“Truly a wonderful hotel” 5 of 5 stars

La Quinta Inn & Suites Big Spring
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1102 IH 20 West, Big Spring, TX 79720   |
Ranked #4 of 15 Hotels in Big Spring
Pawleys Island, SC
“Truly a wonderful hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

We had to go to Big Spring, TX for a funeral for our sister in law. The staff at this hotel was beyond wonderful, caring and went the extra mile. From the moment we checked in through checking out, the staff could not have been better. Wilma, who handled the breakfast in the mornings, was so sweet and caring. We almost cried when we had to leave her. Renita, Rachel and Savannah at the front desk always asked if there was anything they could do. There was also a gentleman at night who always had a great smile and took care of anything we asked. Sam and her housekeeping staff and Corey in maintenance went above and beyond for us also. Our reason for going to Big Spring, TX was sad but the employees at this hotel made it a little easier for all of us.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

The staff was excellent and friendly, rooms very tidy and in order. The only thing I could ask for is pork chops for breakfast...a boy can dream, cant he?! I would definitely stay at this location again. The pool area was well kept and the hotel location was easy to find and nearby local eateries. Excellent place to stay!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

I've been to some dumpy La Quinta's. This place was very nice. Wasn't too crazy about the view of the "mexican resteraunt"'s trash out back yard, but the pool, hot tub and fountain were very nice. They also had a very decent breakfast. I know to stay at only indoor access LaQuinta's from now on.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Hobbs
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

Our Company booked two rooms, when we arrived, they only had us down for one, we had confirmation numbers, but it didn't matter ! I had to call our office in New Mexico to provide them a second time with the Company Info and Corporate credit card number, even though they already had it for the other room ! confirmation numbers don't seem to matter to them ! they had plenty of rooms so that problem was resolved ! we got our rooms, put our stuff in them, and left to work at the Alon Refinery, upon returning to our rooms, I was shocked to find my door open, not unlocked but open ! I went to the front desk to complain, and was told they were having a problem with the maids doing that ! they made a note about it, also when I first got to my room I noticed the carpet was covered with grass and small pieces of trash, I was too tired to mess with it and just went to bed thinking it would be cleaned up the next day ! after a long hot day at the refinery I returned to my room, and the carpet still hadn't been vacuumed ! I took off my boots and stepped on a sticker ! ouch !! I called the front desk, they told me they would let Housekeeping know the next day ! a few minutes later the desk clerk called me back, and said she would come up and vacuum, I did appreciate her taking care of the problem, she informed me the reason they haven't vacuumed was because most of their vacuumed don't work ! are you kidding me ! 179.00 dollars a night, and they can't afford to buy some new vac's !! this Hotel was packed every night of our 6 night stay there ! still it wasn't the worst, but it was far from the best Hotel I've stayed at !

Room Tip: there are no ice machines on the 2nd and 4th floors !
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Corpus Christi, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

After three weeks of traveling and several La Quintas, this one in Big Spring was our last stop before our final destination. It was by far, the nicest La Quinta we had ever stayed at. It was obviously a newer hotel and very well kept. The room was very modern from the large flat screen TV to the marble counter tops in the bathroom. Everything was spotless. It almost felt like we were the first people to ever stay in that room. And of course, they are pet friendly, so we were able to have our cats with us - the reason we use La Quinta as often as we can when we move. No complaints at all about this location!

Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Lubbock, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

Great property. New location on I-20. Friendly staff, good sized rooms, and very clean. Nice pool. Rates are higher due to "Oil Boom" and weekends might be the only available nites. Convenient location for those that are traveling on the Interstate.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Big Spring? Share your experiences!