“Nasty - Stay away” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Plaza Inn Big Spring

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Big Spring
Plaza Inn Big Spring
You added Plaza Inn Big Spring to your Saves list
700 West I-20, Big Spring, TX 79720 (Formerly Super 8)   |
Ranked #9 of 15 Hotels in Big Spring
Madera, CA
“Nasty - Stay away”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

One word describes this place - nasty. It doesn't even earn one dot, but I had to put one to post this review. If it hadn't been midnight when we checked in, we would have demanded our money back and gotten the heck out of there. We booked two rooms at the last minute and they were both filthy, dirty, stained sheets and carpets, dirty bathrooms and smelly. My husband wore his flip flops because the carpet was so dirty. We stripped the blanket and bedspread off the bed and used the pillows and blankets we had in the car. The light in the bathroom had excretement smeared all over it. The counter girl apologized the next morning and said housekeeping would check the room, but I'm sure they were all the same - disgusting!

Stayed October 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Brookston
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2011

This is a place to sleep, could use upgrading and cleaned. Be prepared when you visit this part of Texas, as Midland and Odessa areas are always booked. This is the closest you will get within a 50 mile radius, if you do not have reservations.. Staff was more than cordial and aiming to please.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Hurst, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2009

I came to West Texas this past weekend looking for memories. And I brought my dog along because she will let me drive her Cadillac if I bring her, but if I don't she makes me drive my old Buick instead.

When I got there your desk clerk named Monika worked hard to make me comfortable. She moved me because Shasta wanted to save me
from every passing customer, and she would not stop barking at them. Monika worked her fingers to the bone to make me comfortable, but I think she made a more lasting impression on Shasta with her tummy rub. I was very happy to be there, and usually I insist on staying with a name-brand I recognize.

Now that brings me to the cricket in the bed. I was amused with that. I haven't seen a cricket in years. I grew up in West Texas and crickets stink. Grasshoppers eat everything and I saw quite a few of them, but I was not ready for the homecoming I can only hope is there.

I noticed big fat healthy red ants all over the place, and I had to beleive my life-long little friend the Texas Horned Lizzard is somwhere around waiting for dinner.

Have you had any customers jumping for joy because you had red ants in the parking lot? Well, now you have..

Because where there are red ants there are also horned lizzards. And, I don't think there's a Texan alive that doesn't wish he would come back home. He only likes red ants, and he's starved to death in the most of the state.

And you had a feast going right underneath your sign.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
waco, texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2008

We stayed at this Motel last week. I would never stay there again. The bed was the worst we had ever slept on. The room was dirty. Yes, the place is old, but even an older place can be clean. The carpets were filthy and had that "carpet freshner" sprinkled on it to cover up any smells. The bathroom was very dirty. Urine was all over the lid as well as the bottom of the commode. We will never stay here again.

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — everything
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
El Paso
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2007

I stayed at this motel because it was the host hotel for my daughter's gymnastics meet at Big Spring. Upon check-in staff were friendly but slow in checking us in. When we finally made it to our rooms, the location was terrible as we were in the back buildind facing trash cans and fields. The noise was terrible as there is a Petro station right next door. The room was typical motel 6ish....if it had been remodeled I can only imagine what it looked like before. Carpets were quite dirty and my daughter's allergies were unbearable. Breakfast was typical continental and they had ran out of most items and it was just 8:30 am. We have another meet this year in Big Spring and I will not be staying here.

• Liked — Price
  • Disliked — Uncleanliness
  • Stayed September 2006, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2007

A remodeled locally owned chain(4 motels). I saved by using an online coupon. The breakfast is adequate- cereal, juice, sweet rolls, biscuits and gravy. The waffle maker was broken. Room was clean, quiet. The staff was very helpful and friendly, I would stay there again.

• Stayed May 2007, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Plaza Inn Big Spring? Share your experiences!