“Good value” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 6 hotels in Bellmead
San Antonio, Texas
“Good value”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2012 via mobile

The place is clean, safe, comfortable, and very conveniently located. The staff is friendly and courteous. AC worked great and the TV had HBO. Free wi-fi. Carpet is worn but that is not an issue with us. Bed was clean, comfy. I asked for a non smoking room. Got one. I am very sensitive to smoke. No smoking went on there. Hey, not the Hilton but neither was the price.

• Stayed May 2012

14 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Phoenix, Arizona
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2012

I was shocked to learn that this is a Wyndam owned hotel. SHOCKED.

We reserved this hotel for my wife and her parents to a trip to Texas through the Entertainment Card program. If we booked a trip and stayed, we’d get a rebate back. Normally, this would be a great deal, except for the obvious – you had to stay in a decrepit wasteland for 3 days to get $50.00 returned to you, and you didn't know in advance.

The pool was not only dirty, but disgusting. Somebody didn’t even bother to fish out the dirty garbage bag at the bottom of the pool. See the pictures attached to my review. It's not only scary, but potentially dangerous.

When asked why the pool wasn’t locked off to visitors, the response from the front desk was, “Well, who would be stupid enough to go in there?”. Indeed. She definitely had a point. We would have gone elsewhere, however we had pre-paid and no refunds were accepted through the Entertainment Card program. So we hoped for the best. Unfortunately, hope and change didn’t fare any better in Waco, Texas than it did in Washington DC.

I mean, even the brochure for the hotel should have been a clue. Check out the third picture down from the hotel’s own brochure – they didn’t even change a burned out light bulb for their own marketing material.

I have attached pictures to this review, so you can compare what they advertise and what they deliver.

Unless you prefer wrinkles in carpet, squashed bugs on the ceiling, burned out lights, missing spackle, unfastened wall plates, a dirty bathroom floor and a pool that probably has a healthy need for a splash of muratic acid, keep driving.

Needless to say, I've asked the hotel management (Ruby) to refund our money. "We can't do that", and I can't be hard on her, since we did book it through a program. So I asked to have the District Manager call us. No call. We've reached out to Entertainment Card for a refund. No answer. Looks like everyone is quick to advertise this place, but then not stand behind it. Too bad, but this Knight's OUT, and Entertainment Card may lose our business altogether.

It's a bummer for everyone, but this hotel experience was inexcusable.

Room Tip: If they give you Room 124, hand the key back and go down the street.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2012 via mobile

We've checked in to our usual room here and as always we come into a clean and well kept room. When we first started staying here last summer what drew us in was the price (about 50 a night for a king smoking) but what kept us coming back was the friendly and extraordinarily helpful staff and the comfortable at-home atmosphere. If you are ever traveling I-35 through bellmead and Waco or live here and just to get away for a day or two this is your place. It's on the highway which places you only minutes from wal-mart, heb, movie theaters, and eateries.

• Stayed February 2012
Saint Paul, Minnesota
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2011

This hotel has the most TERRIBLE management I have ever dealt with. Don't stay here. Don't even call them. DO NOT make a reservation here. Or really at any Knights Inn for that matter. I made a reservation for two rooms, then called to change it and was told I didn't even have a reservation. I insisted for 30 minutes that I did in fact have a reservation, and they searched all over and came up with nothing and said I clearly had not made a reservation there. So I had to make a reservation with a different hotel. But it turns out I MUST HAVE had a reservation, because the next thing I knew... They charged me over $100 for the first night because I "didn't call to cancel". Unbelievable! How can hotels stay in business when the management is this incredibly awful? Oh wait, I know - they con people out of their money by charging them like they did to me.

Room Tip: Not at this hotel!
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2010

My comments are related to a budget type hotel. This hotel is clean, neat, and comfortable. The rooms are very small but appropriate for the level of hotel it is. It is well located on the north side of Waco on IH 35 surrounded by more expensive motels. The bed is comfortable, the breakfast is very standard but well presented. The bathrooms and floors are clean. The toweling has been cleaned and fluff dried. The linens had been starched and ironed. If you are looking for just a place to spend the night and watch TV this may be the place for you. It worked well for us.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2008

The two of us were going to a family reunion the next day and decided to stay at the Knights Inn, just a few miles outside of West. We had called in advance and were surprised that any hotel still had smoking rooms available. The room was clean and the hotel clerk upgraded our downstairs room to one that had a microwave and refrigerator. It was quiet and the staff was friendly. According to the management, the mattresses were less than 2 years old, and they felt it -- they were firm and comfortable. The 25" TV was clear and the remote worked. We slept so soundly that we were surprised to find that three semi-trucks had pulled up outside our room during the night and didn't wake us! The down side was that the only ice machine is located at the front office and we had the last room at the end of the complex. Other than that, we enjoyed our night and went to the reunion the next morning very well rested. Air conditioner worked excellent, which was great since it was over 95 both days we were there. Great for the $60 price.

• Liked — firm mattresses and quiet
  • Disliked — ice machine too far from the room
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Denver, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2007

Found on the internet. Spending extra $$ while moving your daughter to college is unnecessary if you can just lay down in air conditioning. The ice machine worked and theair condiitoning was great. The cleanliness factor was low - hole in bedspread and dirty bathtub. small bathroom but about 1/2 the price of most hotels. No hot tub.

• Liked — v alue
  • Disliked — cleanliness
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Knights Inn Waco? Share your experiences!