“Awesome Place!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Japanese
Temple, Texas, United States
“Awesome Place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

This is a great Japanese Steakhouse! The Hibachi grill is so much fun, entertaining, and GOOD! Absolutely GREAT food!

Visited April 2012

Tampa, Florida
“Needs a good cleaning”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

My wife loves sushi so one Saturday night we decided to give it a try. We didn't make reservations, but who makes reservations in the Killeen area. Bad mistake. It happened to be homecoming and the place was filled with teens and very noisy. We sat at the bar and as we walked across the floor our feet stuck to the carpet. Not sure how long it has been since it was cleaned. My wife had sushi, which she said was very good, and she knows sushi. I'm not a sushi fan so I ate off the other menu. Okay, but not great in terms of quality or portion size. We wouldn't go back.

Visited October 2012
Temple, Texas
“Fresh!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

The sushi is very fresh. The service is a little iffy--we have been multiple times, and have had a different experience each time, but never had an extremely bad experience. The sushi chefs are very knowledgable and accomodating. It's also a great atmosphere.

Visited May 2012
Belton, Texas
“Pretty good.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

The sushi here is good, not great, but the best in the area, unless you want to drive to Austin. The hibachi tables are always a hit and very fun for a group outting. The service is efficient and timely. I typically don't go here to eat, but I do order takeout from here fairly often, and I've never been disappointed in the sushi.

Belton, Texas
“Disappointed”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

We recently moved back to the Temple/Belton area and went to Nami for dinner a few weeks ago because we remembered it to be quite a good place to have Hibachi back a few years ago when they first opened. To say I left extremely disappointed and annoyed at the waitress is an understatement. I have an allergy to scallops and it so happened that the other family sitting at the grill with ordered a portion of scallops. While the waitress was taking our order, I mentioned to her that I was very allergic to scallops. She said okay before I could tell her that I can't even have food cooked near scallops or with the same cookware and pretty much brushed me off and continued taking the order of others in our party. I had a feeling that they were going to mess up on my meal but gave them the benefit of the doubt anyway. Usually, in a situation like that, the restaurant would offer to cook my meal in the kitchen rather than at the hibachi grill but no such offer was forthcoming. So the chef shows up and starts cooking- I shared a 2 person meal of steak and shrimp with my husband. He cooked the rice and the shrimp first and I'm thankful for that but then when it came to the steaks, he first he cooked the scallops and proceeded to use the same spatula to cook the steaks and the veggies. It was almost like he didn't know what to do differently for someone with a food allergy. When he tried to serve me the steak and veggies, I told him exactly what I told the waitress and he looked quite offended. Ended up giving the food to my husband. When the waitress came around, there was no apology or anything and we had to mention something to her before she went to the manager and came back with an offer to cook the food for me in the back- by this time, everyone in my party was done eating and ready to go, so of course, I said no thanks. All I can say is that we're never going back there...service was pathetic, the food that I was actually able to consume wasn't bad but the service we got overrode anything that might have been positive.

• Visited September 2012