“First Texas BBQ” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Barbecue
Edmonton, Canada
“First Texas BBQ”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

Since this was my first authentic Texas BBQ, I have to be clear that I have nothing to compare it to. That said, it was very good. I've had homemade smoked ribs frequently (my dad's specialty) and since I don't think he reads Trip Advisor, let me say that Millers ribs were better. The flavour was incredible and the meat just fell off the bone. I also had the brisket, but I wish I had just stuck with ribs. I enjoyed them more. My daughter had the half chicken, and it had a smokey flavour that was less overpowering than the beef. She really enjoyed it. The coleslaw and potato salad were really nice accompaniments. We were traveling from Dallas to San Antonio, and picked this place because we figured we'd hit it at lunch time. We were pleased with our choice. The staff really went out of their way to make sure we enjoyed it. This was the Texas experience I really wanted to have. Nothing fancy or pretentious about this place. Just good food.

• Visited July 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Belton, Texas, United States
“Another Q that Gets an A”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

Millers is a great little surprise in Belton. Nestled in what seems to be a Tardis, for it is bigger on the inside than what the frontage gives away, you will find your staple of BBQ foods: chicken, brisket, sausage, etc. The real value is the rib. Those are really the best option. But don't forget the Fire in the Bowl, a plate teaming with sausage and brisket, beans, and a side of potatoes. Top it off with some smoky sauce, and you have a winner!

Visited July 2014
“Worth the drive from austin”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014

Was impressed by the thickly cut moist brisket. A pungent smoke flavor was very pleasant. The sausage was very good. Service was excellent.

Killeen, Texas
“Business owner”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014

Good BBQ just a little to much smoke in there meat. Sides were good, especially the coleslaw. Staff all very friendly.

Lewisville
“Great smoked brisket”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014

Stopped by Millers to pick up some sliced brisket to have later on that evening. We picked it up around noon on Saturday. There was a line and we waited approximately 20 min. to place our order. They gave us an option if we wanted ours lean. We like a leaner brisket, so we took that option. Later that evening, we decided to try the brisket after we had it in the refrigerator all day. We heated it up slightly and began to eat. The meat had a very good smoke flavor and a nice bark on it. It was very tender, even though we had it in the refrigerator all day. I would have to say that this was one of the better sliced briskets I've had in a very long time.

• Visited April 2014