“Great food” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 56 restaurants in Belton
Cuisines: American, Cajun & Creole, Seafood, Fish & Chips
Good for: Romance, Bar scene, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Dessert
Description: The only lake front restaurant in Central Texas. Come enjoy a margarita or cool iced tea while taking in the views of Belton Lake. Live Music and friendly staff with great food. Who could ask for more?
Centerville, Indiana
“Great food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

The food were excellent and reasonably priced. It wasn't too far from Killeen. Loved the view of the lake!

Visited July 2013

61% Recommend
Georgetown, TX
“Great Food, Great View, Tough to Beat”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

This place has a great view overlooking Lake Belton and the Lake Belton Dam. The food is great also, at a great price. Sitting on the deck overlooking the lake, you can *almost* forget you're in the middle of Texas!!! Overall, I think the value you get for your dollar here is very strong. If you're in this area, you should definitely check out Dead Fish Grill.

Visited July 2013
Seabrook, Texas
“Very Dissapointed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

My family (party of 10) went here today after my uncle's funeral. We were hoping to get a great meal, great service, with a wonderful view and just relax. The only thing we got was the view. Lunch started off great with a quick greet but immediately I noticed our tea and waters were taking a long time. (They were not very busy at this time 1:30) Finally she seemed to get it together and got our order. The appetizer sampler came out quick which was nice. Then everything went from good to worse. We waited for OVER 45 minutes to get our food. The whole time we were waiting I noticed the management over in the corner discussing things and a couple of times we made eye contact. The waitress made the comment that they had her on a training number and the food never got sent to the kitchen. Management now walking around and not doing much of anything. Finally the food comes to the table and was served. My vegetables and rice were cold. Server asked if I wanted them return but after waiting so long I refused and continued eating this $19 average meal. (The salmon was cooked perfectly). Still no manager has come by the table to apologize or address the situation. We got the bill and I wanted to personally hand my bill to the manager to inform him of how disappointed I was. Not in the over all experience but how the management did not do their job and handle the situation. She ran our credit cards wrong (two separate checks). Finally we got another manager involved to fix everything. Still no apology. If I had been this manager I would of said, "folks this has been a terrible experience. Your meal is on the house. Please come back and give us another opportunity". Still nothing from a group of guys that get paid to do a job and failed miserably at it. I live 3 hours away but even if I lived close I would not be back because of the lack of leadership from the team that should be more than turn key management.

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Great view of Lake Belton”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

Our son just bought a houseboat on Lake Belton which is a gorgeous lake southwest of Temple, TX. We took him and his dad to the Dead Fish Grill for Father's day. He had the Grouper with a crawfish ettoufe for $19 which he said was excellent. My daughter had mahi mahi over a bed of rice with green beans for $15. I had one large piece of fried catfish, 4 fried shrimp for $15 and my husband had the same grilled, same price. It came with cold slaw and French fries. The children's meals are $4-6. The atmosphere is casual. They were very busy but we were seated pretty soon...no time to finish our bar drinks before the table was ready at 7:30 on Saturday night. Lots of tables. This is not a fancy place but it does have good atmosphere, especially with the expanse of the lake out the windows. There was also a wedding reception going on in a large room next door.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Texas
“Great view, average food and service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013 via mobile

I come here for the view of the lake, which is awesome. The food and service are ok. The quality is not consistent. Last time had fish, fries and beer and was better then my prior visits. Burgers are also good.

• Visited May 2013