“Striking Pros and Cons” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in Bedford
Bedford, Texas
“Striking Pros and Cons”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014

We checked out Tues June 17 after a five day stay here. Staff were all very nice and helpful. The breakfasts are delicious and Yolanda and Pam are wonderful! Convenient to DFW and many nearby restaurants. Public areas are nicely furnished and decorated. Good WIFI everywhere plus an office center with two computers and printer. Limited exercise room, but OK. CONS: Now for the bad: It was so difficult to sleep in Room 220 because of an old and noisy air conditioner that could not get the room below 67 at night. So after the second night, we asked to be moved and ended up in Room 212 where the air conditioner was less noisy but could not get the room below 66 all night. Mattresses were well worn in both and of the foam type, causing body heat to build after a few hours if the room temperature is too high. Air conditioning during the day was not a problem. The director of sales, a nice lady, said a major renovation is planned for this summer but she was not sure if it would involve upgrading the room air conditioners. Also, there is NO air conditioning in the halls, so it can be very uncomfortable walking down a hallway given the high heat and humidity of Dallas. She introduced me to the maintenance manager who blamed room air conditioner problems on guests turning them down too low, causing them to freeze up. Hello? This was the first time we EVER had this problem in ANY hotel and it was in BOTH rooms. Absent the good things I've mentioned above, this air conditioner problem was bad enough to justify one star. Director of Sales would talk with guests at breakfast. That's OK but not in such a loud and self serving voice because it was annoying to hear her urging guests to go to Trip Advisor and complete a positive review, saying employee bonuses depended on it. Shame on Marriott if they deprive hard working employees like Pam and Yolanda of their bonuses for things beyond their control! Minor issue was some missing baseboard tiles in the bathroom of Rm 212 but nice clean tub-shower with plenty of hot water. My suggestion: focus your renovation resources on the guest rooms as they are showing some deferred maintenance and have a tired look. The public rooms are fine.

Room Tip: Avoid this hotel in the summer unless you like sleeping in a warm room.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Janet F, General Manager at Courtyard Dallas DFW Airport West/Bedford, responded to this review, June 19, 2014
Dear GCROO:

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. I appreciate you letting us know about your experiences. I am so glad there are some positives that you experienced and we are working hard to address the concerns you had about our Air Conditioning units and ventillation in the hallway. We will be undergoing a major reconstruction starting in a few weeks in which we will be replacing among many other things all our mattresses. I wanted to apologize that you felt our Director of Sales was speaking loudly, she does have a hearing disability that occasionally causes her to talk louder than a normal conversation and she defintely feels badly you were annoyed by her socializing with guests at breakfast. We do try to encourage guests who had great experiences to share their stories on TripAdvisor and we do recognize associates who are mentioned but by no means do we give bonuses based on a Trip Advisor review, we truly want future guests to know our great customer service! Thank you again for your time. We hope to see you again should your travels include a trip to the DFW area.

Kind Regards,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Elk Grove Village, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

Courtyard is quickly becoming my favorite hotel when I travel for work. There is a comfortable consistency in the chain that makes each stay as good or better than the previous stay. I have booked rooms at Courtyards in 4 states and have had no disappointment to speak of. When I'm planning my travel I search for Courtyard first.

Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Dear John K,

Thank you so much for you great review of our property! We are so glad you always enjoy your stay with us. We hope to see you again in the near future.

Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014 via mobile

I travel weekly for business, this must be the friendliest Courtyard (Platinum) I have ever stayed at! Beryl the Director of Sales makes you feel like you really are appreciated. The GM (I forgot your name, sorry) is helpful in getting you to the Rangers gamer another local area.

The only negative is the lack of cell phone signal by Verizon (not their fault). Thanks for making a stay in Dallas a memorable one.

Highly recommend this location.

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Janet F, General Manager at Courtyard Dallas DFW Airport West/Bedford, responded to this review, June 2, 2014
Dear CM:

Thank you so much for taking time out of your busy schedule to write us such a nice review. It was our pleasure to visit with you and to make you feel at home. I am so glad you enjoyed your stay, got great seats to the ball game and will look forward to seeing you again!

Janet
Palm Bay, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

All the service from the front desk is always great. Trey, Myranda , Stephanie , Zachary are always greeting you with smiles and great service . Beryl in sales is always a great help. Great place to stay , nice and quiet and clean rooms.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Janet F, General Manager at Courtyard Dallas DFW Airport West/Bedford, responded to this review, June 5, 2014
Thank you so much for taking time to review our hotel. I am so glad our staff made you feel welcome. We will look forward to your future stay!

Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014 via mobile

Very sweet,polite and cortious staff. Made my stay a very inviting one. I want to thanks Yesenia for her great housekeeping service and also a very nice lady named Olga at the Cafe that was very attentive with me. I stayed for just two days and will stay there soon again.Staff like these are the ones that make you come back.
Good Job Courtyard!!!!

Giselle

• Stayed May 2014
Janet F, General Manager at Courtyard Dallas DFW Airport West/Bedford, responded to this review, May 30, 2014
Dear Gisyos:

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel and comment on the excellent service you recieved. I am very glad you enjoyed your stay and look forward to your return visti!

Janet
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2014

I came in for my husband's cousin's wedding and I loved Miss Olga and Miss Yesie. Olga is from the restaurant and Yesie from housekeeping services. They were very polite, respectful and friendly. People like this is what I like to see when I stay in hotels. Thank you Olga and Yesie.

Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Janet F, General Manager at Courtyard Dallas DFW Airport West/Bedford, responded to this review, May 26, 2014
Hanan:

Thank you so much of your kind review of our staff. I am so thankful to them for giving you such a great experience at our hotel and hope you come and visit it us next time you are in town.

Pembroke Pines, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2014

Friendly service from front desk, room cleaning, breakfast all over pleasant stay. Had to extend another night, no problem in accomodating me and provided best possible rate. Had a plumbing issue, came right away and provided me a free breakfast for the inconvenience.

Room Tip: Friendly service
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Janet F, General Manager at Courtyard Dallas DFW Airport West/Bedford, responded to this review, May 25, 2014
Jessie,

Thank you for taking time to review our hotel. I am so glad that you were able to enjoy your stay despite having a small plumbing issue. I am very grateful our staff was able to address your issue quickly and to your satisfaction. Thank you again for sharing your kind words with TripAdvisor.

Kind Regards.

Been to Courtyard Dallas DFW Airport West/Bedford? Share your experiences!