“waco” 5 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN PLUS Waco North

You added BEST WESTERN PLUS Waco North to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN PLUS Waco North
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1502 North I-35 Exit 338b, Bellmead, TX 76705 (Formerly Country Inn & Suites)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Save up to 20%
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Bellmead

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2011

This hotel is nothing fancy - But it sure meets your needs you in are in Waco. We have stayed at this hotel 5 times in the last 6 months. It is in need of a remodel - (which it seems they are doing - with each visit something new is updated) The hotel is clean - the free breakfast is one of the best free hotel breakfast I have had. Rooms are large. Staff is outstanding.......the best feature of this hotel is Mr Patel the owner/manager. After one of our stays we accidentally left our phone chargers plugged into the wall. Once home we realized our mistake so we called and we were told they are here and Mr Patel would mail them The phone chargers were at our home in less than 3 days! We settled the cost of shipment with him on our next stay! How many hotel managers would do that for you? Stayed at the Hilton and left PJ's and they denied they were left! (I am now doing a good once over on my hotel rooms prior to departure...:) For the price it can't be beat!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Carrollton, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2011

The room was good, clean linens, good size. Decent complimentary breakfast,great location if you are visiting Baylor University! Parking spaces were REALLY small. Staff were very friendly.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the I35 side
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Suzhou, China
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2011

We stayed with a group, but certainly would have stayed somewhere else if we were on our own...the breakfast was sufficient, and the helpers nice, though. The rooms are extra large by current standards, but the facilities are in badly need of repair and overall general upkeep.

Every piece of furniture in our room was signficantly worn, and we found crickets under the sink...and we were on the 3rd floor!

If you're going to spend this money, just stay at the Hampton Inn and Suites.

Oh...another annoyance is that the wireless internet often didn't work. I called during the evening and the night staff (a man) was not helpful at all. The next day when it still didn't work, the woman was willing to work with me and help find a solution.

Room Tip: stay on the backside away from freeway
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
txtraveler46
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2010

Rooms are a little worn. Clean sheets & towels. Good a/c. TVs wre tube type. Half the published channels were missing. Not fixed after two requests. Morning free breakfast was minimum. Booked here with large convention group. You get what you pay for. If I were booking for myself I'll go someplace else.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
Somerset, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2010

Hi we are from Pennsylvania,and recently stayed a week at Contry Suites in Waco. I looked at comments before I booked,and decided to take a chance. The room was great,had our own exit, there is a wonderful laundry room so we did not have to bring dirty laundry home, hot breakfast each morning, complimentary newspaper,and weekend paper. ! I requested extra pillows due to my husband's sleep condition. There is a swimiing pool,we have a pool party with the kids. The hotel was very clean,and cleaned the room daily. The hotel is right across from Wal-Mart,that helped,and did not have to drive a million miles. The manager and his assistant was just wonderful. I had budget to stay with,and the hotel met all my expections above and beyond. If you want a brand name hotel Fairfield Inn and The Radison is just down the street. The hotel has a great reputation outside of trip advisor. If you are the complaint traveler, then stay home. I wish the hotel great sucess,and yes they are remodeling everything. That will be nice when it is finished!
There is a wonderful steakhouse down the road, Heitmiller's check it out! BLess you all!

PS the family made it back to Pennsylvania,and we are doing great! Getting settled!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
cx_waco, Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Waco North, responded to this review, November 19, 2010
Thank you for your business and the kind comments. We are glad that you made it home safely and wish you all the best. Thank you - CIS Management.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2010 via mobile

We were skeptic when we saw where it was located, but changed our minds when we saw the inside. It was very nice for compared to our last hotel. Everything was smooth, except for a TV with a green tint. Things went from ok to worse when we had constant noise outside our room. We were situated near the stairs on the second floor. The living area was outside our door, and was filled with rowdy kids who ran up and down the hall stomping, parents who were oblivious to the noise were drinking beer, the lady at the desk who had brown hair and about 5'6" ignored our complaints about the noise, the children seemed to want to retaliate for our complaints about there inside wiffleball game. This Hotel was horrendous. I will make sure I never stay hear or at any other of these hotels. As i write this it is only 10 pm and who knows what the rest of the night holds for us. If i do not survive tell the world my story. I urge all of you to save your self from the nightmare me and my family have endured.

• Stayed November 2010
I apologize for the noise disturbance during your stay. We take complaints such as this seriously and attempt to address them immediately. I apologize if you felt the front desk clerk ignored your complaints, but the guests responsible for creating the noise were talked to and were told that they would be asked to leave if they continued to disrupt other guests.
Best Regards, CIS Management

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Waco North? Share your experiences!