“Very clean, helpful staff, good hot breakfast, thin walls -noisy” 3 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Low Rate, Guaranteed
Ranked #3 of 10 hotels in Beeville
Columbia, South Carolina
“Very clean, helpful staff, good hot breakfast, thin walls -noisy”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2012

Spouse and I stayed here one night while driving between Rockport-San Antonio. I am surprised that this is the first review of the place since April 2010 – did no Trip Advisor reviewer stay here in the rest of 2010 & 2011??? The motel was (is) very clean from the lobby to our room to the breakfast room and the staff was very cordial and helpful. The guest room we stayed (Room 203) was very large for this grade of hotel, and nicely furnished. Everything worked perfectly- including wireless internet and we would have been very positive on this place until I was awakened at 6 am by noise from the shower in the adjacent room. At first I thought my wife was taking a shower in our room – but no it was from the room next door. I sounded like it was right behind my head-board. There must have been more than 1 person in the adjacent room – because I heard the shower noise 3 different times – I never went back to sleep. The breakfast buffet was quite good – scrambled eggs, sausage, and potatoes plus the usual breads, cereals and fresh fruit. If it were not for the rude awakening due to the next door shower - I would rate this motel higher than a three. But, it is what it is!

Room Tip: Do not stay in Room 203 if you do not want noise!
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends

38 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
beeville
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2010

The staff was nice, breakfast very good, room nice and clean. However, the business traveller who said something is always broken was right on. Our TV did not work at all, and in the morning, the toilet stopped up. We've stayed here before, when it was brand new. Apparently maintenance isn't a priority.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2010

I stayed here after I got banned from the Holiday Inn next door. (See my other review).
It is older than the Holiday Inn, but I much prefer it. The lobby is much nicer, the breakfast room is nicely furnished, but the staff is just fantastic.
The staff, and guests, are genuinely nice folks. There are a number of folks who do oil and gas work that stay there on a long term basis, and they sort of make a little welcoming family. Someone is always happy to chat, and occasionally you will find them grilling out the back on the barbeque by the pool. Genuinely friendly Texans, just like you read about.
Breakfast is good... scrambled eggs with sausage or bacon mixed in, fresh biscuits, etc. Beds are nice. Only complaint I've ever had was that the carpet was kind of old in one of the rooms I was in and could have used a steam cleaning. More and better TV channels than are available at the Holiday Inn.
They undercut the Holiday Inn on price, but it doesn't show. The rooms are nice, the lobby is great, and the internet never crashed on me. Tuesday night they buy pizzas and the guests are all welcome to come down to the breakfast room and eat for free, (you can even grab a free beer or soda from the ice chest).
Best of all the staff is genuinely friendly. They asked after my kids, and were just nice folks. That counts for a lot when you are on the road a lot. I've seen guests with small dogs on occasion, so that's not problem. They also have a few rooms with outside doors so if you want to you can back right up to your room and you don't have to carry your luggage all around. I think they still have a few smoking rooms too.
Last note, if you are lucky enough to stay here when the wildflowers are out, you will be treated to a HUGE field of them next door to the hotel. It's like walking into a Monet painting.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
Broussard
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2010

The lobby area of this hotel is impressive. The fitness center is in a bad place, it has huge windows that face the lobby.... do you want everyone watching you work out? The rooms are clean, the cleaning lady was nice. I had mentioned to her when she was in my room, that i thought it was odd to have such a large open area in the room with no comfortable chair to sit and watch TV. She said, you know youre right... and surprisingly, about 5 minutes later some guy brought a big comfortable chair to my room. I stayed in the annex behind the main building, which has its pros and cons...... Pro: Drive right up to my door. Con: Lots of traffic noise and only wired internet not wireless in that building. (Im spoiled) Very large breakfast area, and nice pool area. A covered picnic area with 2 BBQ pits available. Hotel seems kinda new, but there is a newer, bigger, holiday inn express next door.... i expect that it to cost more than here... so I stayed here. And would again.....

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business
South TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2008

We stayed here several nights and were very pleased with the friendliness of the staff, and cleanliness and all amenities in the room. Overall just a wonderful stay.

• Liked — Staff, cleanliness
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
cleveland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2008

I arrived in Beevilee and discovered that I had forgotten my charge cord for my laptop. I was to be here for 3 days and had to use my laptop several hours every night. I went to the front desk and, after talking to Cris Wagner at the front desk, he was able to find me a cahrger to continue my work without having to go 50 miles out of the way to get one. He saved me a great deal of anxiety! This is the customer service I pray for when traveling every week.
thank you Cris.

Stayed April 2008
Concord, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2008

I was pleasantly surprised at the Best Western in Beeville. It was quite nice considering it was located in such a small town. Hotel staff was friendly, although check-in took a long time. Rooms were comfortable and clean. It is near the highway so I could here traffic noise, but that was very minimal late at night.

I'm used to staying at run down hotels in rural Texas, so I was very pleased with this hotel in Beeville.

• Stayed February 2008, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to BEST WESTERN Texan Inn? Share your experiences!