“Convenient to Interstate 35” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Bellmead
Kunming, China
“Convenient to Interstate 35”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

This hotel is convenient to I-35. A shopping center across the street has a Luby's and other inexpensive places to eat. Convenience stores and filling stations nearby.

I was the only person checking in and the only one checking out, so had no problems with front desk service. They treated me all right. Night desk clerk helped me with directions.

Rooms look like basic roadside motel rooms. No distinguishing features. Heating and cooling are supplied by a noisy window unit. Bright lights outside (second floor) require use of heavy blackout curtains. Room is very bright if they don't close tightly.

My room had a mini-fridge, and coffee maker. No microwave. Wireless internet included.

No complaints. Two or three other similar properties are nearby (within a quarter mile.) I booked this room through Priceline for $62 and felt it was worth that. Would not have been ecstatic if I had paid the full rate, which from the website looks like $104.

Breakfast not included. I checked out and had breakfast down the road.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn & Suites Waco Northwest, responded to this review, December 12, 2013
Dear ZhongguoKM,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review regarding your recent stay. We appreciate your compliments on our products and services.

We are very pleased to note that you were satisfied with the facilities and services that we have to offer. Your satisfaction is of utmost importance to us as we constantly strive to make your experience a great one.

We hope to have the pleasure in welcoming you back again very soon for another enjoyable stay.

Dhan M
IHGCare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Houston, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

We have stayed here before and the customer service has gone down. We are Gold Elite members IHG. My husband called ahead to ask for an early check in so we could drop our bags and freshen up before a game. We arrived at 2:30. Check in is at 3:00. There was not a clean room in the hotel. ? So the maid is going to clean the entire hotel in 30 minutes? We were turned away. We were also told that two others HAD checked in before us. We rarely ask a favor. Customer Service is the key to any business. We will not return to this property.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn & Suites Waco Northwest, responded to this review, December 3, 2013
Dear Kat5409,

Thank you for being an IHG Rewards Club Gold member and for leaving us a feedback. We highly value opinions and feedbacks as this assist us in our never-ending task to better ourselves.

I am disappointed to hear that your stay with us was not what you expected. I apologize for the inconvenience you have encountered during check in and for the dissatisfaction you had with our service level. Our staff pay special attention to our elite members and deeply regret that we were not able to deliver on this occasion.

Your patronage and support to the hotel are very important to us, as such, rest assured that your comments will be used to consider improvements. We hope that you give us another chance and allow us to redeem your faith in our products and services. We value your custom and as always we remain at your disposal.

Dhan M
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

When we got to the hotel we had been traveling,it was late and of course I was tired and all I wanted to do was get to my room and rest. I walked up to the desk and stood there for a few minutes before the front desk clerk even acknowledged me and then it was to tell me to hold on she would be with me in a minute. She was talking to the other gentlemen who was on the phone trying to find a ride for someone at 4 in the morning to the airport. I was told to wait 3 times because apparently it took both of them to figure out how to get this guy to the airport. Finally the gentleman on the phone checked me in, I was given my room keys, room numbers, and wifi code but no one informed me what time the pool was open and closed, the gym, or the restaurant. I saw the restaurant and then questioned them about the hours. The hotel was nice, beds were comfortable, location was perfect for us. I just wish the customer service was better at check in, I was made to feel like an interruption instead of a guest.

Stayed October 2013
DanaMcCoy, General Manager at Holiday Inn & Suites Waco Northwest, responded to this review, October 9, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to let me know how your stay was at our property. I sincerely apologize for the way you were made to feel. I would NEVER want any of my guests to feel that way. We strive to always improve and I would love to speak to you. Please contact me, dmccoyhiwaco@gmail.com . And again, Thank you for alerting us and bringing these unsatisfactory circumstances to our attention.
Atlanta
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

While this appeared to be a fairly new hotel that did not overcome my disappointment with the room layout, location and price.
I visited during Parents weekend @ Baylor so that may explain the $260 rate for a 1 bedroom suite but the definition of a "suite" was a bit of a stretch.
It was 2 separate rooms but the sitting area was sparsely furnished and poorly lit.
The normal free breakfast, although usually not very appetizing in these type hotels was confined to free coffee. There was a cafe that offered what is usually complimentary. Regardless it did not look like it was worth a try.
The staff were pleasant, exercise room nice, clean pool area and ample parking.
Overall not a good enough experince to merir a return visit.

Room Tip: Find somewhere closer to Baylor campus if you are here to visit the school.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn & Suites Waco Northwest, responded to this review, October 9, 2013
Dear Tardawg,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We appreciate your nice comment regarding our staff and fitness center.

However, We’re sorry we fell below your expectation regarding the furnishing, breakfast and room layout. We will address these points. I assure you the feedback of our hotel will be reviewed and most certainly forwarded to the appropriate departments. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Orlando A.
Austin, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

Decided to look for a hotel instead of driving back home to the Austin, TX area and we were presently surprised to find this gem. It was also Labor Day Weekend. We have stayed in many Waco area hotels during the last 8 years. We have experienced the full gamut from the best of the best to not ever wanting to return. This property is one that we will definitely return to. It is a little off of the beaten path but once you find it and acclimate yourself to your surroundings you will be pleased. There is one restaurant and bar onsite and there are also a sufficient number of fast-food and sit-down restaurants, grocery and discount stores and my absolute favorite doughnut shop within a 2 mile radius, if that far, from this hotel.The rooms are spacious with ample amenities. The granite counter top over the cabinet where the mini-refrigerator and micro-wave are located is a nice touch. I especially appreciated the coffee/tea maker not being in the bathroom. I also liked the choice of having coffee or tea. Having access to free wi-fi is always a bonus. The beds were comfortable as well as the pillows.This is a nicely presented hotel but the walls are not as sound proof as one might desire or it could have been simply that we were next door to some extremely loud children. Nonetheless, this will not deter us from returning for another stay. The staff was wonderful and acknowledged you each and every time we were in the lobby. Security was not an issue at all.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
McAllen, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

Comfortable cushy bed with soft cotton sheets, the pillows were marked soft and firm, something for everyone. Large clean room and oversized bathroom with extra towels. Not only soap, shampoo and conditioner, but also lotion, makeup wipes, cotton swabs, shower caps, and body wash. The little things do make a difference. The staff was very helpful. I was at the hotel for a summer retreat with 100 women. Every hotel staff member went above and beyond to make our stay pleasant. We get together twice a year and all I heard was rave reviews from my friends about the accommodations! As a vegetarian, they provided delicious alternatives to me at the breakfast and luncheon. By the way, the meals were well presented and delicious. The extra little touch like marble rye as a bread option at lunch was a nice touch. Rich coffee was a treat all day long!

Room Tip: My room faced the expressway, but the windows are double pane with black out curtains and the hotel...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
DanaMcCoy, General Manager at Holiday Inn & Suites Waco Northwest, responded to this review, July 27, 2013
Hey "Rosalie1836"!
It was very nice talking to you a few days ago! I'm glad it all worked out with your friend picking up your pillow for you! It was a great weekend and I enjoyed all of you ladies, everyone was very funny and sweet! You will have to stop by next time your in the area, my Chef makes this really good parmesan crusted roasted tomato dish that is so good! Hope to see you every year! Take care!
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

We stayed at this Hotel in June during an Orientation for our child who will be attending Baylor University in Waco. Being a small town there are not too many hotels to choose from. There are a few options closer to campus, but the cost was higher for decent hotel accommodations. This Holiday Inn & Suites was pretty nice and there was plenty of parking and the area was not that bad. We spent most of the time on campus and ate there, so not sure about dining options near the hotel. From looking around I don't think there were many restaurants around there, but the hotel did seem to have a restaurant. The Room seemed to be nice and clean and we got a comfortable night's sleep. Also the front desk staff was friendly and helped out every time I had a question.
We think we will continue to book this hotel each time we are visiting Baylor University, as the prices is good and we have not had a bad experience thus far.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Hi Raiseboy,
Thank you for choosing Holiday Inn & Suites Waco Northwest! We look forward to your future stays with us and hopefully next time you will have more time to eat here at the property so that you can try our wonderful Kem's Restaurant. Take care and see ya next time!

Been to Holiday Inn & Suites Waco Northwest? Share your experiences!