“Don't Shy Away From This Hotel” 5 of 5 stars

2X HHonors Points
Ranked #2 of 15 Hotels in Big Spring
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Texas
“Don't Shy Away From This Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2012

We stopped in Big Spring in June of 2012. After reading all of the reviews on the hotels in Big Spring, we nearly kept driving. I called the front desk to reserve a room and I was quoted a price higher than the internet rate. I asked if I could have the internet rate, but she said she could not do that over the phone. So, I booked the room on the internet from my phone. Other than this odd reaction from the front desk, we loved our stay. The room was big and clean. The pool is amazing and so is the workout room. We can't wait to stay in this hotel again.

Room Tip: Definitely book on the internet, and don't wait too long. They had LOTS of drive up traffic tha...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Sonora, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2012

We stayed in a Handicsp Accessible King Suite with a roll in shower due a broken ankle and torn ligaments. The computer work area, bed, and bathroom couldn't have been better. The breakfast buffet was super with English muffin halves topped with sauce, egg and bacon. The cooks called out when there was more hot food. I would highly recommend staying at this conveniently located( off I-20) hotel.

• Stayed May 2012
Mansfield, TX
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2012

We stayed here both going and coming this past week on our spring break. This is a relatively new hotel. It is very nice, especially for Big Spring. We have stayed in other hotels here before, and by far this is the nicest. The beds were very comfortable. The breakfast was good. They had a bit of trouble keeping up with the volume of people eating, but there was a good supply. The only thing that bothered me was the fact that there was a used bar of soap in the shower in one of the rooms the first night we were there. I would recommend this hotel over all the others I've stayed at in this town as long as the price stays reasonable and the upkeep remains of a high standard.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2012

At breakfast my daughter picked up a yogurt and upon closer inspection it had expired over a month ago! Luckily we looked at the sate before she ate it! When we reported to the front desk the clerk yelled across the lobby to the woman in charge of the breakfast area askimg if she had checked the dates and telling her to check the rest. Then she gave is dirty looks the rest of the time we were there. The trash can was also overflowing in the breakfast area.

Staff overall seemed unprofessional

Hotel was full of oil field workers so dirt in all the common areas... also not enough parking... even with some of the oil field trucks parked in the grass next to the hotel we got the last parking spot!

Room was clean and new looking

• Stayed March 2012
San Diego
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2012

New Hampton Inn with great beds and
a great room. Reasonable rate - much better than in Midland (I'm told). Stayed at the Lodge on the Desert in Tucson the next night and paid double for a so/so room. Big Spring is a small town with limited dining choices.

• Stayed February 2012
Miami
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2012

I stayed here solo for 3 nights on business. I found this hotel to be relatively new, clean and comfortable. As other reviewers have mentioned, the staff are very friendly- genuinely so. I have stayed in many Hampton Inns, and this one is excellent. The pool and whirlpool were clean and warm. The exercise room, although small, was adequate. The business center was located in a separate room on the first floor, was quiet and amenable to getting work done. The breakfast meal was standard Hampton Inn fare, but served with a smile; the breakfast area itself is comfortable and spacious; the large community table even has electrical outlets and wired internet access! I would have given this hotel five stars, but the following issues were problematic enough to prevent me from doing so. First, the internet service inside the business center was painfully slow. Even though the computer monitors are large and new, and the operating system is Windows 7, the speed was not acceptable. I did not bring my own computer on this visit, so I cannot comment on the internet speed in the rooms. The second issue was the doorbell-like alarm at the "Suite Shop"- the area adjacent to the front desk where one can purchase sodas, snacks and such. Every time someone leaves the area, the alarm goes off to alert the front desk staff. I was staying in a room on the first floor, and could hear it clearly. It really was bothersome at times, although fortunately that area did not get much traffic late in the evening. Despite those issues, I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone staying in the area- the positives far outweigh the negatives.

Room Tip: I would suggest requesting a room on the south side of the hotel, which faces town. I stayed in a r...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Carlsbad, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2012

While traveling across the country, I usually plan out our stops in advance. I'd never stopped in Big Spring before but the hotels in Midland/Odessa seemed a little pricey just for a night of rest. The price of this suite here in Big Spring seemed better so we went for it. We drove a little further than we wanted to that night but it was oh so worth it. This had to be one of the nicest, biggest hotel rooms we've ever stayed in. Super clean, new and huge! The kids went nuts. We had two big beds and a pull out sofa with a very big desk separating the living and sleeping areas. Fridge, microwave. Perfect. It just seemed so spacious after cramming into smaller rooms. This suite was perfect for us and I would love to stay here again!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Big Spring? Share your experiences!