the level of envy you have for the landscaping.
The eco-friendly yummy smelling bath products
The office/kitchen/TV space that is ikea inspired with guest house flair. Built up, not out and add some country kitsch.
The homemade pumpkinbread upon arrival.

The one caveat: the bathroom is not actually a bathROOM, more like a WC with a somewhat modest blind system for something like privacy. In other-words do your business at a truckstop unless you are alone or just don't care. I still kinda do.
But this place still rates a 5. In fact if I ever had the option of here vs ALOFT the Blanco County Inn wins hands down. If only for the pumpkin bread.
The rest I'll left you discover on your own.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
DAYTON
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2011

We cannot say enough about this quaint little hotel in Blanco, Texas. The owners are VERY friendly and go out of their way to help. I love the keyless entry as you don’t have to keep up with a hotel key! But the ambiance in the room was priceless. We actually stayed in one of their smaller rooms and it was just right for us, but the bed was so comfortable that I tried to find out where they got it! Lol We will definitely be back and highly recommend it to family/friends and it is especially nice for adults who want privacy!

Room Tip: Highly recommend this hotel! Very nice and affordable too!
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Austin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2011

Actually, this property is what used to be called a motel. That is, you can drive right up to the door of your room. Motels were once very popular in the United States. Unfortunately, motels became fatally associated with sleazy, poorly maintained facilities, economically marginal inhabitants, crime, drugs, prostitution and so on. As such, motels went out of fashion in a big way. Newer properties built by the large hotel chains are careful to call themselves “Inns” or “Hotels” or “Suites” or anything but “Motel”. They also are careful to build their facilities as uncomfortably brightly lit, large monolithic boxes.

Actually, however, this lemming-like stampede has been unfortunate, because it is in fact really convenient to be able to drive directly up to your room, rather than having to haul all of your stuff into the depths of some sort of cavernous monolithic box.

The next clever thing at the Blanco County Inn was the check-in process. There wasn’t any.

At the time my wife made the reservation (by telephone I believe) the owner gave us a unique four digit code. When we got to the property, we simply drove up to the door and entered the code on the lock. The door opened immediately. The code is unique and re-programmed for each customer. No standing around shuffling papers. No electronic key cards to lose. You give them a four-digit number that means something to you and that number is your door key. Very elegant.

The room was rather compact. However, it was in perfect condition. Fresh paint. New fixtures. Nothing chipped or broken. There were numerous charming touches like a tile mosaic laid into the tile wall of the shower. The furniture was a charming rustic style. There was a brand new flat panel television with a large selection of cable channels. In the bathroom, there was a little basket of boutique toiletries of the type one would expect to find in a major fancy hotel. The coffee maker was nice and new. Our receipt was waiting for us on the desk. We relaxed and watched television for a while. In the morning, we made coffee and sat outside in the cool morning quiet for a bit. We then moved our stuff 15 feet back to the trunk of our car and meandered off.

Very easy. Very relaxing. Very pleasant.

Room Tip: Don't know about rooms, but Sunday Brunch at the Uptown Blanco Restaurant was excellent
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Blanco County Inn? Share your experiences!