“Good hotel for the price” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Inn & Suites

You added Quality Inn & Suites to your Saves list
Quality Inn & Suites
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1508 I-35 North, Bellmead, TX 76705 (Formerly Comfort Inn & Suites)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Bellmead
Boston, Massachusetts
“Good hotel for the price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2012

The room is huge and very clean. I LOVE the separate dressing/sink area outside the bathroom with the sliding closet doors which are mirrors. The bonus magnifying/makeup mirror on the side of the sink is a very nice touch! Breakfast is the standard Comfort Suite fare. Food was fresh and the area was kept very clean. The woman in charge was continually wiping the counters and refilling depleted items.
I had no trepidations...felt very safe. One thing I wasn't very impressed with was the front desk staff. 4 different associates and only 1, the male, seemed even remotely friendly. The others were not engaging at all. The couple of times I asked a question I felt they just didn't care to help me. They weren't rude by any means, just weren't very friendly or helpful. The pool area was just ok. It's pretty much IN the parking lot. Not very private. There was also some debris on the floor of the pool. However, the good outweighs the bad and I will not hesitate to go back to this hotel again.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Alvarado, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2012

These folks bent over backwards to get me on the 1st floor to make it easier on my service dog. Easy access and plenty of restaurants nearly.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2011

Room for scooter and service dog after two tables and a chair where taken out, staff came quick when we called. Room 103 is next to pool and gym so noise could have been an issue for the service dog, but it was not. The suite was nice but if your over 5'10' get a second room as the sofa sleeper was a bit small. Hotel very clean and staff very helpfull, and breakfast was yummy.

Room Tip: rooms 101 to 106 could pick up on noise from folks near the ice and soda machines, pool and gym
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
Southlake, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2011

We were scheduled to stay here. We went to our assigned room. It was a non-smoking room but smelled of smoke. They would not give us another room. Even though we were scheduled to stay for 2 nights because it was Homecoming weekend at Baylor, we could not stay due to the smell in the room. They still charged us for one of the 2 nights, even though we did not stay any nights. They refused to give a full refund. I will not be going back to this hotel.
The manager was unavailable when we checked in and did not return multiple phone calls.

Room Tip: Make sure that you have the option to change rooms if your room smells of smoke before you check-in.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
SterlingSherrill, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, November 21, 2011
I always try and be fair with guest complaints but sometimes like in this situation it becomes hard because guest wants to cancel reservation at last second saying our room smells like smoke but our front desk person check the room and claims that it did not smell like smoke at all? Now in the past if front desk does smell smoke after customer compliants we will move them. And the weekend manager also checked the room and confirmed that it was ok did not smell anything at all and nothing at all wrong with the room.
It was Baylor Home Coming and I guess she was tring to get out of paying by a false claim ? Cancellation was 15 days before arrival. I can also say that I have no message on my phone at all from guest who states she tryed calling me and I did not call back. And after we have had guest check into that room with no complaints.

Again we try to be fair but sometimes we get a bad rape but it is not our fault. But good thing is we had 65 happy customers and Baylor Won!

Travelers are raving about these Bellmead hotels

McAllen, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2011

Clean, comfortable, beautiful handicapped room downstairs. Safe. It was a very good price considering it was actually a suite room--complete with couch, chair, kitchenette, all handicapped accessible and comfy.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
Glasgow
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2011

I stayed here at the Comfort Inn and Suites, Bellmead, Waco, Texas from 12th - 22nd September 2011. It certainly lived up to it's "Comfort" name - the hotel is extremely clean, has friendly staff and a nice selection of items included in the breakfast menu. I would stay here again and have no hesitation in recommending it to anyone looking for an enjoyable and comfortable stay. Thank you. Lilian A

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
Overland Park, Kansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2011

Our experience began with checking in on Friday evening. The desk clerk was extremely friendly and helpful. We chatted with him as we came and went throughout our stay.

We had a King suite and found it to be plenty of room for my husband, daughter and me. The room was clean and smelled fresh.

The only thing that was less than perfect was the cramped conditions in the breakfast space in the morning. They did a nice job of keeping everything stocked, but there was no room to sit down. I think this was likely caused by the majority of the guests being at the same conference, which meant everyone was there for breakfast at the same time.

I thought the property was very nice and well staffed. I would recommend and stay here again.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family

Been to Quality Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!