“This place is disgusting!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Motel 6 Beeville

Motel 6 Beeville
You added Motel 6 Beeville to your Saves list
Motel 6 Beeville
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   400 South US 181 Bypass, US 181 at US 59/George West, Beeville, TX 78102 (Formerly Days Inn)   |
Ranked #10 of 10 Hotels in Beeville
“This place is disgusting!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013 via mobile

I have never stayed in a place so nasty! First thing I notice is a roach in the bathroom floor... And then another... And then another on the wall by the bed! Then notice how nasty and stained the sheets were, the lock would barley lock on the door, the floors are disgusting. If I could have stayed somewhere else I would have and before staying here again, I would sleep in my car! Everything is rusted and coming apart and everything else. I'm surprised this place is even still allowed to be open! My stay was not very pleasant. The only good thing is that it was cheap but now I see why! This room is worth $10!

• Stayed March 2013

Houston, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2012

Having stayed in the area for over 12 years for work and pleasure, I finally had to get a room at Motel 6 since the other hotel chains in town were full that weekend. Well all of the rumors I heard were true. The air condition in our room blew warm mold filled air and there were visible cigarette burns in the comforters in a non smoking room. The carpet was covered in stains and you wish you had flip flops to walk around the room. What ever happened to quality and people taking pride in their hotels or motels for that matter?. These chains need to see what people are doing to their names and franchises!!.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business

Travelers are raving about these Beeville hotels

San Antonio, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2012

I stayed at this motel (2 different rooms) for 5 nights in February 2012 for business. Ive stayed at many Motel 6's and have come to realize that they are more of a value motel than a luxury however this motel was neither. It wasnt the worst/dirtiest/etc but I likely wouldnt stay there again unless I had to. Here are a few thoughts:

Good: updated shower and vanity, clean sheets, lots of complimentary soap, microwave/fridge, relatively new flatscreen TVs, rooms had neutral smell (not stinky or smoky), pool looked pretty good but I didnt use it

Neutral: beds, road noise from highway - though the AC would cover this when running

Bad: cleanliness (hair in sink and mint stuck to bathroom floor), TERRIBLE OLD THIN towels - atleast they were clean, TERRIBLE FLAT pillow, most of my neighbors were somewhat loud and a bit shady

I didnt pay the bill for this stay as my company covered it but even so, I would still say this motel isnt a good value at almost 90 bucks a night.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
San Antonio, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2011

I booked this motel because it was the only one available and had to have rooms for my guests. We payed in advance...BIG MISTAKE. My guests checked out early by one day, called the motel to request a refund....that's when the runaround started. They would not credit my card! Called the credit card company and took care of it that method. Just because the area is booming doesn't give business' the right to treat people like crap!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Eatonton
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2010

We travel all over the 48 states delivering trucks. We were on our way to Laredo, Tx to pick up trucks. We found out that all t he motels in Laredo, Tx were booked for the night due to an event going on. We had no choice but to stay in Beeville, Tx due to nothing else before you get to Laredo. The Best Western and Holiday Inn Express were booked, so we came to the Motel 6. They advertise on the sigh out front they have truckers rates. When we went in I asked about the truckers rate. They said they didn't have one, when asked about the sign out front they just avoided the question. They charged us $92.65 for a double room with queen size beds. When we got to the room, the first thing we noticed was that they were not queen size beds, they were ancient full size, and very uncomfortable. The towels had stains on them, drain in bathtub was broken, outlet in vanity did not work, there was no smoke detector, instead wires hanging from the ceiling, and the sheets had stains on them. This is a really big rip-off. I will never stay here again, and will never recommend this motel to anyone.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
New Braunfels
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2010

In this stagnant economy, you have to give business owners a chance to survive. If you are having a tough time filling your rooms, the least you can do is make sure they are clean.
We were in town to photograph a wedding (the local town folk are some of the nicest people you will ever meet) and we really should not complain since it was paid for by the bride's family. But we would like to see the new owners of this place, come out on top and have a great place for travelers to rest their tired feet...hence this review.
When we first checked in, they would not take the credit card information over the phone from one of the family members. So they had to drop everything, run over to pay for the room, and then run back to continue the wedding preparations. A small inconvenience but again, people in Beeville will always go the extra mile to help anyone.
At first glance, the pool and the area around it are really nice. In walking into the room, it looked clean. The a/c was off (have to save money in trying times) and there was no smell of residue smoke when turned on (we asked for a non-smoking room, even though I smoke) which was a pleasant relief. Left for a bite to eat, to check out the Church, and reception venues, giving the room a chance to cool down.
Upon finishing the wedding and looking forward to just collapsing for a good night's rest, the details started coming out.
The new owners may have updated the vanity and the bathroom, but the drains would not work properly. Small inconvenience that one can overlook.
Pulled back my bedcovers and with the South Texas news reports on a bed bug problem, I was joking around saying I must look for bed bugs. Well, low and behold, there was one right in the middle of the bed (have pictures to prove it). It was dead ( the room had a faint smell of insecticide) and earlier I had seen an exterminator truck by the lobby. Being as tired as we were, I removed it. My wife immediately checked hers and on one side the sheets were dirty as if kids had been jumping on the beds and their washing machine was not able to take out the stains.
We almost packed up to return home that evening but with a 3 hour drive we decided to stick it out. Too tired to even change hotels(when we work a wedding, we go all out). So feeling a little queezy, we tried to get some sleep. The clincher was a piece of old dental floss, on the floor between my bed and the night stand which stood out when I set my alarms for our morning exit.
It all made for a very uncomfortable evening.
A bit of advice and consider it constructive criticism...
Vacuum the corners in addition to the whole room. No one wants to see the residue left by a previous guest.
Wash your sheets properly and if you spend a little more time correctly making the bed ( tucking in the corners ) you would see that the washing machine did not do its job. Also you would not have dead bugs between the sheets.
Use a dual liquid drain cleaner to unplug the drains. A guest does not want to have water above their ankles with residue soap when taking a shower.
Invest in a little heavier towels that absorb water. These were so thin that a paper towel would have done a better job.

If you step back, the new owners are trying to make it an attractive place to stay. Kudos...
But they must work with the staff on the details or get people that truly care about their work. It is obvious that whoever cleans the room, simply doesn't care. In this economy, having a job is a blessing...doing it right is the least one can do.

Upon arriving home, even the clean clothes all went into the wash. After long showers we were able to wash away the queezy feelings we both had.

Cleanliness is key and it is very simple to do. Right?

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
Donut Hole
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2010

Beeville motels come and go and this one is still gone, despite a rumoured 'remodeling'. The rate at the Best Western was $89, at Holiday Inn $109 and at this Motel 6 it was $69, or $59 or even $49 depending on the mood of the girl behind the counter. One wants to be economical in these times, so I bit the bullet and took the cheap room. And as they say, you get what you pay for. The first room I was assigned had no place to hang your clothes. So we were sent to another room. It had a place to hang your clothes (unenclosed, of course). It also had no TV remote control, nor was one provided when a complaint was made, nor was there a listing for the stations for manual usage - it was suggested by the capricious clerk that I purchase a local newspaper for a TV listing......

The room also featured a light bulb that dangled from the 'lamp' between the bed. Other features included a bedspread with cigaretted burn holes that had been laundered out, carpet with what appeared to be some type of animal excrement as a decoration, multiple nicotine stains on all of the ugly 20th Century faux-wood furniture, a shower curtain that was only partially attached and most interestingly, the hot water was cold and the cold water was hot.

I suppose we could have requested yet another room but after unpacking twice and being in a rush for a funeral we decided to stay and stick it out for one night. Our dogs loved the way the place smelled and were delighted the entire time.

Perhaps Bee County should condemn this place and turn it into an animal shelter, but please replace the management.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Motel 6 Beeville? Share your experiences!